Apple Watch Disappointment

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Of course you can return it if you don't like it. Whatever the return policy is it's on Apple.com.
As far as the speed of apps I say check the reviews on the net by the tech bloggers that have it like The Verge.
No one here has one yet to answer any questions on the speed of apps it would all be speculation.
Sounds like there are a lot of cons for you. Don't keep something that you will not enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I'm with Ed, check it out, and then if you really don't like it return it OR resell it, trust me there WILL be an after market for these things.

As for the reviewers, many of them noted the slowness and felt it might be due to the newness of the software combined with the fact that the apps actually live and run on your phone and feed data to the watch. This situation could change with OS updates and if/and when the watch gets native apps that run directly on the watch.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My only disappointment is the ship date I was hesitant and waited to long and now the estimated ship date is set to June. So I'm just waiting for it to be I'm stores and purchase one then.

But like everyone else is saying, give it a try for a few weeks before you cancel. You at home/daily experience will be greater on your decision than the in-store session time

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm talking about the watch that Google is about to release that works with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe it's a separate watch I think they are just updating Android Wear to support iOS at which point ANY Android Wear watch will work on iphones. :)

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe it's a separate watch I think they are just updating Android Wear to support iOS at which point ANY Android Wear watch will work on iphones. :)

Yeah, I know that. I just didn't word my response correctly. I do want to see how well it works with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I went to look at it at the Pentagon City Mall and I L O V E D it. For me this will be totally a fun thing to get, since I don't actuallyu *need* one, and I'm going to wait until December to get it for Christmas. But honestly, standing there in the store.....uuuufffff....it was difficult to stay strong. It was more gorgeous than I'd expected.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I went to look at it at the Pentagon City Mall and I L O V E D it. For me this will be totally a fun thing to get, since I don't actuallyu *need* one, and I'm going to wait until December to get it for Christmas. But honestly, standing there in the store.....uuuufffff....it was difficult to stay strong. It was more gorgeous than I'd expected.

I've been wondering if you were gonna get one. So, which one????

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't try that one on. But I did try the SS with link bracelet and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. The engineering was just amazing, of course, but it just didn't seem like "me" once I had it on my wrist. I actually thought the link bracelet would be my favorite based on the photos but instead the Milanese and leather loop in bright blue were close contenders although I only ordered the black sports band for now.

I was surprised that I was really leaning to the sports watch with the white band but THIS one is me.

I can't order yet. Laptop. Laptop. Laptop.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
OP, I appreciate you posting your experience with the Apple Watch. I'm sure many of the issues are because it is uncharted waters for both the hardware and the apps. I'm not getting the watch now and I will have a hard time ever giving up my traditional watch. But I'm sure the watch and the apps running on it will only get better with time. (pun intended)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Now that would be fantastic. I happen to like the Gear S. Like that it's got a keyboard and its own data connection.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple has been open about the watch's capabilities.

The first gen is always not the smartest buy -- smart money waits for the second generation.

But I wanted it, I have the spare cash this year, and so I went for it. Simple as that. Some stuff will be fixed with software updates, some stuff simply will not be fixed except with a later-gen processor. (Battery life, speed.)

Nature of the tech beast. Knowing that, either get it or don't. It's fun being on the bleeding edge, but it isn't something I'd advise my friends who have other priorities and other expenses to do.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple has been open about the watch's capabilities.

The first gen is always not the smartest buy -- smart money waits for the second generation.

But I wanted it, I have the spare cash this year, and so I went for it. Simple as that. Some stuff will be fixed with software updates, some stuff simply will not be fixed except with a later-gen processor. (Battery life, speed.)

Nature of the tech beast. Knowing that, either get it or don't. It's fun being on the bleeding edge, but it isn't something I'd advise my friends who have other priorities and other expenses to do.

I here that. I used to be early adopter guy, then I had twins. lol. Now I wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR