Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

Jadeylou

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the people I know that have 42's all did it with the sport band. (which I ordered my sport band separately). So I regret not ordering 42 mm black sport band and then ordering my leather loop separate instead... I'd probably have it by now... Which is kinda dumb that it's done that way...

Yeah it's so stupid. There's so many people still waiting who shouldn't have to wait. I've seen a lot of people cancelling their orders and going for ones which are available instead

papezonejr

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it's so stupid. There's so many people still waiting who shouldn't have to wait. I've seen a lot of people cancelling their orders and going for ones which are available instead

Yeah, totally defeats the purpose of "pre-ordering" something. Most places, if they run out of supply to meet pre-orders, they stop taking pre-orders and you have to wait till launch. Not Apple though... People that pre-ordered are getting them after people who did not... I considered cancelling too, but I'm foolishly hoping that I get mine on the 13th, lol

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, totally defeats the purpose of "pre-ordering" something. Most places, if they run out of supply to meet pre-orders, they stop taking pre-orders and you have to wait till launch. Not Apple though... People that pre-ordered are getting them after people who did not... I considered cancelling too, but I'm foolishly hoping that I get mine on the 13th, lol

It's definitely a different category. I liken it to something like a newly announced motorcycle. Different ordering options available on different models of the same one, there's a lot of variables. Some get it sooner because the options they ordered are ready.
Just funny to me that I ordered the MOST POPULAR Apple Watch, and it's shipping out the least...

Suefnp

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine at 3am Az time April 10, and was given the May 13-27 date for my 42 mm SS with milanese loop. I'd rather have the blue leather loop, but was told I could swap out after it finally arrives. Anyone else getting a status other than "processing" for the last month?

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine at 3am Az time April 10, and was given the May 13-27 date for my 42 mm SS with milanese loop. I'd rather have the blue leather loop, but was told I could swap out after it finally arrives. Anyone else getting a status other than "processing" for the last month?

I pre-orders the same model, but at ~8:30 am EST. I have the same shipping/delivery quote as you and haven't received any updates from Apple. I went ahead and ordered a BSB band today to use while working out. I figured waiting longer for an accessory wonky hurt since I've already been (and will continue to) waiting for this long now.

hartill

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I can only wonder how long I'll be waiting. I ordered the 42 sg bsb at 11 am on the 4/11, a full 32 hours after they began taking preorders. (I stupidly wanted to try one on before ordering. ). With people waiting who pushed the "buy now" button only moments after the preorders began, it could be July or August before mine arrives. So far, it still says "June," unchanged from the moment I bought it in the Apple Store.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can only wonder how long I'll be waiting. I ordered the 42 sg bsb at 11 am on the 4/11, a full 32 hours after they began taking preorders. (I stupidly wanted to try one on before ordering. ). With people waiting who pushed the "buy now" button only moments after the preorders began, it could be July or August before mine arrives. So far, it still says "June," unchanged from the moment I bought it in the Apple Store.

Do you really think it'll ship one month later due to a 1 day difference?

Kybucs

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
42MM Space Gray Black Band

Order Confirmation Email: 3:07AM on the 10th
Expected Delivery: May 13th - May 27th
Order Status: Shipped: Delivers on May 11, 2015

I find it funny that it's being shipped to me from Harrisburg, PA. I live in Louisville and it had to travel right through here to get to PA.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
42MM Space Gray Black Band

Order Confirmation Email: 3:07AM on the 10th
Expected Delivery: May 13th - May 27th
Order Status: Shipped: Delivers on May 11, 2015

I find it funny that it's being shipped to me from Harrisburg, PA. I live in Louisville and it had to travel right through here to get to PA.

It looks like Apple is making early progress with your model, especially given the popularity of it.

GilofWinterfell

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Quick question I'm actually watching the flight website. Looks like 4 flights have left for Louisville KY.. And 1 to take off soon.. There's also 2 flights that leave from China soon. So when do you think u are notified when the flights arrive to Kentucky or before hand?

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Quick question I'm actually watching the flight website. Looks like 4 flights have left for Louisville KY.. And 1 to take off soon.. There's also 2 flights that leave from China soon. So when do you think u are notified when the flights arrive to Kentucky or before hand?

Some of these guys have been watching the site longer than I have, but I think you are notified pretty quickly after it arrives in Louisville. That's what happened with the band I ordered and my wife's SGBB 38mm watch which we've already received.

BMWandDQ

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

You will be notified shortly after the flight lands in Louisville. It seems people are notified within an hour of the flight landing.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm shocked that the white sport band I ordered hasn't even shipped. Isn't that like the default color? Wouldn't it take more effort to make the colored ones? haha.

It would ease tensions if Apple would just release some info on why things are taking so long. I don't remember any other product that I've preordered from them taking so long.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm shocked that the white sport band I ordered hasn't even shipped. Isn't that like the default color? Wouldn't it take more effort to make the colored ones? haha.

It would ease tensions if Apple would just release some info on why things are taking so long. I don't remember any other product that I've preordered from them taking so long.

If Apple sent you an email stating that due to the complexity of the Watch, it takes longer to manufacture than it does its other products, and that the delivery timeframe given to you when you ordered is accurate based on your specific model and band combination, would that ease tensions for you?

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
If Apple sent you an email stating that due to the complexity of the Watch, it takes longer to manufacture than it does its other products, and that the delivery timeframe given to you when you ordered is accurate based on your specific model and band combination, would that ease tensions for you?

Not really. I placed my order at 3:16am on 4.10. Why would they open something up for preorder that they can't fulfill in a timely manner? This isn't their first product launch, they know people want their products. The fact that it's been 2 weeks since launch and I still don't have my watch is pretty crazy to me. I am glad that they aren't over-promising on the delivery windows, but I'm just struggling to understand how such a massive operation like Apple can't make enough watches to fulfill orders. The fact that I ordered it within minutes of the preorders opening makes it worse.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not really. I placed my order at 3:16am on 4.10. Why would they open something up for preorder that they can't fulfill in a timely manner? This isn't their first product launch, they know people want their products. The fact that it's been 2 weeks since launch and I still don't have my watch is pretty crazy to me. I am glad that they aren't over-promising on the delivery windows, but I'm just struggling to understand how such a massive operation like Apple can't make enough watches to fulfill orders. The fact that I ordered it within minutes of the preorders opening makes it worse.

I understand where you're coming from. Maybe Apple didn't accurately predict which size and combinations people would pre-order, so now they're unfortunately playing catch up.

BMWandDQ

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from. Maybe Apple didn't accurately predict which size and combinations people would pre-order, so now they're unfortunately playing catch up.

That would make sense if there were some watches available now. The fact that all of the watches have a delayed ship date means that apple severely underestimated how many watches would be ordered. Or the taptic engine problem was far larger then we realized and occurred after the preorders started.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods