Folks,

What do you think about Apples decision to not sell, or market the watch as a male and female version, but rather to sell a 42mm and 38mm version, for smaller and larger wrists. I think this is genius. While they DO have a traditional feminine color choice, again it is available in either size, and certainly any man may purchase and wear one should he so choose. (I own a pink oxford in my shirt collection)

So what do you all think about this? Good decision? Bad decision? Genius? Lets talk!
    04-14-2015 11:40 AM
    Definitely a good decision. The different sizes and colours cover the bases nicely without adding variations for gender. There are enough variations to be getting on with already.
    04-14-2015 11:46 AM
    So what do you all think about this?
    I think there's too much assignments of gender attributes to inanimate objects based on aesthetics...
    pkcable and Ipheuria like this.
    04-14-2015 11:47 AM
    I think it was a good move. Keeping the product gender neutral eliminates the sales of specific models from becoming siloed to a certain demographic. You pick what you want based on your needs/wants/tastes.
    04-14-2015 12:03 PM
    It's just a unisex watch nothing genius about it nothing new about it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-14-2015 12:20 PM
    I think as a company selling internationally designating "Male" and "Female" models is just asking for trouble. It's all about the device so just market as a such and let the customers buy what they want. It's this Male & Female attitude why you get people saying "Is your son playing with a doll?" as if it's a crime. So it was definitely a wise idea to stay out of that but I think almost any big company at this point would know better.
    04-14-2015 12:31 PM
    I also think it was a wise choice to stay gender neutral. Let the accessories remain loyal to gender bias.
    04-14-2015 12:37 PM
    Don't get me wrong folks I'm NOT saying marketing with a gender slant is right or wrong, just that it exists and that I appreciate Apple's decision not to do it! (Hint I think it's wrong to do, but that's not the point)
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:38 PM
    Don't get me wrong folks I'm NOT saying marketing with a gender slant is right or wrong, just that it exists and that I appreciate Apple's decision not to do it! (Hint I think it's wrong to do, but that's not the point)
    that's the way I took the question
    04-14-2015 12:41 PM
    The small pink one is for girls! The big black one is for boys! Every other choice is for those that are confused! Imho

Sent from my  6+
    04-14-2015 12:59 PM
    I agree, that's why I'm glad Apple stays out of it.
    04-14-2015 01:04 PM