Who said you should go away? I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-17-2015 02:51 PM
    What do you think? Is checking your Apple Watch any less rude than checking your phone? Do you plan to use your Apple Watch during meals, conversations, meetings, etc? Or are the rules the same, and it's rude to check your Watch at certain times?
    It depends on the situation. If like to think there's a Do Not Disturb option available to prevent notifications from disturbing you when necessary. Furthermore, if I'm out and about doing things alone, how can it be rude?
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-2015 02:54 PM
    Here's my point.
    One thread was how smooth is the heart rate sensor?
    I'm saying who knows. No one has it yet. It's a valid question but no one has it after folks have used it for a few weeks ask then.

04-17-2015 02:55 PM
    Man the natives are way defensive lately. I thought it was a good topic. Way to be inviting. Even from a mod! Smh. Face palm.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    There's a certain cognitive dissonance induced seeing you make post after post after post about the Watch and then say you're going to wait to get one until version 2... it's bemusing...
    Thank you Scatabrain.

I would understand someone feeling like I was trolling if I was just making low quality posts. But I put in effort to be thoughtful and spur discussion around topics that I'm genuinely interested in. I'm not sure why just because I say that I'm not buying now I'm being looked at with suspicion?

Points on the cognitive dissonance reference. You're definitely being esoteric. But it's cool. I'm enjoying it.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-2015 02:57 PM
    Here's my point.
    One thread was how smooth is the heart rate sensor?
    I'm saying who knows. No one has it yet. It's a valid question but no one has it after folks have used it for a few weeks ask then.

I thought someone who had a try-on appointment might be able to answer that question.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-2015 02:59 PM
    I thought someone who had a try-on appointment might be able to answer that question.
    Try on is just that a try on. Most are not comfortable or use to its operation during a try on. In a few weeks there will be plenty of reviews posted here.

04-17-2015 03:03 PM
    Try on is just that a try on. Most are not comfortable or use to its operation during a try on. In a few weeks there will be plenty of reviews posted here.

But from a try on you might know if the heart rate sensor was flush or recessed, right?
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-2015 03:06 PM
    LMAO at "trolling". Trolling is posting stuff, usually inflammatory, only to get a reaction from someone.

I have a genuine interest in the Apple Watch. I came here to ask questions and participate in discussion. Isn't that what the forums are for? (Also if I have a question or want to discuss a certain topic I generally assume I'm not the only one. If I was, the topic would just die anyway.)

Regardless, while participating in this forum and reading up on the Watch I've decided I'm not ready to make a purchase. Does that mean I should just go away? Am I not invited to discuss anymore?
    No, you don't have to go away just because you're not purchasing an Apple Watch right now. I don't know of any rule that says you have to be buying something to talk about it. Especially for a product that is not even released yet.
    jean15paul likes this.
    04-17-2015 03:31 PM
    No, you don't have to go away just because you're not purchasing an Apple Watch right now. I don't know of any rule that says you have to be buying something to talk about it. Especially for a product that is not even released yet.
    There are rules on the forum about being respectful to all in the forum.

I for one have enjoyed the plethora of watch topics, including yours, and appreciate your participation. Please don't let the grumpiness deter you. There are lots of great people here including the grumpies in this topic.

04-17-2015 03:37 PM
    Man the natives are way defensive lately. I thought it was a good topic. Way to be inviting. Even from a mod! Smh. Face palm.

They are making me less and less likely to start new threads asking honest questions because will flock and tell me how stupid I sound.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-2015 04:00 PM
    There are rules on the forum about being respectful to all in the forum.

I for one have enjoyed the plethora of watch topics, including yours, and appreciate your participation. Please don't let the grumpiness deter you. There are lots of great people here including the grumpies in this topic.

Every thread I have seen jean15paul post has been well articulated and posing a good question or two that get people talking. Apparently the people here want this to be even more of a ghost town and just a circle jerk amongst a select few.

And to answer his question, personally I think it will be just as rude to check your watch as it is to check your phone. I am going to hate the day I am seeing 20 apple watches light up in a movie theater.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-17-2015 04:02 PM
    1-800-drlaura

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Not Quite Right and Chrisy like this.
    04-17-2015 04:05 PM
    1-800-drlaura

Is checking your Apple Watch any less rude than checking your phone?-lgsdkvc.jpg
    04-17-2015 04:09 PM
    Apparently the people here want this to be even more of a ghost town and just a circle jerk amongst a select few.
    You assume wrong... I simply think it's incongruous to be so almost overly interested in a product one has zero plans to buy until sometime in indefinite future. The zeal is quite puzzling.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    04-17-2015 04:15 PM
    You assume wrong... I simply think it's incongruous to be so almost overly interested in a product one has zero plans to buy until sometime in indefinite future. The zeal is quite puzzling.
    Well to this visitor that is how it has come off for some time now. But go ahead and tell me I am wrong. It is what you guys do best.
    04-17-2015 04:17 PM
    kch50428,

You inspired me to start a thread explaining where I am and how I came to my decision about the Apple Watch (since it's a off topic here anyway). Let me know what you think.
    04-17-2015 04:34 PM
    kch50428,

You inspired me to start a thread explaining where I am and how I came to my decision about the Apple Watch (since it's a off topic here anyway). Let me know what you think.
    Link

04-17-2015 04:35 PM
    Link
    http://forums.imore.com/apple-watch/...-time-why.html

What I think is posted above... no need to repeat in the new thread...
    04-17-2015 04:39 PM
    kch50428,

Link

Oops, forgot. http://forums.imore.com/apple-watch/...ml#post2497115
    04-17-2015 04:39 PM
    http://forums.imore.com/apple-watch/...-time-why.html

What I think is posted above... no need to repeat in the new thread...
    I didn't know if any more info would change your opinion, but I also was trying not to get this thread TOO far off into the weeds.
    04-17-2015 04:44 PM

The watches you try on are running a demo loop. And the watches that you can actually try functions on are bolted down next to an iPad explaining what it is doing. So there's no way to test the heart rate sensor. I guess I could have flipped it over to look at there sensors but I was more interested in the band combos and how it looked on my wrist.
    04-17-2015 04:52 PM
    Been using forums since Compuserve and Prodigy. This kind of repeated pig pile from the same 6 people has really made this forum an unfriendly place. Active participation seems to be shrinking. And even fun topics like this have gone awry because of the pig piles.

In the last 6 months I have seen real bullying on here. One guy was literally driven out. Some of the disgusting things that were said should have resulted in expulsion from the site. One particular contributor is still posting today with consistent references to male anatomy. If it was anyone else who wasn't a friend of a mod they would have been banned.

I took a break from the forums because of this stuff. Coming back excited by the watch and all I have seen is pig pile after pig pile. With new people not being treated with respect nothing can improve. That's just too bad. Real shame.

Premium1, Chrisy, brengla and 2 others like this.
    04-17-2015 05:02 PM
    Been using forums since Compuserve and Prodigy. This kind of repeated pig pile from the same 6 people has really made this forum an unfriendly place. Active participation seems to be shrinking. And even fun topics like this have gone awry because of the pig piles.

In the last 6 months I have seen real bullying on here. One guy was literally driven out. Some of the disgusting things that were said should have resulted in expulsion from the site. One particular contributor is still posting today with consistent references to male anatomy. If it was anyone else who wasn't a friend of a mod they would have been banned.

I took a break from the forums because of this stuff. Coming back excited by the watch and all I have seen is pig pile after pig pile. With new people not being treated with respect nothing can improve. That's just too bad. Real shame.

jean15paul's thread have been quite refreshing, in my personal opinion. He is actually doing the iMore membership a service by creating conversations in regard to the Watch. I highly doubt the regulars here have a problem with jean15paul, the person. Some of his comments may spark a debate, but that's normal in any forum on the net. Besides, he's proven himself to be level-headed and mature enough to take any criticism to this point, in my opinion. iMore is one of the most laid back forums throughout Mobile Nations, but that doesn't mean we won't ask questions, debate someone or even call them out on occasion, and since none of us are exactly the same, we will not respond or act the same. Finally, in regard to pig-piling, I wholeheartedly disagree. Having 6 people disagree with 1 person is not a problem. Allowing someone to spout off untruths or factually incorrect information unchecked is doing a disservice to others who may be interested in knowing the facts. In conclusion, this is a forum where we all have varying opinions and tolerance levels. I think the following statement tells it best: "....We discuss things. We enjoy each other's opinions. We're a community." ~ Rene Ritchie (Aug. 7, 2013). Note: enjoying each other's opinions doesn't mean having to agree with them. Anyway, that's my two cents...
    04-17-2015 05:26 PM
    I don't think so. It is rude one way or the other. Now that being said, short glances, some may consider not as much, but I look at it like this. If you are constantly looking at your watch, that is usually a sign of boredom or you want to go.
    04-17-2015 06:17 PM
    I don't think so. It is rude one way or the other. Now that being said, short glances, some may consider not as much, but I look at it like this. If you are constantly looking at your watch, that is usually a sign of boredom or you want to go.
    That's exactly how I see it.

Whenever there is a situation where someone looks at their watch someone asks "Do you have to be somewhere?" It's going to take years and years for that perception to wear off with smartwatches being more prominent.
    Bigeric23 and Chrisy like this.
    04-17-2015 06:27 PM
80 1234