Just a fun question. Pre-orders were at 3AM in some places. Perhaps your significant other was right there with you ordering. Maybe they slept and asked you to order them one. However maybe your significant other doesn't understand your propensity for expensive Apple products. So did they support you, not care or wondering what the F you're doing up at 3AM.
    04-16-2015 05:08 PM
    I was the supportive significant other who stayed up to order the watch FOR them. lol!
    Ipheuria and phreddyl like this.
    04-16-2015 05:09 PM
    My wife is usually baffled by why I order this expensive stuff. Then after I use it she usually becomes a fan and wants one later. My 1 year old son made the 3AM alarm more fun because I needed to not wake up either my wife nor my son. My wife was up when I got back she sighed when I told her why I was up. Then she shook her head when I told her the cost. She was not supportive lol.
    04-16-2015 05:11 PM
    I was the supportive significant other who stayed up to order the watch FOR them. lol!
    bonus points? lol
    04-16-2015 05:11 PM
    Wife was originally not supportive because of cost, then she became supportive because she knew I really wanted one, then she was unsupportive when I made my watch try on appointment, even more unsupportive when I made her one, then after the appointment, she bought one.
    Ipheuria and Bane310 like this.
    04-16-2015 05:17 PM
    bonus points? lol
    I really had no room to judge the purchase even if I wanted to...I just spent a ton of money on my Jeep for no other reason than fun, lol!
    04-16-2015 05:18 PM
    Girlfriend and I both got up for 3am to order our own.

Last year with the iPhone 6 issue, she stayed up from 3am to 6am trying to get the order to work. I gave up at 3:15 or so, woke up at 6 for work and ordered it without issue. She wasn't impressed.
    04-16-2015 05:47 PM
    Another thread? GEEEZ!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-16-2015 06:08 PM
    Mine didn't hear me wake up and I set my silent alarm in my jawbone up haha
    04-16-2015 06:11 PM
    My spouse works for Apple and ordered his at the 50% discount for employees at the company store. I ordered mine at the same, but paid full freight.
    04-16-2015 06:22 PM
    Supportive. She is excited for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    dianahk likes this.
    04-16-2015 07:07 PM
    Supportive? Yes. She got a Milanese Loop Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-16-2015 07:19 PM
    My wife does not understand my love of gadgets, but she is always supportive. However, she did not get up at 2:00 a.m. to attend the iMore Pajama Party or watch ordering. . . . I guess she has too much sense.
    04-16-2015 08:15 PM
    Wife was originally not supportive because of cost, then she became supportive because she knew I really wanted one, then she was unsupportive when I made my watch try on appointment, even more unsupportive when I made her one, then after the appointment, she bought one.
    Best flip flop story ever!

I really had no room to judge the purchase even if I wanted to...I just spent a ton of money on my Jeep for no other reason than fun, lol!
    Yeah I been there man try telling your wife not to order a $1000 dress after spending more than $2K on a new rMBP lol

Girlfriend and I both got up for 3am to order our own.

Last year with the iPhone 6 issue, she stayed up from 3am to 6am trying to get the order to work. I gave up at 3:15 or so, woke up at 6 for work and ordered it without issue. She wasn't impressed.
    See now this is what my dreams are made of

Another thread? GEEEZ!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    and yet you post in it smh

My spouse works for Apple and ordered his at the 50% discount for employees at the company store. I ordered mine at the same, but paid full freight.
    Couldn't he get you one for 50% off

Supportive. She is excited for me.
    Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Where do you guys get these women? shhh don't let my wife hear me say that

Supportive? Yes. She got a Milanese Loop Apple Watch.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife does not understand my love of gadgets, but she is always supportive. However, she did not get up at 2:00 a.m. to attend the iMore Pajama Party or watch ordering. . . . I guess she has too much sense.
    haha don't let your wife hear you say that you'll never win an argument again :P
    04-16-2015 09:00 PM
    My hubby has been buying gift cards for the apple watch for me for over a year. He helped wake me up at 3am. He rocks!
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-16-2015 09:36 PM
    My girlfriend is supportive of my techno-lust, but the price of the Apple Watch came with the price of a Pebble Time for her.

All's fair, I guess.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-16-2015 10:23 PM
    My hubby has been buying gift cards for the apple watch for me for over a year. He helped wake me up at 3am. He rocks!
    That is so awesome! Plus thanks for the great idea for buying the iPhone 7 next year. I'm gonna ask eveyrone I know to get me Apple giftcards.

My girlfriend is supportive of my techno-lust, but the price of the Apple Watch came with the price of a Pebble Time for her.

All's fair, I guess.
    I wouldn't complain on that one
    dianahk likes this.
    04-17-2015 10:33 AM
    Couldn't he get you one for 50% off
    Nah. 50% discount Apple Watches, one per employee, must be registered to employee. We did talk about his ordering mine, and my ordering his, since mine was more expensive, but we were worried about the delay in shipping, since mine was already in the Favorites queue, and his wasn't.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-17-2015 06:28 PM
    Nah. 50% discount Apple Watches, one per employee, must be registered to employee. We did talk about his ordering mine, and my ordering his, since mine was more expensive, but we were worried about the delay in shipping, since mine was already in the Favorites queue, and his wasn't.
    oh I didn't know there was a limit but it makes sense with limited quantities.
    04-17-2015 06:59 PM