Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
Ordered 24/04 confirmed 13.33

Still processing dispatch june

This is honestly a major **** up by apple. Like most of yall in a mega die hard fan. Had every iphone have imac and apple tv.

This is the first time iv been dissapointed in the launch of a product. There is getting people excited and making people go nuts.

Is there a real bad issue with the model i ordered am nt sure iv seen any delivered

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Best estimate? That was the delivery date set by his/her own company. I don't remember reading anywhere in the e-mail confirmation that the shipping/delivery time was a "best estimate" of delivery based upon "enormous pre-order volume." A simple "We made a mistake and will do our best to resolve this for you" would have been sufficient.

The below screenshot depicts the bottom portion of the email I received from Apple in regard to my initial June shipping status.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431039015.867638.jpg

clareberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
What I've observed about this since my confirmation email 4/10/2015 at 2:10AM (42mm SS ML) is that most 42mm size of most bands were in shorter supply - hence the pushed back delivery times. Then it seems the metal bands became scarcer. Then news broke about the challenges with manufacture of the link bands and there was reference to the Milanese Loops taking more resources than they first planned. Clearly, they were overwhelmed. I do believe that they also are having problems with the specialty leather loop bands as they have limited sourcing with only one manufacturer.
As more 42mm are available then limited banding sources are really slowing them down.
BTW - I live in the upper Midwest and my order (listed above is being shipped from Rialto CA, not Louisville.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The below screenshot depicts the bottom portion of the email I received from Apple in regard to my initial June shipping status.

View attachment 81220

I stand corrected, I just noticed it after you pointed it out, all the way at the bottom. Nonetheless, they still missed their quoted delivery time and didn't offer anything more for compensation other than to keep waiting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I stand corrected, I just noticed it after you pointed it out, all the way at the bottom. Nonetheless, they still missed their quoted delivery time and didn't offer anything more for compensation other than to keep waiting.

Don't misunderstand me. In no way am I saying that the customer shouldn't be disappointed or even a little upset. I was questioning your statement of the response he got as being unprofessional.

According to the customer, the response he received via chat was: "I'm sorry you haven't received your order yet but Delivery Times for the Apple Watch are currently best estimates because of the enormous volume of pre-orders we have received. Your order will be filled and shipped in the order it was received once inventory becomes available."

As you can see, the response begins with an apology. The response then pointed out what is already stated at the bottom of the order confirmation email concerning estimate delivery times. Then the person went on to explain how orders are filled, i.e., in the order they are received. There have been numerous reports and even posts here at iMore stating that Apple is having trouble keeping up with demand for the Watch primarily due to issues with one of it suppliers. The end of the chat basically stated that they are awaiting supplies when it stated "once inventory becomes available". The only thing missing is a reason why, and he or she may not be privy to that information. The employee was professional, although not satisfying to the customer who's anxious to get the ordered Watch

Last edited:

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't misunderstand me. In no way am I says no that the customer shouldn't be disappointed or even a little upset. I was questioning your statement of the response he got as being unprofessional.

According to the customer, the response he relieved via chat was: "I'm sorry you haven't received your order yet but Delivery Times for the Apple Watch are currently best estimates because of the enormous volume of pre-orders we have received. Your order will be filled and shipped in the order it was received once inventory becomes available."

As you can see, the response begins with an apology. The response then pointed out what is already stated at the bottom of the order confirmation email concerning estimate delivery times. Then the person went on to explain how orders are filled, i.e., in the order they are received. There have been numerous reports and even posts here at iMore stating that Apple is having trouble keeping up with demand for the Watch primarily due to issues with one of it suppliers. The end of the chat basically stated that they are awaiting supplies when it stated "once inventory becomes available". The only thing missing is a reason why, and he or she may not be privy to that information. The employee was professional, although not satisfying to the customer who's anxious to get the ordered Watch

I agree and understand, I'm just wondering why Apple is dancing around everyone's assumption that they're experiencing issues.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20150507_233035.jpg
Still waiting for an update on mine ordered 4/26. Someone on macrumors had their 38mm SS WSB ordered on 4/25 shipped and they're in the U.S. Now I know I have the sport model but still this gives me hope! Praying I see movement after these flights land in Louisville!!
iMoreAppImg_20150507_233630.jpg

Trexter15

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
5 flights landing in Louisville beginning in about 10 minutes so hope someone/anyone gets some movement on a link bracelet or anyone for that matter :)

jeffwarnick

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 81234
Still waiting for an update on mine ordered 4/26. Someone on macrumors had their 38mm SS WSB ordered on 4/25 shipped and they're in the U.S. Now I know I have the sport model but still this gives me hope! Praying I see movement after these flights land in Louisville!!
View attachment 81235

I ordered the same watch as you for my wife on the 24th (38mm Sport WSB) and no movement yet.

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
5 flights landing in Louisville beginning in about 10 minutes so hope someone/anyone gets some movement on a link bracelet or anyone for that matter :)

I'm just hoping to receive my "less complicated to make" sport watch that I ordered at 3:18a on launch day. Crossing my fingers for both of us.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay well keep me updated and I'll do the same. Ours will probably ship together since they don't seem too backed up on these. Fingers crossed! Although I'm starting to worry I got my hopes up for nothing 😓

jeffwarnick

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay well keep me updated and I'll do the same. Ours will probably ship together since they don't seem too backed up on these. Fingers crossed! Although I'm starting to worry I got my hopes up for nothing ��

Just got charged for this watch! Still shows 'Processing' on Apple Store website. I'm hoping I get it tomorrow so I can give it to her for Mother's Day.

Edit: 11:13 PM - Just changed to 'Preparing For Shipment'.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2