So I just got back from my Watch try on session. I was glad I went it confirmed stuff for me. The digital crown was what I expected. It was responsive and easy to use. The watch was in demo mode so there is not much I could see with the UI or operation of the watch. I was looking at the 42 Silver and Space Black Watch with the black sport band and the 38 Silver Watch with the black sport band. I ordered the 42 Silver Watch with the black sport band. So I'm definitely glad I ordered the 42mm. I was starting to have doubt after seeing pictures but seeing it in person the 38 is too slender for my taste. I don't have huge writsts I actually have pretty skinny wrists it's just my taste in watches. So that confirmed my choice ini the size however I will have to send back the one I ordered.
    I wanted the Space Black in the first place but in my rush to pre-order I ended up getting the Silver. So now that I know I want the Space Grey I'll have to return the Silver one and order the Space Grey. I'm going to give it 5 days when it gets here and I might not return it because I did like the silver I just liked the Space Black more. So that was my try-on experience in a nutshell. I would definitely encourage anyone who ordered one to make an appointment. It's going to be another 10 days or more so why not.

Watch Try on today confirmed a few things for me-img_1444.jpg
    04-15-2015 01:29 PM
    1st hand impressions are always good to see...
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-15-2015 01:33 PM
    Yeah there wasn't much I could do with it because of the demo mode. I spum the digital crown and for me it felt great. It had resistance to my touch but I could feel the clicks. I was most interested in the difference between the Silver and Space Black because I already know the watch is for me.
    04-15-2015 01:37 PM
    I wanted the Space Grey, too, at first. But then on a podcast, Allyson reminded us of the issue with the iPhone/iPad and scratching. Maybe that will not be an issue with the Apple Watch, but . . . I decided not to take a chance.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-15-2015 01:38 PM
    Yeah there wasn't much I could do with it because of the demo mode. I spum the digital crown and for me it felt great. It had resistance to my touch but I could feel the clicks. I was most interested in the difference between the Silver and Space Black because I already know the watch is for me.
    I thought it was interesting that if you were using the crown to scroll and hit the top or bottom of the list, you got feedback and it almost felt like the crown stopped moving.
    04-15-2015 01:42 PM
    I wanted the Space Grey, too, at first. But then on a podcast, Allyson reminded us of the issue with the iPhone/iPad and scratching. Maybe that will not be an issue with the Apple Watch, but . . . I decided not to take a chance.
    I don't think it will be as much of an issue for me. I'm not particularly hard on my watches but good point.

I thought it was interesting that if you were using the crown to scroll and hit the top or bottom of the list, you got feedback and it almost felt like the crown stopped moving.
    Yeah when I was playing with the crown like things would give feedback like I got the icon of the hand gestures that seemed to change in tune to the way I was using the digital crown. I still wasn't sure if it was the demo and it just happened to be in sync with my movement or if it really was taking the input. Ah well I'm not worried I'll find out in a couple days lol.
    04-15-2015 01:47 PM