So looks like apple is beginning to reject apps that mention pebble support, so doubt they will allow android wear support. Figured this would happen.
    Apple may now be rejecting app submissions and updates that mention support for the competing Pebble smartwatch. The developer of SeaNav US for iPhone shared on Pebble’s developer discussions forum that a recent update has been rejected by Apple as the app and description “declare support for thePebble Smartwatch.”

Specifically, the developer says that Apple cited rule 3.1, which says apps that name competing mobile platforms in their description will be rejected.

app in question has existed on the App Store for almost 2 years without issue — before the Apple Watch was a thing — adding that the update doesn’t change anything related to its Pebble smartwatch support.
    Last edited by Premium1; 04-24-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    04-23-2015 05:24 PM
    My assumption re Android Wear is that Google simply will then call the app Google Wear or Google Notifications or something. Or just add the functionality to the Google Search app itself!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    PortCity79 and Premium1 like this.
    04-23-2015 05:55 PM
    Very interesting. An easy way to kill the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-23-2015 06:19 PM
    I don't see Apple supporting Android Wear now that they have the Apple Watch. It was understandable that they supported Pebble before they had the Apple Watch. But now the game is changing.
    04-23-2015 06:23 PM
    I'd be surprised if they banned Pebble or Android Wear.

Same as how they didn't refuse to approve the Google Maps app.

iPhone users like Google services.
    04-23-2015 07:02 PM
    Google likes the revenue iPhone users generate from Google's sale of mined data and advertising opportunities of iOS device users...
    04-23-2015 07:05 PM
    Very interesting. An easy way to kill the competition.
    It's Apple's ecosystem and their AppStore. Feel free to build your own devices and ecosystem. THEN you can set the rules. #notrocketscience
    04-23-2015 07:15 PM
    Google likes the revenue iPhone users generate from Google's sale of mined data and advertising opportunities of iOS device users...
    Which is why we always knew that Google would end up making Android Wear devices workable with Apple phones.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    04-23-2015 07:19 PM
    I don't see Apple supporting Android Wear now that they have the Apple Watch. It was understandable that they supported Pebble before they had the Apple Watch. But now the game is changing.
    I could see this being a real black eye for apple if they were to block it. I could see why they would, but if they allow pebble to work, wouldn't see why android wear wouldn't work, I am sure google isn't going to spend all that time and effort if indeed they know it will be blocked.
    04-23-2015 09:12 PM
    I'd be surprised if they banned Pebble or Android Wear.

Same as how they didn't refuse to approve the Google Maps app.

Just took them awhile to finally accept it
    04-23-2015 09:13 PM
    Well looks like this may have been an isolated incident. Seems other apps are fine.
    Apple is not rejecting iOS apps that work with Pebble (updated) | The Verge
    04-24-2015 08:10 PM