How would you change the UI?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So the UI may not be everyone's cup of tea with the circles. And some reviews call it confusing. What would you change or add to it?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, until I can actually use the watch, I cannot say if the interface is confusing or not. With that being said, I think the little circles should get bigger when you remove some apps.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the interface is fine, but I wish the battery was apple to handle having a background to the circles

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Without actually having the Watch in my possession and using it, it is impossible for me to state how I would change its user interface. In addition, I may not be as critical of the UI as others. As Karen has already stated, the digital crown can be used to maneuver around the UI, and I'm sure I'll make good use of it. Anyway, as it stands right now, I don't know how I would change the UI of the Watch or whether I'd change it at all.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with the Watch today at the Apple store. One thing I wish it had was a way to have text labels pop up over the app icons. I could figure out many of the familiar icons but there were a few, like world time, that I couldn't figure out without opening the app. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to find what you want with double or triple the apps.

Also, when I was flipping thru the activity tracking and goals app, when I swiped between goal pages (calories burned, exercise time, distance), I would accidentally hit the + icon and add to the goal total. Example: I'd set the walking minutes goal to 20 and when I would swipe to go to the calories burned goal screen, I would accidentally add 5 minutes to the time goal. I figure I'll eventually get used to the icons and the UI quirks but there are definitely some challenges with the small screen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with the Watch today at the Apple store. One thing I wish it had was a way to have text labels pop up over the app icons. I could figure out many of the familiar icons but there were a few, like world time, that I couldn't figure out without opening the app. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to find what you want with double or triple the apps.

Also, when I was flipping thru the activity tracking and goals app, when I swiped between goal pages (calories burned, exercise time, distance), I would accidentally hit the + icon and add to the goal total. Example: I'd set the walking minutes goal to 20 and when I would swipe to go to the calories burned goal screen, I would accidentally add 5 minutes to the time goal. I figure I'll eventually get used to the icons and the UI quirks but there are definitely some challenges with the small screen.
I'm sure like with any thing new, there is a little learning curve. I'm sure it will be natural in a week or so time of using it constantly, but I could see how this would frustrate some.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think a neat addition would be like what android wear just added with the bring your wrist up and the notifications slide right up

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative