Apple Watch jailbreak?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting the itch to jailbreak my iPhone again (haven't done this since my 4). I was just wondering if jailbreak would be possible for the Apple Watch and if so, what kind of additional functionality could be added?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure anyone knows the complete answer at the moment (watch not released), but I would wait and let other people experiment. That way, you don't damage your new, shiny watch.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure anyone knows the complete answer at the moment (watch not released), but I would wait and let other people experiment. That way, you don't damage your new, shiny watch.

There's NO WAY I'd be the one experimenting to find the jailbreak glitch. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up an Apple Watch. Going to try to hold off for awhile to see what happens. Ideally, I'd like much longer battery life (at least 48 hours - that way I can definitely make it through 1 full day of use).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's hard to say if the Watch could be Jailbroken. I think it will be like the first iPhone. It will take the brilliant JBers to take it apart and find out. Think about the things Watch doesn't do and Apple wont allow. Like for example if custom watch faces aren't allowed by Apple. Things Apple doesn't allow is what the JB Dev usually make.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the difficulty is that the only way to interact with the watch software (whether watch OS updates, installing apps, etc) is thru the Apple Watch app on the iPhone. So a potential JBer would need a JB iPhone (and does iOS 8.2 even have an available JB?) and then either figure out how to hack the Watch app or figure out how the Watch app interacts with the watch and create their own JB Apple Watch app for the iPhone. But where there's a will there's a way, right?
From what I've seen, the 8.3 iOS kills the exploit jailbreakers were using... Never saw an 8.2 jailbreak... I'll be truly surprised if they pull of Jb'ing the Watch.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd assume JB'ing would have limited purpose on the Apple Watch. You could change some of the design elements but really without a constant data connect (other than what's provided through your phone) there probably isn't much you could do?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it would really hard, but eventually they will find a way... It will take some time but it will get there.
Especially since everyone is reporting about the hidden port. Nobody knows why is there, but I am sure without that port, it will be very hard to jailbreak the watch

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2