Think the "send heartbeat" will be good for romance/flirting/anything at all? Or just a gimmick?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Think the "send heartbeat" will be good for romance/flirting/anything at all? Or just a gimmick?

This send heartbeat feature. Do you think it will be useful for anything or just fun? Or is it completely a gimmick?

I could see teenagers using it for flirting with each other. (Next generation of the facebook poke, anyone?) But really, I can't imagine it being useful any other time. Do you plan to use it? I mean, you gotta try it out at least once, right? But really, it feels like a gimmick or at best a technology demonstration. Thoughts?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Think the "send heartbeat" will be good for romance/flirting/anything at all? Or just a gimmick?

Just seems like feature that Watch wearers can share.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Think the "send heartbeat" will be good for romance/flirting/anything at all? Or just a gimmick?

The romance/flirting tool people started using is called sexting and that started in the early 2000's when text messaging became prominent.

I think a few features that the watch provides are nothing more than a gimmick.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Huge gimmick. I don't think it will take off at all.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Probably not meant to "take off" it's just small feature. I don't think it's meant to serve a great purpose.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Ya just a fad, but not to forget the over all main purpose of the watch.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Yes, it's a gimmick, but . . . darn it looks cool.

I can't wait until I can send my wife (20 years) a heartbeat.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I don't think it's a gimmick or a fad. I think it is meant to encourage users to buy an iWatch for their significant other or family. It is just a cool thing that the watch can do. Just like Photobooth back in the day. It is all but forgotten now but who hasn't seen people playing around with photobooth laughing hysterically on a Mac or iPad? It is still around today even though no one uses it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Reading this I feel like your underlying message is that after many years this is just a novelty. So young couples who find it cute, romantic are what silly? I don't see why it wouldn't be cute to send your wife of 20 years your heartbeat. If anything the fact that you guys have been through thick and thin for 20 years would make it even more of a gesture.
It is not for everyone because everyone's sensitivity is on a different level. Just like some people love poetry, to write poetry and others think it's non sense. It's the same way some people are more business minded than others. Some people will find it cute, they will find it romantic to send it to their wife on their anniversary like "I'm thinking about you" or "You will always own my heart". It is a marketing aspect for Apple, they are a company marketing is what they do. However just like you could scoff at the thought of a heartbeat conveying romantic feelings. If you're a heart surgeon you could look at a real heart and scoff at the thought of it being in any way associated with love. It looks nothing like the heart shapes we draw.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

First, I can assure you there is no underlying message. It’s a gimmick to sell more watches, on this you can be sure. Moreover, I don’t “need” a watch to let my wife know I love her or I’m thinking about her; I do this every day without a watch.

In addition, regardless of your age, this is still a “cool” feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Gimmick, but one that may get used more than we think, especially among the younger generation, in my opinion...;)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

First, I can assure you there is no underlying message. It’s a gimmick to sell more watches, on this you can be sure. Moreover, I don’t “need” a watch to let my wife know I love her or I’m thinking about her; I do this every day without a watch.

In addition, regardless of your age, this is still a “cool” feature.

Like I said that was what I read into it didn't say I was correct. This is what happens on forums when there are just letters on a screen.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

^romantic

How is "sending a heartbeat" romantic?

To be clear. what I meant is that Bigeric23 is a romantic. Not that sending the heartbeat is romantic.

I'm not saying that it's not, just that what is romantic is depending on the person.

I should post less 1-word replies. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711