Which pre-order scenario would you rather?

Which pre-order and delivery scenario would you choose?

• Preorder: Apr-10 - Delivery: Apr-24

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Preorder: Apr-20 Delivery: Apr-24

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Apple had pre-orders on April 10th with launch day of April 24th. A two week time frame but with some orders getting a April 24th to May 8th timeframe for delivery. The units are made and shipped out to the orders arriving on the 24th. What if instead they had pre-orders on April 20th with delivery on 24th? which pre-order scenario would you rather? So instead of waiting 2 weeks you would only wait 4 days.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would prefer the 4 day wait because the pre-order date is irrelevant to me. I still have to get up earlier, mad rush to order. The difference is I would have time to make my try on appointment if try on appointments still started on Apr-10th. So by the time pre-order time hit I would know exactly which combo I want. Then the 4 day wait would feel so much better than 2 weeks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would rather wait two weeks, giving the developers time to get apps ready.

The behind the scenes processes need more than 4 days.

Admittedly I don't know what happens on the Apple side once the pre-orders come in. However the launch date is the same and so what I had in mind is everything stays the same. The only thing that changes is the pre-orders would be on the 20th instead of the 10th. So devs would still have exactly the same amount of time as they do now. Like I said perhaps that 10 days is needed for the huge number of pre-orders that need to be sorted, charged. logged or whatever else they have to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711