Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

joeybals311

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I ordered at +2hrs SG BSB. Started out as back-ordered until June, then moved to 5/29-6/11 last week. Nothing since. Was hoping to see improvement once all the 5/8 orders filled, but not holding out much hope.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
As much as I want to blame Apple I don't think its their fault. They could of just shipped those units with the bad Haptic Engine and then we all get our watches and we will be so happy to have them, then 2 months down the road after we spent $999 to $1099 on our link watches we have to go to an Apple Store and have them fix it or replace it if they even have replacement units. So all I'm saying they made the right move to scrap those bad units and not ship them and that's why we have to wait. Trust me I don't like the wait myself, first Apple launch that I don't have the product on release day.

But still keeping positive that we get our links before June!

Do you think that the 42mm case models were the primary model affected, since the 38mm case models seem to ship faster?

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you think that the 42mm case models were the primary model affected, since the 38mm case models seem to ship faster?

No, I think whats going on is that they don't have enough Taptic Engines to go around, I think the 38MM outsold the 42MM so they're shipping as the orders came in by model. Probably why they have shipped faster. Just my opinion.

anon(799216)

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
For those still waiting for movement on their orders, here's my status update -

Ordered a 42mm SS with Milanese band on 4/10, received email confirmation at 10 minutes after pre-orders went live, delivery window of 4/24 - 5/8. Had seen absolutely no movement until FINALLY, this evening my credit card has a pending charge and my order is now Preparing to Ship. So much for the under promise and over deliver line, but with any luck I'll have my watch by Wednesday.

Probably completely unrelated, but I did have a chat with an Apple rep online this morning about my order. Didn't give me much info other than there were no "red flag" issues on my order and that until my shipping window passed there was nothing additional they could do for me.

TL:DR - If you ordered a 42mm SS watch, it is coming, but probably not until the later part of your shipping window.

Update Part 2 - After finally preparing for shipment yesterday evening, got the actual shipment email this morning at 9:45 with a delivery day of tomorrow the 6th. So good news, it appears that Apple is still using expedited shipping even though we're already a week and a half into the launch.

BMWandDQ

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the taptic engines are universal and I'm also sure the factories that produce the watches are tooled to produce both models. Having multiple models produced per factory would increase redundancy and allow for less chance of supply chain shortages. I also believe the 42mm watches out sold the 38mm, hence why the 38mm watches are more readily available. It is possible that when Apple originally guessed how many of each watch would be sold they didn't take into account the large number of people who were interested, and they were simply overwhelmed.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm so confused. I ordered mine at 3:16am EST on April 10th (space grey 42mm). People are starting to get theirs already who ordered it far after me.

It says shipping is May 13-27th but I know people are getting theirs earlier.

Just a bummer to have to wait for something I preordered at the appropriate time.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm so confused. I ordered mine at 3:16am EST on April 10th (space grey 42mm). People are starting to get theirs already who ordered it far after me.

Just a bummer to have to wait for something I preordered at the appropriate time.

Do you know a few people in your region that ordered the save model as you, after you did, and received it before you?

Rattso2005

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

We are in the same boat. My order confirmation hit my inbox at 10 after 3AM ET and my shipping window is the same as yours. Same exact watch. No movement.

Stefanojo

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks. My status just changed to "Preparing for Shipment". Yippy, it's coming early! For those who have their watches, how long from the status change to delivery?

For those interested, it's 38 mm space grey. Ordered at 12:34 AM on 4/10, with a delivery of 5/13-5/27. I'm in Oakland, CA

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Well, finally received a shipment tracking number for my wife's 38 SGS watch that was ordered at 3:20a on 4/10. Will be here tomorrow. My order for the 42 SGS watch ordered at 3:18a is still in process. Hoping to see that change very soon. Fingers crossed. Really wanting to graduate out of this forum and into the "show us your watch" forum.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks. My status just changed to "Preparing for Shipment". Yippy, it's coming early! For those who have their watches, how long from the status change to delivery?

For those interested, it's 38 mm space grey. Ordered at 12:34 AM on 4/10, with a delivery of 5/13-5/27. I'm in Oakland, CA
You should have it in no more than 2 days. Probably 1 as apple is using expedited shipping.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
We are in the same boat. My order confirmation hit my inbox at 10 after 3AM ET and my shipping window is the same as yours. Same exact watch. No movement.

It seems that the 38mm SGS is shipping but the 42mm isn't. I just don't understand how Apple wasn't prepared for this. I know about the taptic engine issue, but this is ridiculous.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you know a few people in your region that ordered the save model as you, after you did, and received it before you?

No not in my region, but I've heard/seen others say that they placed their order like the next day, had a farther out shipping window, but have already got it.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
The sad/funny thing about this is I ordered 2. I ordered the SGS 42mm for myself and a green sport to place on eBay. I sold the green sport on eBay ($175 profit) and it shipped to me on the 24th. So I literally had the apple watch in my hand and just put the new label on it and shipped it to the buyer.

All of this is total first world problems. We should be thankful that we live in a time/season where this is something we can complain about. With that said, I WANT MY WATCH NOW!

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Our 42mm Apple Watch Stainless Steel w/Black Sport Band just arrived. Apple shipped Next Day Air, so they're clearly rushing these out as quickly as they can. It was originally scheduled for delivery May 13-27. Sacramento, CA

mikemi

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Took 4 hrs today from receiving my credit card charged alert to receiving an email from Apple with tracking number. So you should be getting your shipping notice soon.

mikemi

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Took 4 hrs today from receiving my credit card charged alert to receiving an email from Apple with tracking number. So you should be getting your shipping notice soon.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Our 42mm Apple Watch Stainless Steel w/Black Sport Band just arrived. Apple shipped Next Day Air, so they're clearly rushing these out as quickly as they can. It was originally scheduled for delivery May 13-27. Sacramento, CA

When did you put your order in? I ordered the same watch and have the same delivery window, May 13-27, as you but I might have placed the order later than you.on 4/10. I called apple a few days ago and they advised me that the shipments would be expedited.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If the 3 am/4-10 pre-orders are just now being fulfilled for the 42mm SS with Milanese loop, I guess I still have some waiting to do. Mine wasn't placed until ~8:30 am.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox