Anybody planning to buying at launch only to sell at a markup? Is that wrong?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When the scalpers game it that's not right. A normal consumer doesn't stand a chance. Most people aren't like me prepared at 3am.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Actually I think there were 1 million people who were prepared at 3AM. You said yourself there were people at 3AM who ordered and got delivery dates later than launch because of said "scalpers".

Nobody regularly participating in the iMore forums is a normal consumer. You're an enthusiast. We all are.

I find this to be a very condescending statement to normal consumers. You might not have meant it that way but the way it sounds to me is you are basically saying a normal consumer is too dumb to find and sign up for this forum. Just before you say that by signing up for a forum that is what makes a person an enthusiast know that there are forums for everything. There are maturnity forums where mothers get together and talk so what are they enthusiasts of?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think there were 1 million people who were prepared at 3AM. You said yourself there were people at 3AM who ordered and got delivery dates later than launch because of said "scalpers".

I find this to be a very condescending statement to normal consumers. You might not have meant it that way but the way it sounds to me is you are basically saying a normal consumer is too dumb to find and sign up for this forum. Just before you say that by signing up for a forum that is what makes a person an enthusiast know that there are forums for everything. There are maturnity forums where mothers get together and talk so what are they enthusiasts of?
I did not intend it to be condescending. That's why I said "regularly participating" in the forums. I feel like a normal consumer researches and educates themself then moves on. I consider someone an enthusiast when you come here everyday like we do just because we enjoy it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I did not intend it to be condescending. That's why I said "regularly participating" in the forums. I feel like a normal consumer researches and educates themself then moves on. I consider someone an enthusiast when you come here everyday like we do just because we enjoy it.

I figured you didn't mean it that way was just telling you how it sounded to me. I understand what you mean but here's the thing behind a screen it's hard to know. I've been on the forums for quite awhile. I've seen users show up because of some problem they were having with an iPhone, iPod, etc. they get their answer but they stick around. So you just never know and that is why I pointed out that there are forums for virtually anything now. I think that the internet has opened the door to more knowledgable consumers. Just look at the WWDC keynote you would think that only the "enthusiast" would know about or watch it. I have many friends who are far from enthusiasts yet they all know and watch it regularly to see all the new things Apple has planned. So I think the normal consumer now is a lot more knowledgable than you might think.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I legitimately think you're just trying to stir up sh*t here now.

I'm really not. I was rereading some of the comments and there are some fairly political topics. Free markets vs regulated markets. Equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome. Just got me wondering.

Doubtful. I mostly stay out of the Politics forum but I'm fairly sure my political beliefs are relatively close to @scatabrain. Yet I have no problem with the resellers or Apple trying to change ordering processes to thwart them.

Cool. I'm not trying to get divisive or into labels. Just was a random thought.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods