Someone steals your Watch......

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
They won't be able to use. Every time you remove your watch from your wrist. It disables it. When you put it back on. It asks for a passcode every time.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
They won't be able to use. Every time you remove your watch from your wrist. It disables it. When you put it back on. It asks for a passcode every time.

A passcode is only as strong as the user makes it. So this is the weak link because I'm sure there will be lots of 1234 passcodes in use. However I'm also pretty sure it will be included in Findmyiphone just like iPods. So when it's lost you put it in locked mode and unless the person knows the Apple ID password it's useless. I'm going to stick by this until it comes out and we find out.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A passcode is only as strong as the user makes it. So this is the weak link because I'm sure there will be lots of 1234 passcodes in use. However I'm also pretty sure it will be included in Findmyiphone just like iPods. So when it's lost you put it in locked mode and unless the person knows the Apple ID password it's useless. I'm going to stick by this until it comes out and we find out.

Once the watch is out of range of the phone, then any findmyiphone type feature will be lost correct?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah I would think that would be the case since the watch has limited internet connectivity. This is definitely a consideration.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

True, but the weak link is the owner who chooses to use 1234 as a passcode. There will be those who use 1234 as a passcode, get their device stolen and compromised and then blame Apple for not making the device secure enough. #smh...You know it's coming...

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
True, but the weak link is the owner who chooses to use 1234 as a passcode. There will be those who use 1234 as a passcode, get their device stolen and compromised and then blame Apple for not making the device secure enough. #smh...You know it's coming...

TRUE DAT!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK Sean and John need to live near me lol. John will chase them first and then Sean is the backup incase they still get away.