Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My Status changed to preparing for shipment and card has been charged! Original shipping dates: May 13-27 (4-6 weeks).

Ordered the 42 mm sports Space Grey @ 2:09am CST.

:D!!

Finally! An order for the same type watch I ordered at 00.09AM changing status. Gives me hope mine will be on its way soon.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly, my Watch should arrive between 1:30 and 5:30. Hopefully, it'll arrive before my youngest child gets out of school. I'd like some time to sole focus on learning the device without any distractions.

AppleWatchMIA

May 1, 2015
Visit site
It seems the 42MM Apple Watch SS and SBSS Link Bracelets are non existent.
Not one has shipped yet. I'm guessing when those watches do ship, watches
will go all out at the same time in one big bulk to owners. The question is when,
but I'm guesstimating between 5/13-5/27. Seeing thats the date "very few" received.
And those that have a June delivery will get them in that May range as well (ordered mine 2:05CST).
Of course my wife received hers (38MM SS Milanese) on launch day.

Last edited:

midnighte13

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
42mm Sport Space Grey. Order confirmed at 3:06am EST on 4/10. Card pre-authed and dropped off a week ago. Friend order 2 Silver models (blue and white bands) 14 hours after me (had June estimates) and has them already. I'm still on the 5/13 to 5/27 window. Needless to say, I'm getting a little impatient now.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine was dispatched Friday in UK, being delivered my UKMail, unlike Royal Mail or Parcel Force they don't work weekends and as today Monday is a bank holiday it will not head up north to Scotland till Tuesday then delivery Wednesday, its so frustrating that it is taking 5-6 to deliver, I have my invoice but no watch. Jim

papezonejr

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Ah! Lucky! I ordered mine at 3:10 am EST on April 10th, 42 mm stainless steel with leather loop band, no movement at all. I also ordered a sport band set to be delivered April 29 to May 12th, no movement on that either.... at least some people are seeing progress. Go Sox!

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems the 42MM Apple Watch SS and SBSS Link Bracelets are non existent.
Not one has shipped yet. I'm guessing when those watches do ship, watches
will go all out at the same time in one big bulk to owners. The question is when,
but I'm guesstimating between 5/13-5/27. Seeing thats the date "very few" received.
And those that have a June delivery will get them in that May range as well (ordered mine 2:05CST).
Of course my wife received hers (38MM SS Milanese) on launch day.

I'm patiently waiting for my 42MM Space Black link  Watch and by patiently I mean I'm not lol so hopefully you're right this is killing me. I ordered at :05 EDT

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Man I'm starting to get discouraged. I dont know why but I was thinking there would be fast movement on my 38mm white sport based on what other people were saying. But now I haven't seen people posting about my model anymore. I don't know if it's a good thing due to the fact they're shipping fast and people don't take to the forums..or if it's slow moving and people are just not posting....I'm losing my mind. iMoreAppImg_20150504_113246.jpg

swgdan

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
My wifes 38 SS ML has changed to Preparing for Shipment with the card charged. Order was placed on 4/14 at 1:10 pm eastern. Expected delivery was 5/20 - 5/28. USA/Atlanta.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My wifes 38 SS ML has changed to Preparing for Shipment with the card charged. Order was placed on 4/14 at 1:10 pm eastern. Expected delivery was 5/20 - 5/28. USA/Atlanta.

I guess the 42mm SS with Milanese are constrained, because I ordered on 4/10 and haven't received an update yet.

pkimbell

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a theory to float....the reason why Apple is not delivering the Link watches (and many of the 42mm watches in general) is that the taptic engine is designed specifically for a specific size watch (my theory not fact). With one manufacturer out, they were producing the 42mm size and the other one still going was producing the one for the 38mm (again, my theory not fact). How is this related to the link bands? Because of the labor involved, Apple held off on making the link bands until they had an idea of the volume needed...during this time the defective taptic engine was discovered. Results are they may still be making the link bands, but there are no watches to put them on. Now the single factory is adjusting their assemble to produce both sizes and the tooling is taking time (again, my theory not fact)? Any takers on this theory?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm starting to get discouraged. I dont know why but I was thinking there would be fast movement on my 38mm white sport based on what other people were saying. But now I haven't seen people posting about my model anymore. I don't know if it's a good thing due to the fact they're shipping fast and people don't take to the forums..or if it's slow moving and people are just not posting....I'm losing my mind. View attachment 81096

Don't be down in the dumps; I'm sure you'll see some movement sooner rather than later. :smile:

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't mean to complain or anything, but I have yet to see one Link Bracelet in the publics hands (Out side of developer and review test units). Apple led us to believe that all these available bracelets and watch combinations would be available yet we haven't seen a single one.

AppleWatchMIA

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a theory to float....the reason why Apple is not delivering the Link watches (and many of the 42mm watches in general) is that the taptic engine is designed specifically for a specific size watch (my theory not fact). With one manufacturer out, they were producing the 42mm size and the other one still going was producing the one for the 38mm (again, my theory not fact). How is this related to the link bands? Because of the labor involved, Apple held off on making the link bands until they had an idea of the volume needed...during this time the defective taptic engine was discovered. Results are they may still be making the link bands, but there are no watches to put them on. Now the single factory is adjusting their assemble to produce both sizes and the tooling is taking time (again, my theory not fact)? Any takers on this theory?

Per Apple (when asked about tapic engine and if no Apple Link Bracelet Watches was produced all?):

"We have experienced very strong demand. Again there are no flaws (tapic engine), and no specific reason that is offered as to why it hasn’t shipped yet. The only thing we would be able to do is to keep track of your order and order status."

Apple is full of it.....5/10 will be 30 days since preorder. They refused to answer the question if not design flaws, bands are produced, an watches are produced, whats the hold up? Their response is
keep and eye and refresh the page. So lame, it is futile to contact Apple customer support. If it is the tapic engine or the labor on the link watch, Apple is denying it, lol. Tired of looking at $1300.00 in my account, this has got to be the only company that doesnt want the money as fast as possible. And the bad thing, it doesnt seem like a whole bunch of orders was the link bracelets. I would say probably under a 1000 SS watches. You don't see any unboxing videos, its only 3 or 4 of us posting about the SS link watches. I chalk it up as Apple didnt make any, and if the tapic engine issue is true, it pushed it even further behind.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Per Apple (when asked about tapic engine and if no Apple Link Bracelet Watches was produced all?):

"We have experienced very strong demand. Again there are no flaws (tapic engine), and no specific reason that is offered as to why it hasn?t shipped yet. The only thing we would be able to do is to keep track of your order and order status."

Apple is full of it.....5/10 will be 30 days since preorder. They refused to answer the question if not design flaws, bands are produced, an watches are produced, whats the hold up? Their response is
keep and eye and refresh the page. So lame, it is futile to contact Apple customer support. If it is the tapic engine or the labor on the link watch, Apple is denying it, lol. Tired of looking at $1300.00 in my account, this has got to be the only company that doesnt want the money as fast as possible. And the bad thing, it doesnt seem like a whole bunch of orders was the link bracelets. I would say probably under a 1000 SS watches. You don't see any unboxing videos, its only 3 or 4 of us posting about the SS link watches. I chalk it up as Apple didnt make any, and if the tapic engine issue is true, it pushed it even further behind.

Okay, so what do you think Apple should do in order to speed the process of getting people their ordered Watches?

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Your theory is quite possible.

AppleWatchMIA

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so what do you think Apple should do in order to speed the process of getting people their ordered Watches?

Regarding the Apple Watch SS and SBSS link bracelets, its not the matter of speeding up
the process, its more so of Apple withholding information as to why not one of
these watches have shipped. I bet a lot of people who have ordered this model watch (or
any model for that fact) would be a lot more relieved and patient if Apple offer more than an answer
of "its in high demand". It was pretty much a bait in switch, people ordered within 5 minutes
of preorder opening was automatically greeted with a 4-6 week, June, and July time frame. That means nothing
was produced to meet demand and in my opinion 4/10 was just a ploy for Apple to see who will order what but at the expense of hefty delays to the customer.