Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch Order status follow-up

I'm hoping that since my extra cable came from PA, my watch would do the same. The cable shipped via UPS ground and it only takes 2 days to get here. So if I don't get a charge today or notification that it shipped tomorrow, I'll be SOL on a Friday delivery.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I am from Toronto and status changed yesterday....
I officially am jealous of you sir lol

From a chat with an apple employee, it appears they are processing orders by model and by location - which is why those of us with a SS/black sport and space gray sport all seem to still be waiting (for the most part). How true that is, I cannot be certain, but figured I'd share what i heard.

Edit - I am in NJ and waiting for a status update on my SS/black sport. Order placed 3:02 EST
Thanks for the info whether completely true or not it's something

I think it is their fault. If two people place an order at the same time and one gets their product before the other, that's not the way it should work. This whole launch has been handled rather poorly IMO. I know that doesn't make it right. But they've neber handled a preorder like this. Where the first orderes where given a window and then people within that window were treated differently. Maybe I'm nuts, it just feels like it was poorly planned.
Here's my thoughts on blaming Apple and thinking they dropped the ball. You have to realize that there were an estimated 3 million pre-orders. I know Apple is a big company worth a lot of money and we all think they can do anything. We have to still remember that there are so many factors to take account of during the pre-order to shipped. The creditcard companies the charges are going through are hit with a ton of requests and may have other charges at the same time. Like some have already said it's not the 24th yet so the status might change tomorrow, the status might not even change and your Watch arrives I had that happen with my iPhone 5. If it doesn't arrive on the 24th that's why they give you a date range so your expectation shouldn't be set for the 24th but instead for May 8th. It's expecting the worst and then getting the best outcome. If you expect May 8th and it arrives on the 24th you'll jump for joy. If you expect May 8th and it arrives May 8th well that was what you expected anyway.

Going by this I think we don't have anything to worry about just yet http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/21...m_source=osx&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=ios I know we are all excited hell if it doesn't get here on Friday my weekend will be a little less bright. But lets just sharing info with each other and try to wait til it arrives. I ordered a 42mm Watch with black sport band. The most basic of setups and mine is still processing so I think only Apple knows how they are updating orders at this point.

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Funny how easy it is to separate generations in a thread like this. So easy to pick out the people born into the generation of entitlement.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Funny how easy it is to separate generations in a thread like this. So easy to pick out the people born into the generation of entitlement.

"So easy to pick out the people born into the generation of entitlement."

Can I have your permission to use that phrase in the future? :D

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

I think I am near one of the distribution centers. I live in GA and I believe one is in Memphis, TN. I guess I am one of those who feels "entitled" lol

techstudent

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

I've seen some twitter posts and articles that show people with May 13-May 27 shipping dates already "preparing for shipment" and having their cards charged. Thats a good sign for those like me with those dates! Plus mine is the SS/42mm so I'm assuming they're going through the alloy watch first, and will make their way through the SS next. Lets hope.

I was initially upset with Apple about the shipping dates, and how they handled it, but I look at it this way. They are just as excited as everyone else to get these things out to people. Maybe they overshot their initial plan for April 24 release. They could have just played the whole thing conservatively, and made the release date for June and avoided all of this blow back. I look at it as they wanted to get out as many as they could, so they kept the April date, and took the chance that their supply would not live up to the immediate demand. They took that hit so the lucky few to get their watches on the 24th would be happy, instead of making everyone wait until everyone could have one on the same date. I can't wait for it!

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Card was charged yesterday for the total order amount, just got the shipping info!!!!
For the extra charger, that is :/

Waiting for the shipping info for the Watch - but the Orders section says "Preparing for Shipment"... Can't hit refresh fast enough!!
Apparently the Milanese will be along next week....

Order Info:

Time: 3:07 AM EST (12:07 AM PST)
Method used: iPhone 6, Apple store app - didn't even roll outta bed!!
Model Ordered: 38mm Silver Aluminum Sport w/White band
Extras Ordered: AppleCare, Extra Charger & Milanese Band
Delivery Window: 4/24-5/8

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Also ordered the 42mm space gray sport with confirmation at 3:03 AM EDT with no change in status and no charge on bank. I'm assuming this is one of the last ones to be processed if they are processing them at the distribution centers in a specific order.

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey ordered 8:05am UK. Originally showing 4-6 weeks delivery. Card charged today at 4pm ! Could mean 4-6 weeks deliveries being bumped up.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey ordered 8:05am UK. Originally showing 4-6 weeks delivery. Card charged today at 4pm ! Could mean 4-6 weeks deliveries being bumped up.

Whoohoo!! That is awesome news!! Thank you!

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Whether 15 or 50 we're all entitled to what we pay for (I'm 48) not sure what bracket I fall into ?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

WTF!!! Lol Happy for you though because hopefully this means everyone else under those times is getting theirs soon!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2