Apple Watch Order status and shipping update - Check In

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch Order status update - Check In

Ordered SS BSB, receipt email 3:04 AM eastern. Still processing, whats the over under on Saturday delivery? Last time I wake up at 2:00 AM to preorder.

Like in life, almost anything is possible. I'm just glad Apple is not going to follow this process for future products.

furkson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Live in Bristol, Work in JC, and have my watch being delivered to Abingdon lol... Cheaper tax in VA. So refreshing UPS like crazy ready to make a mad dash to Abingdon to pick it up.
Haha I hear you. I used to work in Abingdon in the richlands area and castle wood before I ended up getting bone cancer in my leg. Now I'm a computer tech but eh it's my dream job. I can't crawl under houses 24/7 anyone with a replaced knee. Pest control is hard work. Unrelated to all this. Sorry guys. Enjoy your watches! I'm not going to post mine I know people couldn't like that considering this is basically a processing forum now. No disrespect to anyone who has posted.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

That's crazy so many from this area on here. I actually joined back in 2009 and found this forum by mistake and well now here I am. You got the watch that I wanted but I decided to go with the sport and get a Milanese later. The combination actually doesn't look bad. I didn't want SS for the fact it wouldn't match how my phone is and I know with how I wipe fingerprints from my phone I would do the same to it and it would kill me. Lol. Plus I didn't want to go all out on a first gen product. I'll let them fix the bugs and when they get it all figured out then I'll go all out.

It is possibly the biggest fingerprint magnet I've ever seen, so the aluminum will probably look a lot cleaner. Plus, you can always buy the Milanese band separately so you can have the combination that you want. And very sorry to hear about your cancer, I know that's very difficult but I hope you're doing well now.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Very, very, nice. Congratulations!

Thanks!

A couple notes, the tap on your wrist literally feels like someone is tapping you. It doesn't feel like anything that could possibly be recreated by an electronic device. It's kind of surreal. Also, I felt like a complete moron because I couldn't figure out how to change the watch face. Turns out you have to do the Force Touch and then it gives you the option. I also felt like a moron when I couldn't figure out what it meant by the Apple Watch app as I never realized that it was added with 8.2. Thinking back I remember reading it now, but I had forgotten. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities to feel stupid as I set it up today, but so far it's quite cool.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Hey, don't feel stupid. We're all going to be learning over the weekend. By Monday morning you'll be a pro. :gold-star:

furkson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

It is possibly the biggest fingerprint magnet I've ever seen, so the aluminum will probably look a lot cleaner. Plus, you can always buy the Milanese band separately so you can have the combination that you want. And very sorry to hear about your cancer, I know that's very difficult but I hope you're doing well now.
Thanks man! Means a lot to me considering you don't know me and you saying that. Yeah it was ruff. I got it my senior year in highschool but I'm 5 years cancer free now. I was 18. Got my whole bone in my leg replaced. It's called Limb sparing. So basically the bone from my thigh to my ankle is replaced with metal. 300k$ leg haha. I'm just thankful I still have my leg. Yeah that's what I thought. Fingerprints kill me. It still is the nicest watch I've seen. I think SS looks better than the gold to be honest.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Found out why some of us didn't get our watch today, they were delivered to the staff at the Today show... I think Matt was wearing my watch.....

furkson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Kraft, if you don't mind would you let me know when you get yours so that I get somewhat of a timeframe so I can be there to sign for my watch? I'm not so sure that my dad would be allowed to sign for it. I don't get mail at my house so I had to get it sent to my parents and I can only hope the ups guy remembers to bring it to my dads workplace. Thanks man!

directordeek

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

So I got a text yesterday saying my Apple Watch was going to be delivered today by UPS.
This morning at 8:46am I got a text saying today is the day that my Apple Watch would arrive.

Checked UPS to see if it was on the truck. UPS says delivered by Monday?

Called UPS and the girl tells me she can't see anything different then what I'm seeing.

I say that's ok I'll come pick it up since it's at the facility close to where I work.

She says she can't change it and that the earliest pickup date would be Monday? What gives?

I told her I can see that it's at the facility and i'm willing to come get it. She could not tell me why I couldn't pick it up today and had to wait to pick it up on monday....

Anyone ever experiences this with a product before?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Just saw a UPS truck drive by. That's not logistically efficient to have my watch on a different truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furkson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

So I got a text yesterday saying my Apple Watch was going to be delivered today by UPS.
This morning at 8:46am I got a text saying today is the day that my Apple Watch would arrive.

Called UPS and the girl tells me she can't see anything different then what I'm seeing.

I say that's ok I'll come pick it up since it's at the facility close to where I work.

She says she can't change it and that the earliest pickup date would be Monday? What gives?

I told her I can see that it's at the facility and i'm willing to come get it. She could not tell me why I couldn't pick it up today and had to wait to pick it up on monday....

If I were you I would try calling again and ask someone else or if you're a ups my choice change it to pick up at the facility. If your watch isn't too far off and I were you I'd bring my License and go there myself. If you put it to be picked up and you go to pick it up I would find it pretty messed up that they wouldn't give it to you. Plus there's no way of the lady you talked to of knowing that you was who you said you were unless you gave viable info.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

No, I've never had this happen, but UPS (United Pony Service) has never been my first choice for delivery. They have horrible service and the boxes look like they were kicked around the backyard.

kraftd86

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Kraft, if you don't mind would you let me know when you get yours so that I get somewhat of a timeframe so I can be there to sign for my watch? I'm not so sure that my dad would be allowed to sign for it. I don't get mail at my house so I had to get it sent to my parents and I can only hope the ups guy remembers to bring it to my dads workplace. Thanks man!

I will... Typically they don't care who actually signs for it, they don't check ID or anything, just as long as someone is at the delivery address to sign for it.

Mine is going to a business address though, so will most likely show up earlier than anything residential.

TimmyB20

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

You should have received an email from Apple where you can print out a form for you to sign off in advance. Leave the form at your door and UPS will just leave the package at your door. By the way, I seriously doubt the package will arrive before noon. Mine says by 3 PM, and I am in the DFW area as well. Good luck.

Awesome! I should be home by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimmyB20

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Hey, don't feel stupid. We're all going to be learning over the weekend. By Monday morning you'll be a pro. :gold-star:

Thanks, and I hope so! :D

Thanks man! Means a lot to me considering you don't know me and you saying that. Yeah it was ruff. I got it my senior year in highschool but I'm 5 years cancer free now. I was 18. Got my whole bone in my leg replaced. It's called Limb sparing. So basically the bone from my thigh to my ankle is replaced with metal. 300k$ leg haha. I'm just thankful I still have my leg. Yeah that's what I thought. Fingerprints kill me. It still is the nicest watch I've seen. I think SS looks better than the gold to be honest.

No problem. I have a lot of empathy for people with major illnesses and NO empathy for people who get a cold and act like they're dying (my boyfriend). I've had well over 100 kidney stones and over 20 surgeries (last week my intestines got crossed and cut off circulation so I had to have emergency surgery but I feel way better now), but never cancer (the worst I've had was bacterial, fungal and viral Meningitis at the same time). That's the one thing I'm terrified of. And I was gonna say that you look about my age (I'm 25) and that's very young for bone cancer, but I'm just glad you're okay. The 5 year mark is the biggest indicator for long-term remission, from what I understand. So fingers crossed for another 50 years cancer-free! :)

They'll let him sign. My step-dad signed for mine.

So I'm guessing no one got the space black SS today?

Not that I've seen. Sorry. It sucks that you guys spent the most and nobody got them.

mopage19

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

PEOPLE! My card was charged. Finally...this has been painful. I ordered the 38mm Space Gray Aluminum with the Black Sport Band. Hoping this moves quickly. My excitement has been ignited again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods