Ping feature

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Apparently there is a ping feature that allows you ping your iPhone from your watch. I could see this being useful if you've left you phone in another room in the house.

fd1077fb2edd2a9138ce30e5d1c7cf82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw this last night when I was skimming thru the User Guide. Definitely could come in handy. I wonder if we can ping the watch from the phone as well.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Messaging the watch from the Host iphone would be a great feature to entertain kids that might want to try it on

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I used to use this on my pebble and have used it once on my Apple Watch. It is helpful if you leave your phone in a your pants pockets or it falls in a couch cushion.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
So if the watch would show up on Fine my iPhone system, when the watch is with in range.

The Watch is out of range from iPhone. There is no way to use it on locating either?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Watch upon first paring...learns previously used wifi hotspots from your iPhone, and can make some use of wifi for some limited functions away from your phone... I have to find where I saw that again...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The Watch upon first paring...learns previously used wifi hotspots from your iPhone, and can make some use of wifi for some limited functions away from your phone... I have to find where I saw that again...

Many of us are finding the wifi connectivity very limited at this time. Perhaps they will adjust this in future updates to work better when off bt but on same wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20767?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Apple Watch uses Bluetooth? wireless technology to connect to its paired iPhone and uses the iPhone for many wireless functions. Apple Watch can’t configure new Wi-Fi networks on its own, but it can connect to Wi-Fi networks you’ve set up on the paired iPhone.

If your Apple Watch and iPhone are on the same network but aren’t connected by Bluetooth, you can also do the following on Apple Watch without iPhone:

*Send and receive messages using iMessage

*Send and receive Digital Touch messages

*Use Siri

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
What would be cool is to be able to ping other phones with the watch, kinda like if you have family sharing set up and you could scroll through all devices on the account and ping any of them from one 'master' watch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk