Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not really. I placed my order at 3:16am on 4.10. Why would they open something up for preorder that they can't fulfill in a timely manner? This isn't their first product launch, they know people want their products. The fact that it's been 2 weeks since launch and I still don't have my watch is pretty crazy to me. I am glad that they aren't over-promising on the delivery windows, but I'm just struggling to understand how such a massive operation like Apple can't make enough watches to fulfill orders. The fact that I ordered it within minutes of the preorders opening makes it worse.

You stated the following:

"It would ease tensions if Apple would just release some info on why things are taking so long..."

I gave you a scenario with an explanation and then you stated "not really" in regard to easing your tensions. Apple has never released an Watch before. It's been exactly 2 weeks since orders first started arriving and people are acting as if it's been 2 months. People are checking their order status every other minute (I'm obviously exaggerating) and that's fueling the "tension". Yet, for a majority of people awaiting their package, their estimated shipping times have not yet passed. Apple is doing what it is suppose to be doing, but some customers are having difficulty waiting patiently, and blaming Apple for it.

Last edited:

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
You stated the following:

"It would ease tensions if Apple would just release some info on why things are taking so long..."

I gave you a scenario with an explanation and then you stated "not really" in regard to easing your tensions. Apple has never released an Watch before. It's been exactly 2 weeks since orders first started arriving and people are acting as if it's been 2 months. People are checking their order status every other minute (I'm obviously exaggerating) and that's fueling the "tension". Yet, for a majority of people awaiting their package, their estimated shipping times have not yet passed. Apple is doing what they are suppose to be doing, but some customers are having difficulty waiting patiently, and blaming Apple for it.

The the comments that people are/were about to cancel there orders because they're taking too long make no sense to me. It's like some weird empty threat.

But it's ok if someone is so frustrated they want to cancel. That will just get me one spot closer to getting my watch.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The the comments that people are/were about to cancel there orders because they're taking too long make no sense to me. It's like some weird empty threat.

But it's ok if someone is so frustrated they want to cancel. That will just get me one spot closer to getting my watch.

If enough people cancel in my queue, I'll get my watch earlier too!

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a 42mm stainless with black sport band on April 10th around 4:30am CST and got the 13 MAY through 27 MAY delivery window. No progress here at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 42mm stainless with black sport band on April 10th around 4:30am CST and got the 13 MAY through 27 MAY delivery window. No progress here at all.

Well, next week your Watch will more than likely be shipped as indicated. Have faith...;)

TheOneRico

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I ordered the same model and band (42 SS BSB) and got my confirmation email 2:05 hours after preorders went live. I actually could have ordered right on the dot (I live in Hawaii and so it was only 9pm for me), but I thought that there wasn't that much of a demand for the watches and so didn't interrupt my movie.

Was a stupid assumption on my part, and I got the May 13 - 27 delivery estimate. I've been checking this thread a couple of times a day and found it quite amusing at times, informative at others. Since I messed up by waiting to preorder I wasn't that upset, about my own watch not having arrived yet, though I definitely would have liked to get it earlier.

Well, 30 minutes ago I got a notification from Apple Pay that my card was charged! Still shows processing on the Order page, but I'm guessing that I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday.

That would put it at one to two days early! Wahoo! Awesome! 🎉😝

Yes, I like to think that the glass is still half full, rather than half empty. It makes life a lot more enjoyable and less to worry about.

My guess is that your watch will ship out soon, too.

jbaile07

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Quick question I'm actually watching the flight website. Looks like 4 flights have left for Louisville KY.. And 1 to take off soon.. There's also 2 flights that leave from China soon. So when do you think u are notified when the flights arrive to Kentucky or before hand?
When the shipment lands in the hub for final sort, the shipments are scanned. The devices that are allocated to individuals are systematically changed, and that's when second stage of processing begins. Charges happen and shipments begin to be processed. Once the individual device is picked and boxed, it is then given a tracking number and sent to the final departure hub. That is why you don't always see the same place as the origin of shipment.

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I can only wonder how long I'll be waiting. I ordered the 42 sg bsb at 11 am on the 4/11, a full 32 hours after they began taking preorders. (I stupidly wanted to try one on before ordering. ). With people waiting who pushed the "buy now" button only moments after the preorders began, it could be July or August before mine arrives. So far, it still says "June," unchanged from the moment I bought it in the Apple Store.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered a 42mm SG BSB at 10 am cst. Mine still just says June. The the hard part about the wait is not being informed on what's going on.

docd62

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
42MM Space Gray Black Band

Order Confirmation Email: 3:07AM on the 10th
Expected Delivery: May 13th - May 27th
Order Status: Shipped: Delivers on May 11, 2015

I find it funny that it's being shipped to me from Harrisburg, PA. I live in Louisville and it had to travel right through here to get to PA.

I'm in Louisville also mine went to Mt. Juliet Tennessee first. That's because after the arrive in Louisville they are sent to Apple distribution centers across the U.S. Then in a lot of cases right back to Louisville and sent out to UPS distribution centers to be loaded onto trucks to our houses and businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarran6

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Something weird has happened to my forum account and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I am posting this here as this is where I have been living the past few weeks.
My user name was mrt33cee and posted over 25 posts, as mentioned mostly in this thread.

I just received an email from imore telling my i had received points for an infraction for spamming, no idea what this was si i logged into this site to find my account had been permanently banned.

Anyone else shed light on this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods