What will the next gen Watch be called?

What will the next Watch be called?

• iPhone naming convention

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPad naming convention

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generational naming convention

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I thought it might be fun to speculate on what the next generation Apple Watches might be called. Based on Apple's usual naming conventions will they go with the iPhone way.
iPhone way: Will the next one be Watch Sport 2, Watch 2, Watch Edition 2 and then Watch Sport 2s, Watch 2s, Watch Edition 2s.
Will they go with the iPad naming convention Watch Sport 2, Watch 2, Watch Edition 2 and then Watch Sport 3, Watch 3, Watch Edition 3.
Will they break out and go with a totally different naming convention since this is a new device or go with the
generational naming convention so it's always the Watch just gen 1, gen 2, gen 3? If you choose Other post up your thoughts.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm sort of stuck between generational naming and the iPad method. The generational naming is more clean because it will always be the Watch. When choosing accessories you'll have to know the generation and stuff like that. Which is why I also think the iPad way is a possibility especially if the previous years models will be on sale for a cheaper price. If the 2 or 3 is there it makes people feel like they are upgrading to something newer.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Apple will call all generations of the watch, Apple Watch. . . . If the watch gets thinner every year, that difference will make it distinguishable.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You need to work for Apple I like these! I'd go with the SRT-8 myself ;)

I've been trying for YEARS to get a job at an Apple Store. I've been using Apple hardware longer than every store manager at every Apple Store has been alive. But I guess I'm not hip enough with skinny jeans and a scraggly beard.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Can we at least let the first generation come out before we start speculating about future models?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
why we are just talking about the name so I don't see the big deal?

It's not but seriously there's been a crap ton of threads created in the last few days many of which are hypothetical topics about future products while we haven't even got the first watch yet.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's not but seriously there's been a crap ton of threads created in the last few days many of which are hypothetical topics about future products while we haven't even got the first watch yet.

I've seen threads that I thought were a little out there. However I try to post threads that are either fun or thoughtful. If you want to take down speculative threads close the forum till the 24th because no one has a watch so no threads will really make sense. The fact that there are people talking in a thread means there's interest which is what a forum is all about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234