Why does it HAVE to be an Apple Watch?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Has anyone seen this hilarious video yet?

I think the one person said it best, she would buy anything as long as it's Apple. And other's said they trust the Apple brand. So my question is, why get the Apple Watch, over say the Pebble Time (or regular Pebble), the Martian Watch, or Android Wear (assuming they get the iOS support finished), or another cross platform choice. So what is it? Let me say I think the Apple Watch is a beautiful well designed watch and I believe it will be a smashing success, BUT is there something more here?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As for the thread question, "Why does it have to be an Apple Watch?", I will say that it doesn't have to be an Watch, but if you've decided that the Watch is best suited for your needs, regardless of the reasons, then get one. You don't need to explain your reason for getting it and you don't have to explain your reason for not getting it if you opt to purchase a different brand. Period.

Last edited:

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping android wear gets support soon. The LG Watch R is really nice and would be what I'd replace my pebble with instead of the apple watch. Pebble time would be my second choice.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping android wear gets support soon. The LG Watch R is really nice and would be what I'd replace my pebble with instead of the apple watch. Pebble time would be my second choice.

I'm sure all the publicity Apple is bringing to smartwatches will help all manufactures. Just give it a little time and you'll more than likely see improvements.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I'm sure all the publicity Apple is bringing to smartwatches will help all manufactures. Just give it a little time and you'll more than likely see improvements.

Exactly Apple is setting the bar high but that doesn't mean it's unattainable. Competition is a wonderful thing, and it only means smartwatches (including Apple's versions) will continue to improve. I am actually hoping that the competition ups the ante; it only means that Apple will have to outdo not only themselves but their competitors as well with the next round. (Not that I'm planning to wait until the next round.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711