I canceled my Apple Watch Sport order and...

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I regret it so much :)
I ordered my watch on preorder day at 12:03AM with a ship date of 4/24 - 5/8 and a couple days later, I canceled it and I wish i hadn't but at the same time Im happy I did.. while great, I think I'm going to wait for Apple Watch 2, maybe then ill have enough money to buy me the one I really wanted which was the 42mm black stainless steel Watch
I guess Im just wondering if anyone else canceled his/her preorder

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my watch on preorder day at 12:03AM with a ship date of 4/24 - 5/8 and a couple days later, I canceled it and I wish i hadn't but at the same time Im happy I did.. while great, I think I'm going to wait for Apple Watch 2, maybe then ill have enough money to buy me the one I really wanted which was the 42mm black stainless steel Watch

You might be alone on this one lol

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Man...I would have kept it. Even if you didn't want it when it arrived, launch day Apple Watches seem to be doing pretty well on EBay.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You should have at least give it a try for 14 days. And try it on in a real world situation. Then if you don't like it. You could have return it.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i did debate cancelling my order for a stainless steel but i didnt have enough money to buy my wife and i watches so i got us both sports i figure i will splurge when the next one comes out. and once i saw that they are backed up to june i will wait to get mine and try it if i dont like it i will return it.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I almost canceled mine yesterday by mistake. I hit the cancel order button in error and my heart stopped for a second.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I would have kept it.
With the limited supply, you could have probably sold the Sport for twice as much, if not more. And used that to get the Stainless Steel.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You should have at least give it a try for 14 days. And try it on in a real world situation. Then if you don't like it. You could have return it.

I was thinking the same but if he wants to save for gen 2 I think trying it would have made the return even harder. I am on the side of the people who said keep it and sell it. You would have made some money, the buyer would have an Watch on launch day win win. Though since you already cancelled it either went to someone else who ordered or it will be used to exchange any defective units so no harm no foul.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For sure you should have kept the order. You could have returned it, OR even sold it on ebay and probably gotten even MORE than you paid for it from the impatient folks. ;)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I would absolutely never cancel mine (stainless steel 42mm Milanese), but if I don't get it on Friday or if I don't like it, then off to eBay it goes! If I didn't get it on Friday, I would be slightly jaded because I am in the 4/24-5/8 group and like to be the first to get all the new toys. Granted, I know Apple merely promised it before the 8th, not on the 24th, but we all know how excited we get over these things. That being said, if I get let down in some way, my excitement will shift as I make my way to the Verizon store to buy a Galaxy S6 Edge for the same price as the watch. I'd probably even make a healthy profit if I sold it. I really hope it doesn't come to that, but knowing that I can get something else is making me feel a tad better about the possibility of not getting it on Friday (I'm still stuck on processing).

m0re2n0

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes !! I woke up early at 3:00am but the shipping changed within the 10 minutes.My shipping was set to Mid May. I was unsure about the Milanese loop so I called and cancelled it. I regret it because now I have to wait for Late May/June for the shipping! I hate the Apple NEVER makes enough.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm confused by your post. You start off by saying you regret it - then you say you're happy you did. I think you really are kicking yourself. I would be. If you didn't want it, unopened, it would fetch for 5-6x more on eBay or Craigslist or something like that. I ordered mine at 12:03am PDT, and did get mine Friday, so it's possible it would be in your hands by now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77