Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch Order status update - Check In

People need to relax. Is just a watch (I know is an watch, but still). You will get your watches. Apple never promised you will get your watch on the 24th.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site

"Launches" and "delivers" are entirely two different things. If Apple guaranteed delivery on the 24th, then I'd see your point, but they didn't.

Yes it is. Never said I expected it to be in my hands on the 24th, but an update would be appreciated especially when others who ordered much later will have theirs tomorrow.

Honestly, I don't think that's unrealistic or to too much to ask, especially considering if you made the effort to order that early clearly you like Apple products and the brand.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

If you received a notice indicating that your Watch would indeed be delivered on April 24th, and it ended up being delivered around 8 PM, would you be ticked because you had to wait all day for it or would you be satisfied that it was delivered on the first day of its release?

Completely satisfied. Anxious but satisfied that it was indeed arriving.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yes it is. Never said I expected it to be in my hands on the 24th, but an update would be appreciated especially when others who ordered much later will have theirs tomorrow.

Honestly, I don't think that's unrealistic or to too much to ask, especially considering if you made the effort to order that early clearly you like Apple products and the brand.

Technically, they already did. They said you would get yours between 4-24/5-8, correct?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple Watch Order status update - Check In

How is this unrealistic expectations? Apple said the watch launches in the 24th, no? I'm with the others who are frustrated considering I was up at 3 to order. Now I see others who clearly ordered much later then me getting their devices tomorrow. I have no doubt some of these will end up on eBay for a healthy profit meanwhile some loyal apple fans are in the dark.

Personally, I think this was a sloppy "launch" (if you can call it that) by apple. They've set the bar for precision and making sure details are refined and polished... Leaving people who made an effort to buy first in the dark while others get their order doesn't seem like a polished launch to me.

Getting up and ordering at 3 A.M. EST was not a "guarantee" that you would you be among the first to receive an Watch. Ordering early only gave you an opportunity to be among the first. Also, someone who ordered after you did, but opted to order a version of the Watch that was in less demand than the one you ordered does make sense for them to possibly receive theirs before you receive yours. Apple's launch of the Watch is just that, a launch. Some people will get it on launch day and the rest won't.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site

Technically, they already did. They said you would get yours between 4-24/5-8, correct?

Sure....Think folks understand what I'm saying but want to keep this going.

Next time you are at a Resturant see how you feel when folks who came in a lot later then you get their meal a lot faster then you, and you don't get any info/update from the server other then "it's coming".

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm in Los Angeles I ordered mine at 12:03 AM I got the black stainless steel 42 mm version with black sport band and I got the email last night but so far I haven't been charged and I'm still at processing

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Not trying to be mean but if you had your order done within a few minutes and had a 4/24 ship date, won't you be disappointed?

There was never a guaranteed ship date of 4/24. It was 4/24 - 5/8. Customer services is about setting realistic expectations and Apple never said it would definitely arrive on 4/24. They gave a range and we all hoped and wished that it would be 4/24 and not 5/8. So if someone's phone arrives next week or even the week after, they are still sticking to their original expectations.

chanomex

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

My Apple watch just shipped from Rialto ca ....pretty sure you'll get it tomorrow since you are close to the warehouse

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

How 'bout this one...I'm in NJ. UPS tracking info said it was in Harrisurg,PA at 1:50 AM today...then it got to Lawnside,NJ about 5:00 PM. Latest info shows an arrival scan at 6:02 PM in.........Philadelphia,PA! lol ...from PA to NJ back to PA.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

How 'bout this one...I'm in NJ. UPS tracking info said it was in Harrisurg,PA at 1:50 AM today...then it got to Lawnside,NJ about 5:00 PM. Latest info shows an arrival scan at 6:02 PM in.........Philadelphia,PA! lol ...from PA to NJ back to PA.

Happens more then you know

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I'd be following the order status page and take what it says as the best available information... and live with it.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get in before the June window? To spend enough time on an Apple-centric site to be a moderator indicates a great interest in the company and their products and given that you had the money to order it, then I would've expected you to get in on the first round.

Nobody had a 4/24 ship date. Everyone was given a range of 4/24 - 5/8. So it's not late yet. I'd still love to have it tomorrow, but I'll be ok without it until Apple gets it to me.

You'll get it! I know you will! And if you don't, you can drive down and play with mine! :)

Pete Heemskerk

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I tried it on at the store but of course you're in an uncomfortable situation and can't get the full experience. At home it's Awesome. Don't know about battery at the moment as I'm still setting it up. It feels great. All I can say is you're gonna love it

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711