Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

papezonejr

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Same seems to be true for the leather loop, haven't seen any unboxing videos of this or anybody posting about it. Everybody seems to be getting their sport bands and ML before their expected delivery date, some who even ordered days after 4/10, but no movement on mine whatsoever....

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I chalk it up as Apple didnt make any, and if the tapic engine issue is true, it pushed it even further behind.

Well, it does take them 9 hours to make just ONE Link Bracelet. But it is entirely ridiculous that they have not shipped a single one yet. I had my confirmation email in my inbox at XX:02. I should be one of the first people to know when it ships. I will definitely keep you guys updated.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on April 27th and it shows shipping in June. No date, just June. I am getting more and more frustrated with Apple. I guess it will get here when it gets here.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Apple Watch SS and SBSS link bracelets, its not the matter of speeding up
the process, its more so of Apple withholding information as to why not one of
these watches have shipped. I bet a lot of people who have ordered this model watch (or
any model for that fact) would be a lot more relieved and patient if Apple offer more than an answer
of "its in high demand". It was pretty much a bait in switch, people ordered (within 5 minutes
of preorder opening) automatically greetedt 4-6 week, June, and July time. That means nothing
was produced to meet demand and in my opinion 4/10 was just a ploy for Apple to see who will order what but at the expense of hefty delays to the customer.

I agree that "some" people would be relieved, but others would still be ticked and nothing short of getting an Watch within the hour would be sufficient......Still, when Watch orders were taken, customers immediately received an estimated shipping timeframe or at least the month in which the device would ship. Right? At that time, the customers had the option to cancel the order. It had been reported beforehand that Apple would not have Watches available for sale in their retail stores for quite some time. I do not recall seeing a specific date when the Watch would be available to sell in their retail stores nationwide/worldwide. With that in mind, the perceived fastest way to get one would be to order it. Demanding that Apple explain themselves, in my opinion, is ridiculous unless your (not referring to you personally) shipping timeframe has passed.

Last edited:

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
well still waiting for my watch (space grey sport) I still cannot believe I ordered it at 3:05am est April 10th and it has a ship date of May 13 - 27th

Last edited:

dolores407c1

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a theory to float....the reason why Apple is not delivering the Link watches (and many of the 42mm watches in general) is that the taptic engine is designed specifically for a specific size watch (my theory not fact). With one manufacturer out, they were producing the 42mm size and the other one still going was producing the one for the 38mm (again, my theory not fact). How is this related to the link bands? Because of the labor involved, Apple held off on making the link bands until they had an idea of the volume needed...during this time the defective taptic engine was discovered. Results are they may still be making the link bands, but there are no watches to put them on. Now the single factory is adjusting their assemble to produce both sizes and the tooling is taking time (again, my theory not fact)? Any takers on this theory?

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a theory to float....the reason why Apple is not delivering the Link watches (and many of the 42mm watches in general) is that the taptic engine is designed specifically for a specific size watch (my theory not fact). With one manufacturer out, they were producing the 42mm size and the other one still going was producing the one for the 38mm (again, my theory not fact). How is this related to the link bands? Because of the labor involved, Apple held off on making the link bands until they had an idea of the volume needed...during this time the defective taptic engine was discovered. Results are they may still be making the link bands, but there are no watches to put them on. Now the single factory is adjusting their assemble to produce both sizes and the tooling is taking time (again, my theory not fact)? Any takers on this theory?

I think that's a damn good theory. Makes perfect sense to me as to why size is a factor with one of the factories gone.

rafclown

May 4, 2015
Visit site
hey guys. Now my order says Dispatched: June. If this changes to specific dates will I get an email from Apple or I have to check every now and then my order status?

I am anxious about my order :p ( I ordered a SG 42mm Sport on 26/04)

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if all the SS links and SBSS ship together. I said before that I bet none were ever built and also think that not a lot of orders were taken for these two models.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. Now my order says Dispatched: June. If this changes to specific dates will I get an email from Apple or I have to check every now and then my order status?

You will be waiting for a while.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You will indeed get an email, a text message and an Apple Store alert when your order is preparing to ship.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that the Link bracelets take 9 hours to make, so that at least partially explains the lack of any of them shipping. To see literally none being shipped is a bit odd, though.

My sport watch was dispached to UKMAIL on Friday & they have an ETA delivery of the 25th May, for some reason..

AppleWatchMIA

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Demanding that Apple explain themselves, in my opinion, is ridiculous unless your (not referring to you personally) shipping timeframe has passed.

When I completed my order 2:02AM CST, I had date of 4/24-5/8 but when I got confirmation three minute later at 2:05AM CST my date was shifted to 'June' with no delivery date. So would I cancel my order? No its a moot point to do so (might as keep it right). I don't think its a band issue its the watch unit itself. Loop, Mordern Buckle, and SS Link has not budged. So to reference PKIMBALL theory, if tapic engine is the case (which apple denies), No i don't think its ridiculous (not referring to your personally) for customers to demand an answer. I think basically all the frustration comes from April statements from Apple, "4/10 preorder", "4/24 launch/available (which was pulled from the Apple.com site"), "Apple watch available early April per Tim Cook". So customers think April April April only to be dissatisfied when getting confirmation May-June deliveries and with no date/time frame. And besides when your one of the first people to order, and no one got a straight 4/24 date but rather a range of 4/24-5/8, that was a sign that Apple was already in trouble.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have with the factory down theory adding to the wait is would Apple use one factory to make 38mm and another to make 42mm? Sure that would be seriously shortsighted of Apple for the very reason you have described, if something were to happen to a factory, fire, flood earthquake... It hits a particular model. i would have thought each manufacturing plant would be manufacturing both models, admittedly though it would still have some impact.

Whatever the reason it will be interesting if we find out exactly what has gone wrong.

I'm willing to bet that both 38MM and 42MM taptic engines are the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh