Why You?ll Hate the Apple Watch....

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the article is on point. As someone who wears watches, I kind of agree.

Obviously people buying the Apple Watch, or any other Smart watch, are buying it for more than simply telling the time. But if it's a hassle, just to get the time, that will be an annoying problem. Not a deal breaker, but real annoying.

The analogy he gives with the 1st gen iPhone is fitting. Even though most people bought it for the smartphone features, people were very upset that the phone constantly dropped calls.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think it's way overstated since I bet most people don't wear a watch anymore because they have their phone with them. If you compare checking time on phone to turning wrist, for most people it is going to be more convenient not feel like it's missing something. As the other commenter stated, they completely ignored it being a smart watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ALL full color watches will have this limitation, unless you want to charge it every 2 hours!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A simple tap to view time - big wrist raise not needed - nullifies this ridiculous premise.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off the wrist move on setting or not. A tap on the screen turns it on regardless. Very quick. And since you got the tap you already know there is something to look at - or just to tell the time. None of it requires wrist move.