I have a theory to float....the reason why Apple is not delivering the Link watches (and many of the 42mm watches in general) is that the taptic engine is designed specifically for a specific size watch (my theory not fact). With one manufacturer out, they were producing the 42mm size and the other one still going was producing the one for the 38mm (again, my theory not fact). How is this related to the link bands? Because of the labor involved, Apple held off on making the link bands until they had an idea of the volume needed...during this time the defective taptic engine was discovered. Results are they may still be making the link bands, but there are no watches to put them on. Now the single factory is adjusting their assemble to produce both sizes and the tooling is taking time (again, my theory not fact)? Any takers on this theory?
    I think that's a damn good theory. Makes perfect sense to me as to why size is a factor with one of the factories gone.
    05-04-2015 02:57 PM
    hey guys. Now my order says Dispatched: June. If this changes to specific dates will I get an email from Apple or I have to check every now and then my order status?

I am anxious about my order :P ( I ordered a SG 42mm Sport on 26/04)
    05-04-2015 02:59 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if all the SS links and SBSS ship together. I said before that I bet none were ever built and also think that not a lot of orders were taken for these two models.
    bigdad84 likes this.
    05-04-2015 03:08 PM
    hey guys. Now my order says Dispatched: June. If this changes to specific dates will I get an email from Apple or I have to check every now and then my order status?

You will be waiting for a while.
    jeffwarnick likes this.
    05-04-2015 03:09 PM
    I know but will I get an email if they give me specific dates or the next email will be WHEN my watch is Preparing for Dispatch?
    05-04-2015 03:24 PM

You will indeed get an email, a text message and an Apple Store alert when your order is preparing to ship.
    05-04-2015 03:28 PM
    42MM Space Gray Sport ordered at 00:03 PDT with a date range of 4/24 - 5/7 still processing. U.S./California
    05-04-2015 03:33 PM
    I read somewhere that the Link bracelets take 9 hours to make, so that at least partially explains the lack of any of them shipping. To see literally none being shipped is a bit odd, though.

My sport watch was dispached to UKMAIL on Friday & they have an ETA delivery of the 25th May, for some reason..
    05-04-2015 03:40 PM
    Demanding that Apple explain themselves, in my opinion, is ridiculous unless your (not referring to you personally) shipping timeframe has passed.
    When I completed my order 2:02AM CST, I had date of 4/24-5/8 but when I got confirmation three minute later at 2:05AM CST my date was shifted to 'June' with no delivery date. So would I cancel my order? No its a moot point to do so (might as keep it right). I don't think its a band issue its the watch unit itself. Loop, Mordern Buckle, and SS Link has not budged. So to reference PKIMBALL theory, if tapic engine is the case (which apple denies), No i don't think its ridiculous (not referring to your personally) for customers to demand an answer. I think basically all the frustration comes from April statements from Apple, "4/10 preorder", "4/24 launch/available (which was pulled from the Apple.com site"), "Apple watch available early April per Tim Cook". So customers think April April April only to be dissatisfied when getting confirmation May-June deliveries and with no date/time frame. And besides when your one of the first people to order, and no one got a straight 4/24 date but rather a range of 4/24-5/8, that was a sign that Apple was already in trouble.
    05-04-2015 03:45 PM
    The only issue I have with the factory down theory adding to the wait is would Apple use one factory to make 38mm and another to make 42mm? Sure that would be seriously shortsighted of Apple for the very reason you have described, if something were to happen to a factory, fire, flood earthquake... It hits a particular model. i would have thought each manufacturing plant would be manufacturing both models, admittedly though it would still have some impact.

Whatever the reason it will be interesting if we find out exactly what has gone wrong.
    I'm willing to bet that both 38MM and 42MM taptic engines are the same.
    bigdad84 likes this.
    05-04-2015 03:51 PM
    I'm willing to bet that both 38MM and 42MM taptic engines are the same.
    Agreed.
    05-04-2015 03:56 PM
    Man, waiting for my 42 SS link to ship is starting to get annoying. It'd be nice to at least get an update email.
    bigdad84 likes this.
    05-04-2015 04:02 PM
    Apple announced these watches in September? I love apple but jeeeesh these wait times are ridonkulous.
    05-04-2015 05:35 PM
    Man, waiting for my 42 SS link to ship is starting to get annoying. It'd be nice to at least get an update email.
    I agree. An update would be nice. I haven't heard a word about my watch since I ordered it on 4/10. Thats 24 days since I received any information on my status.
    05-04-2015 05:38 PM
    My toy has just arrived!........and the box is as heavy as a friggin' brick! Anyway, I've got to take some time to charge it and get it set up. I'll check back later.
    swgdan, phreddyl, rpol86 and 3 others like this.
    05-04-2015 06:36 PM
    Everybody else is getting their watches earlier than expected why can't us with the Links get that too
    rpol86 likes this.
    05-04-2015 07:56 PM
    My toy has just arrived!........and the box is as heavy as a friggin' brick! Anyway, I've got to take some time to charge it and get it set up. I'll check back later.
    Congratulations! I can't wait to hear your feedback.
    raphie and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-04-2015 07:59 PM
    Everybody else is getting their watches earlier than expected why can't us with the Links get that too
    You're making me cry stoppppp!!!!
    bigdad84 likes this.
    05-04-2015 08:12 PM
    On top of that, only 3 planes tonight ;(
    bigdad84 likes this.
    05-04-2015 08:14 PM
    On top of that, only 3 planes tonight ;(
    Yeah, I saw that, I was a little disappointed by that
    05-04-2015 08:51 PM
    Ladies and gentleman let's be realistic all those that ordered including myself were given a time frame. Honestly is there anyone here that has a delivery date that has passed? Wouldn't think so if it says June then the watch will be delivered anytime from here to June. I don't understand why there are people that ordered on April 24, 27 or any other day and think it's on it's way.. It's as easy as this... You wait for it to arrive or cancel the order... If anyone is that displeased with apple then cancel.. No ones card has been charged unless the product is getting delivered...
    05-04-2015 09:02 PM
    Yes the box is heavy and packed just like "apple" does , perfection 🍎🍎🍎🍎
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:37 PM
    Ladies and gentleman let's be realistic all those that ordered including myself were given a time frame. Honestly is there anyone here that has a delivery date that has passed? Wouldn't think so if it says June then the watch will be delivered anytime from here to June. I don't understand why there are people that ordered on April 24, 27 or any other day and think it's on it's way.. It's as easy as this... You wait for it to arrive or cancel the order... If anyone is that displeased with apple then cancel.. No ones card has been charged unless the product is getting delivered...
    I think because some many getting early shipments, (like meπŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½&#127822makes excitement of "wishing early shipment" more powerful πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    05-04-2015 09:40 PM
    Yes the box is heavy and packed just like "apple" does , perfection 
    Indeed....
    raphie likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:42 PM
    24 days with no update, this is one great experience, smh.
    rpol86 and bigdad84 like this.
    05-04-2015 10:44 PM
5,826 ... 8485868788 ...