Devious Apple Watch Hack

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Imagine at a public place someone announces: "Hey Siri. Call 911". (Please don't ever do this)

I wonder if we can disable Hey Siri. Or if we need to have the watch screen on to let Hey Siri respond.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope so.

No hoping needed...that is the way it works...otherwise you could just get all kinds of wonky performance feedback from people shouting random commands and the watch acting on it.

If you want an example of a product that does JUST that...check out the Xbox One. It's probably one of the worst pieces of technology I've purchased in the last 5 years. You'll be playing a game, and someone you're playing with online can shout out a command such as "Xbox Menu" and in the middle of your game, the menu will pop up rendering you defenseless until you get it closed (which takes a few seconds). Also "Xbox Record That" is a fun one...it'll literally fill your video clip section with random and useless little 4-5 second video clips of...well...whatever is on the screen at the time.

It's mind bogglingly pitiful, especially for a "next gen" piece of video game technology.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
No hoping needed...that is the way it works...otherwise you could just get all kinds of wonky performance feedback from people shouting random commands and the watch acting on it.

If you want an example of a product that does JUST that...check out the Xbox One. It's probably one of the worst pieces of technology I've purchased in the last 5 years. You'll be playing a game, and someone you're playing with online can shout out a command such as "Xbox Menu" and in the middle of your game, the menu will pop up rendering you defenseless until you get it closed (which takes a few seconds). Also "Xbox Record That" is a fun one...it'll literally fill your video clip section with random and useless little 4-5 second video clips of...well...whatever is on the screen at the time.

It's mind bogglingly pitiful, especially for a "next gen" piece of video game technology.

That's exactly how I thought of it. A podcast I was listening to would randomly yell 'xbox off'.

The video they just posted on Siri showed raising wrist first. We can't know for sure until we try it. The phone allows Hey Siri when charging. Since its potentially annoying they allow us to turn it off.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't your phone have to be charging for that to work?

Yes. Many days I charge at desk. But ironically its when away from desk where it would be more useful to have Hey Siri. I understand battery concerns.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73