I found out today that Instagram has been updated for the Watch. This is weird to me because the iPad has been out for 5 years now and still there isn't an iPad specific version of Instagram. It seems weird because more people are actually using their iPads to take pictures vs the watch. Yet there is a watch version of the app before an iPad specific version. I know I'm probably the only one who wants an iPad version of IG but I just think it's a shame with the bigger screen realestate. Since IG is all about picturs it's a great canvas to do some great stuff. The problem as I see it is that there is really no competiton for them yet. There certainly isn't any excuses since they got FB money and they certainly have talent.
    04-16-2015 01:25 PM
    I think Instagram was listed here.
    http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=324227

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-16-2015 01:44 PM
    I know it's on the Watch I'm just surprised since it's been 5 years and they havne't done anything to update for the iPad.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-16-2015 02:14 PM
    I just started using Intagram a couple of weeks ago, and I was shocked there was no iPad app. What are they waiting on, Christmas?
    04-16-2015 03:59 PM
    I just started using Intagram a couple of weeks ago, and I was shocked there was no iPad app. What are they waiting on, Christmas?
    Thank you it's been 5 years! that is why I was shocked they had an Watch version already. Perhaps it's easier to port? They have FB money come on slacking.
    04-16-2015 04:17 PM
    Looking at photos, specifically Instagram photos on my Apple Watch is something that I do not plan on doing Ever! I said don't know why Apple is still featuring the Instagram app for the Apple Watch
    04-17-2015 07:20 AM
    Looking at photos, specifically Instagram photos on my Apple Watch is something that I do not plan on doing Ever! I said don't know why Apple is still featuring the Instagram app for the Apple Watch
    Whatever browse refers to.
    Instagram updated for Watch-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429271116.566120.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-17-2015 07:45 AM
    The leave emoji comments is the part that has me puzzled. Is that because typing out comments on the watch version would be too cumbersome? I guess I'll have to wait and see until it's here.
    04-17-2015 09:01 AM
    I know it's on the Watch I'm just surprised since it's been 5 years and they havne't done anything to update for the iPad.
    Facebook owns these guys no? There's your answer.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-17-2015 11:36 AM
    Facebook owns these guys no? There's your answer.
    I figured that was a reason they would have more resources to do it. It's not like they are a startup with limited funds. They have the social juggernaut so resources and funds are endless. Like I said I think the lack of any real competitors right now is why they don't move fast to change things. There will come a new trend and a new social network eventually and they'll be left in the dust.
    04-17-2015 01:21 PM
    The leave emoji comments is the part that has me puzzled. Is that because typing out comments on the watch version would be too cumbersome? I guess I'll have to wait and see until it's here.
    Cumbersome to say the least. And hopefully they'll never have a feature for dictation to leave comments. I'm going to punch a lot of people in public if the watch starts allowing stuff like that.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-17-2015 02:45 PM
    Cumbersome to say the least. And hopefully they'll never have a feature for dictation to leave comments. I'm going to punch a lot of people in public if the watch starts allowing stuff like that.
    lol I'm almost sure you're going to see this should make for some nice damn you Siri excuses.
    04-17-2015 02:58 PM
    I figured that was a reason they would have more resources to do it. It's not like they are a startup with limited funds. They have the social juggernaut so resources and funds are endless. Like I said I think the lack of any real competitors right now is why they don't move fast to change things. There will come a new trend and a new social network eventually and they'll be left in the dust.
    Actually my point was that it took Facebook a very long time to come out with an iPad app despite being the top iPhone app since release. Several years ago I was in the same position that you are now with them, wondering when they were going to update with iPad support.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-17-2015 07:23 PM
    Actually my point was that it took Facebook a very long time to come out with an iPad app despite being the top iPhone app since release. Several years ago I was in the same position that you are now with them, wondering when they were going to update with iPad support.
    ok makes perfect sense yeah I remember when it took FB eons to support the iPad. Well I hope IG don't wait until another social app replaces them.
    04-17-2015 09:43 PM