I’m relatively happy with the whole process. I just wish they could put an end to people purchasing products to resell for a profit. It taints the whole experience for those people interested in the merchandise for themselves.
    Nanci likes this.
    04-14-2015 02:27 PM
    I hope the times get much shorter in June. That was my original plan to order in June when I'll have extra cash. Hopefully it will be 1-2 weeks. If not I'll just wait.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-14-2015 02:52 PM
    Having to get up at 3:00AM EST is ludicrous. They should do it late evening EST, say 10PM and that would make it 7:00PM west coast. I am sure Apple is smart enough to figure out IT issues for the online store ordering. The inventory was grossly inadequate and are resulting in long delays in shipment dates. They should have options available for store pick up. It is more important with a new item such as this and lack of familiarity with it by the consumer. They should have had expedited delivery options available not just standard shipping.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the time needs to change. I was starting to think I was the only one.

I’m relatively happy with the whole process. I just wish they could put an end to people purchasing products to resell for a profit. It taints the whole experience for those people interested in the merchandise for themselves.
    Somehow I think people will always be able to do this. I wont get into it because this is hotly debated in another thread.

I hope the times get much shorter in June. That was my original plan to order in June when I'll have extra cash. Hopefully it will be 1-2 weeks. If not I'll just wait.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    I think they should. They usually get everything together pretty fast after the initial slam on the units.
    04-14-2015 03:38 PM
    It always happens and will continue to happen.

But as far as pre ordering process online, think it went smoothly for people.. In the matter of 6 minutes I think it said.
    Last edited by John Yester; 04-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    04-14-2015 04:11 PM
    No matter what changes they make, someone is always going to be unhappy. I don't like getting up at 3am either but that's definitely a #fwp.
    kch50428, phreddyl and Les74 like this.
    04-14-2015 04:13 PM
    Unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen. Would just be too hard to enforce. It sucks, but it's a part of buying anything. There is always going to be someone who buys it simply to sell it to try and make a buck. Takes away from those who actually want the item and have to wait/can't get one because of those people.
    04-14-2015 04:20 PM
    Alas, you are correct, as sad as it is to admit.
    04-14-2015 07:23 PM
    I know what you mean. I received my confirmation e-mail at 3:02 a.m. and have the same ship date (sport with green band). However, I think we'll see them on the 24.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-14-2015 07:37 PM
    More stock, better site capacity and a dedicated site for their launch product instead of the store so they don't have to worry about shutting down the store site and can do it at noon like their launch events.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:22 PM
    There are always ways to improve things, however I think the real issue with pre-ordering is that the demand far exceeds the supply.

I mean, think about it. Estimates put the  Watch at a million pre-orders in the first day. For a brand new product, that most people haven't even got to use yet, that's insane!

I'm sure things will go smoother for the 2nd gen watch, but as long as demand exceeds supply, they'll always be these pre-order aches and pains.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-14-2015 11:53 PM
    Just imagine how many demo's they had to put together just to get to all the Apple stores by April 10th.
    Nanci likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:01 AM
    Does anyone think gen 2 and onward will see an increase in the demand on pre-orders?
    04-15-2015 10:05 AM
    Most likely yes you will see increase in demand. Little drastic that Apple Watch sold more in 6 min then Android sold in one year... But you never know what Apple is up to for the next Model.
    04-15-2015 10:35 AM
    Well, I sat at my MacBook like an ***** at 3:00 A.M. (EDT), waiting for the Apple website to go live for the preorders. Come to find out, while I was waiting all those precious minutes for that, many others were merrily ordering away via the Apple Store App (which I could have been doing!) When the website finally came up and I clicked on the watch I wanted, (SS 38mm with Milanese Loop), it said delivery April 24-May 8. However, when I received my order confirmation, it had been pushed back to May 13-27. I feel a bit cheated! So it looks like I got up in the middle of the night for naught. I am really quite disappointed with my preorder experience. All I can hope for now is for Apple to have under-promised and over-delivered. I sure hope I get it sooner than the confirmation says I will!
    04-15-2015 01:32 PM
    You don't know for sure if that's the correct date. if you have read up on recent news. Apple may have aimed high on dates, thus they may be moved up sooner.
    Les74 and golfgal like this.
    04-15-2015 01:36 PM
    Most likely yes you will see increase in demand. Little drastic that Apple Watch sold more in 6 min then Android sold in one year... But you never know what Apple is up to for the next Model.
    shhhh don't say that all the Android trolls will descend on your comment. They will tell you how Apple hype is blown out of proportion and they will be returned and blah blah blah lol
    John Yester likes this.
    04-15-2015 04:02 PM
    Everything is always based on the convenience of people in the Eastern Time Zone.

It is nice that for once it benefits us here on the West Coast over the Easterners. I think it is what it is because Apple is based out of California and it ends pretty much at that.
    04-15-2015 04:07 PM
    Everything is always based on the convenience of people in the Eastern Time Zone.

It is nice that for once it benefits us here on the West Coast over the Easterners. I think it is what it is because Apple is based out of California and it ends pretty much at that.
    I don't think it is what it is is good enough. Companies and times change. Just as Angela Arenhdts said orders will be online instead of line ups. This is a change for the convenience of fans. So I would like changes to make the pre-order process even more easy.
    04-15-2015 05:41 PM
    I like that it's middle of the night, even if I suffer the next day. I feel like it gives me an advantage over others not willing to wait up, and I don't have to bother with lines, and I always get my product at launch. Being up until 2am sucks, but it's a price I pay to be one of the first
    04-15-2015 06:16 PM
    I don't think it is what it is is good enough. Companies and times change. Just as Angela Arenhdts said orders will be online instead of line ups. This is a change for the convenience of fans. So I would like changes to make the pre-order process even more easy.
    I don't know how much easier the pre-ordering could have been. It seemed relatively easy and convenient in my eyes.
    04-15-2015 06:28 PM
    For $20 bucks in my PayPal, I'd have sat up for someone and done their Pre-order for them.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:41 PM
    For $20 bucks in my PayPal, I'd have sat up for someone and done their Pre-order for them.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Sure now you tell me

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-15-2015 11:37 PM
47 12