Don't be afraid to go cheap

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
One of the biggest things I learned from my try-on session is how beautiful even the sports model is. Truly, if it had been the only model released, none of us would be upset wishing for something more upscale. So unless you have so much money that dropping $700+ is nothing to you, don't feel even remotely bad about getting the cheapest watch. It's gorgeous!'

(And think of the money saved as downpayment toward next year's watch.)

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well considering the sports model functions exactly the same as the $17000 Edition why would I be afraid to go cheap?

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't look at the Watch Sport model as "cheap" and even if I were rich, I still would not have opted for the Watch Edition model. I don't care about anodized aluminum vs stainless steel or ion-x vs sapphire. When it is worn on the wrist, all people will see is an Watch.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I went for the sport model for couple of reasons. I don't like the shiny stainless steel. And as a golfer. The SS is a bit heavy. I'm happy with my order of space gray sport.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the finish of the stainless steel but more importantly, I wanted to make sure that the body and screen would really hold up well, so I shelled out extra to get the stainless steel model with the Milanese band.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it cheap; cheaper perhaps. When I do get the apple watch it'll absolutely be the sport version but for the price it is in Canada ($549 for the bigger mm) I just can't justify it over an iPad air 2.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I went for the sport model for couple of reasons. I don't like the shiny stainless steel. And as a golfer. The SS is a bit heavy. I'm happy with my order of space gray sport.

I'm going to get the SS for almost the exact opposite reasons. I don't like the look of the aluminium and I prefer heavier watches.

I'm kinda glad we have the choice, TBH.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get the SS for almost the exact opposite reasons. I don't like the look of the aluminium and I prefer heavier watches.

I'm kinda glad we have the choice, TBH.

I don't like the silver aluminum look either. That's why I went with space gray. I just think the silver aluminum looks a bit cheaper.
I also prefer heavier watch. But since ever since I started playing golf. I prefer the lighter watch especially because I use the golf GPS apps on the watch.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Th Sport ed. in Space Grey was my goal device ever since I found out the Stainless Steel ed. was going to be twice the price. It has nothing to do with being cheap, but everything to do with common sense. I'm more interested in it's functionality in the first place, rather than arguably better looks at twice the price ...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the silver aluminum look either. That's why I went with space gray. I just think the silver aluminum looks a bit cheaper.
I also prefer heavier watch. But since ever since I started playing golf. I prefer the lighter watch especially because I use the golf GPS apps on the watch.

I sold all my clubs before I moved out to Los Angeles. :( not that I was much of a golfer anyway but I did love playing a round back in the UK on the rare days when it wasn't raining.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2