Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch Order status follow-up

Hi Suggs, no disrespect indented, but Apple did not set the expectation to the specific date of 4/24. Everyone in the first wave (myself included) has a range of 4/24-5/8.

Sure, this is different from Apple's usually way of ordering, but the fact that they gave a range of dates this time means they specifically set the expectation to not be one specific date.

That being said, I took Friday off and I'm still checking my bank every few hours; but I'm hopeful, not angry :)

So Ill just speak for myself. If I wake up at 3am in the east (actually 2:45) to order a product so that I will have it on launch day- I really expect to have it on launch day- Apple has previously set this expectation for past launches. I understand being bummed and disappointed- Would I be angry- probably not but I am a firm believer in not telling people how to feel... Again just my opinion

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Well, my charging cable shipped last night and FedEx says it will deliver today. So obviously they are shipping from very close so still plenty of time for my watch to ship for Friday.

Now that is what I call a positive attitude. :gold-star:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

So Ill just speak for myself. If I wake up at 3am in the east (actually 2:45) to order a product so that I will have it on launch day- I really expect to have it on launch day- Apple has previously set this expectation for past launches. I understand being bummed and disappointed- Would I be angry- probably not but I am a firm believer in not telling people how to feel... Again just my opinion

Nicely put, Sir. . . . Very nicely put.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Congratulations! You'll have your Apple Watch in no time. . . . Get it, time? :laughing:

golfgal

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Well, I, too, was up on April 10th at 2:45 A.M., awaiting the Apple online store to go live. That didn't happen until around 3:10 or later, and so I was already behind the 8-ball. When I put my 38mm SS with Milanese loop in my cart, it said it would deliver April 24-May 8. When I got my order confirmation email at 3:19, it said it would deliver May 13-27. Sigh. I also ordered a small black sports band, and that has a delivery date of April 29-May 8. Both are still in the "processing" status. Just an overall disappointing ordering experience. Should have used the app to order. Live and learn! I am hoping that the watch will deliver earlier than promised.

Ed Traywick

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

I think a lot of the emotion around this launch is that Apple is not having products available in stores on launch day. I usually do NOT pre-order new products, especially new categories, because I enjoy the line and community. It's a social experience and I enjoy hanging with the tribe. But, this pre-order situation feels like the opposite, I got my confirmation at 03:03 am and will probably not get the watch until well after that early 4/24 date. This feels more like I'm just a cog in the retail wheel, and although that has really always been the case, it never felt like it.

I assume they deviated from the launch day experience because of the complexity of selling bands, of which there are many, with one of the 12 watches (really only eight for those of us in the lower 99%). I'm not sure why they didn't simply have a standard band with each watch, and then allow for additional bands as desired. I'm sure many of us will buy a second band or already have. It seems to me that most of us got the black sport band and either aluminum or stainless steel.

I'm sure we'll all love the watch, but I can't help but feel that the way this release is playing will tarnish some of the fanaticism around Apple, at least it's having that effect on me.

That being said, if I get my watch on Friday, all most of this will be forgiven :)

AMGBenz1

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

I used the  Store App and paid with  Pay @ 12:03 EST 42mm SG. Still stuck in "Processing Land" UGH!!!

pack3rback3r

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

Mine just changed to "preparing for shipment." 38mm SS BSB... Woot! All those that ordered BSB...its rolling now!

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site

I prefer to choose my band now, because I don't plan on buying another for a long while, and I really love the white. I think this was just a more complex ordering situation than the phones or iPads, so it really does make sense to be online at first. How would you stock up for the lines, when many people have very different tastes. Just playing devil's advocate. I hate lines personally. 😜

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

My order processed at 3:05, and still no word yet. It's 4/24-5/8, and I'm fine with it up until 5/2, but mainly because I'm doing a competitive run on 5/3 and want it for the race. If it's not here by then? Oh well, I've raced without it before. It would just be nice to have it.

gadgetman#CB

Oct 9, 2008
Visit site

Haha! same here, I'm running in a race this Sunday and am totally hoping to use my new watch! But like you said, I've run every prior race without it.

Historian31

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

Let me recap some. It was widely put out that Apple had ordered 5-6 million watches. Then we learn that they could only produce 1.5-2 million for the "launch" and with this in mind I stayed up til 2am to place my order. Why? So I could get a watch on April 24! I ordered in Texas the 42mm SS Milanese and thought I had succeeded with a delivery date of 4/24-5/8. But now it's the 22nd and I'm still at just Processing! No more games will I play with Apple by staying up late. If Apple would just be honest with us I would be happy! Now we learn that watches are being made from orders to keep inventory down. And worse yet, preorders 2 for Italy and others will start on May 8! Come on Apple, really? How about filling the orders you already have! So disappointed in Tim Cook and Company. And while they think they are smart to give gold watches to select "privileged" few, these folks are no more important than the average person who just wants to be treated equally!

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

I'm in NW Arkansas. My status still says Preparing to Ship, but MyUPS shows a delivery from Apple scheduled for Friday between 11:30 and 3:30. I'm sure that my status from Apple will change to Shipped later today or early tomorrow morning. 38mm Sport with white band.

KylexKenneth

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm in NW Arkansas. My status still says Preparing to Ship, but MyUPS shows a delivery from Apple scheduled for Friday between 11:30 and 3:30. I'm sure that my status from Apple will change to Shipped later today or early tomorrow morning. 38mm Sport with white band.

How did you check that? Post the steps please!?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro