Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch Order status follow-up

Let me recap some. It was widely put out that Apple had ordered 5-6 million watches. Then we learn that they could only produce 1.5-2 million for the "launch" and with this in mind I stayed up til 2am to place my order. Why? So I could get a watch on April 24! I ordered in Texas the 42mm SS Milanese and thought I had succeeded with a delivery date of 4/24-5/8. But now it's the 22nd and I'm still at just Processing! No more games will I play with Apple by staying up late. If Apple would just be honest with us I would be happy! Now we learn that watches are being made from orders to keep inventory down. And worse yet, preorders 2 for Italy and others will start on May 8! Come on Apple, really? How about filling the orders you already have! So disappointed in Tim Cook and Company. And while they think they are smart to give gold watches to select "privileged" few, these folks are no more important than the average person who just wants to be treated equally!

So doing a little bit of math I see that 1.5-2 million is about 1/4-1/3 of the watches ordered. If I recall there are 4 batches: 4/24-5/8, 5/8-5/17 (or something), 4-6 weeks, and June, meaning they filled exactly what they said. If they're overnighting them then technically, depending on your location, they don't have to update until tomorrow to get it to you Friday. Then announcing they will take orders in other countries means nothing. They could take orders that day and say they'll ship in August. Lastly, and this is most important, they haven't missed their ship times for any of the days they said. You're in the 4/24-5/8 group so you'll get it before the 8th. As for the "privileged people" they sent them to them as an advertising ploy. Marketing at its finest. Get people who are popular the watch and tell them to wear it everywhere. It's not about being fair or unfair it's about money. They want us to have the watches probably more than we want them because to them, it's their livelihood. You'll get yours Friday, if you don't I'll eat my words but I believe you, and I, will. FYI I haven't received any notification nor have I been charged and I ordered a SG Sport 42mm here in GA. I'm not freaking out but I am refreshing and checking because I'm excited. I'm not mad at anyone. If I don't have mine on the 8th, then I'll be mad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfattizzi

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

At this point I am not confident I will gets watch on the 24th. I'm expecting to see my order update with a later date soon. Sucks

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

How did you check that? Post the steps please!?
You have to go to UPS.com and then sign up for UPS MyChoice. I get a LOT of deliveries since I live in the boonies and most of the stuff I need isn't available, so I've had this for a long time. You also get update emails from UPS. The best part to me is the 4-hour range of delivery time so I don't have to wait around all day if I need to sign for a package.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Let me recap some. It was widely put out that Apple had ordered 5-6 million watches. Then we learn that they could only produce 1.5-2 million for the "launch" and with this in mind I stayed up til 2am to place my order. Why? So I could get a watch on April 24! I ordered in Texas the 42mm SS Milanese and thought I had succeeded with a delivery date of 4/24-5/8. But now it's the 22nd and I'm still at just Processing! No more games will I play with Apple by staying up late. If Apple would just be honest with us I would be happy! Now we learn that watches are being made from orders to keep inventory down. And worse yet, preorders 2 for Italy and others will start on May 8! Come on Apple, really? How about filling the orders you already have! So disappointed in Tim Cook and Company. And while they think they are smart to give gold watches to select "privileged" few, these folks are no more important than the average person who just wants to be treated equally!

Let me recap your recap. Someone said Apple had 5 million watches (but Apple wasn't that someone). Then we learned they can only produce 1.5 to 2 million (but the educator who taught us this wasn't Apple).

How dare they start pre-orders in another country without filling orders in this one?! (It's called planning). And those jerks gave a gold watch (that you didn't purchase, so how does this affect you) to the priveleged few (taste makers, well known in fashion/pop culture).

I bet you're on the way to the Acura dealership now to get your deposit back for the new NSX you saw in the Avengers movie a few years ago. That damn Tony Stark, so privileged.

We're all waiting. If you wanted one of the 5 million announced watches, or 1.5 to 2 million announced watches, purchase it from the company that told you that was the case. Oh, they aren't selling apple watches? Looks like you have to buy from Apple, who didn't say anything other than, "Here's a device, you have to buy it online, here's your shipping date, you'll probably get it by then."

KylexKenneth

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

You have to go to UPS.com and then sign up for UPS MyChoice. I get a LOT of deliveries since I live in the boonies and most of the stuff I need isn't available, so I've had this for a long time. You also get update emails from UPS. The best part to me is the 4-hour range of delivery time so I don't have to wait around all day if I need to sign for a package.

Okay so how do you track your item if you dont have a tracking number??

KylexKenneth

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

How do you track by reference? Yeah you put in your phone number but what do you put for the shipment date range??

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

my 42mm space grey aluminum watch has been preparing for shipment for a few days now.

Live in Alberta, Canada.

zsmithwx

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

It seems like the east coast is last to get charged and shipped. Anyone else on the east coast not get updates. I'm in Ohio.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

It seems like the east coast is last to get charged and shipped. Anyone else on the east coast not get updates. I'm in Ohio.

My guess is that since the bulk shipments of watches from the China factory came into the UPS hub in TN, most likely. The shipping times will be shorter in the east rather than the longer shipping times required out here in the west. Again just a guess. I've been wrong before, lol.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I live in Raleigh, NC. My card was charged and my status was updated the day before yesterday. However, I still have not received a shipping notice.

zsmithwx

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

My guess is that since the bulk shipments of watches from the China factory came into the UPS hub in TN, most likely. The shipping times will be shorter in the east rather than the longer shipping times required out here in the west. Again just a guess. I've been wrong before, lol.

That would make sense. It does look like there using next day shipping.

KylexKenneth

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I was charged Monday and and as off yesterday my order is preparing to ship! I live in Ohio. Ordered the 42mm SS white SB

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner