Anyone else surprised at the how the 38mm looked & felt

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the white sport 38mm and black sport 42mm, mainly because the black was back ordered and I of course didn't want to wait :)
Had my try on experience at the local Store yesterday, and the 38mm didn't look or feel as small as I thought it would. I'm a guy with a fairly small wrist, and it really seemed to fit well. Was going to eBay the one I didn't want, which may end up being the 42.
Anyone else switch from the 42 to the 38 Faye trying them on?

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm also interested. In pictures people have been posting, the 42 mm looks awfully large to me, kind of like a big slab of electronics on the wrist.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The 42 was definitely not too big. Both sizes are surprisingly close. The 38 seems a little more real watch size as opposed to a tech watch. Harder decision than I expected

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was considering the 42, but found I really liked the look of the 38 on my wrist. It looked and felt perfect on my wrist. I ordered the 38 confidently.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The 42 was definitely not too big. Both sizes are surprisingly close. The 38 seems a little more real watch size as opposed to a tech watch. Harder decision than I expected

Agreed! So happy I went with the 38. Yes I am giving up some screen space and battery life but the size does not scream "smart watch!". I want to wear this watch every day just like I wear my Casio. I question if I would wear the 42mm as much.

Stokkes

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Just got back from my try on appointment and agree the the comment above.

The 38mm is more subtle. It doesn't scream "smart watch" and just appears to fit better. I have a small wrist and while both fit well (I flip flopped often during my 30 min session), I ended up sticking with the 38mm.

I also find the 42 sits higher on your wrist than the 38, making it more prone to get caught in long sleeve clothes, jackets, etc.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think most people will agree, both watch faces look a lot smaller in person than they do on the app. Maybe it's just me, but the app makes the 38 look like it's fairly big and the 42 simply looks giant.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I was actually surprised how smaller the 38 looked compared to the pictures I saw before going to my try on appointment. I liked how the 42 fit on my wrist. And I don't really have a big wrist. I'm happy with my 42mm Space Black Watch sport.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 42 confidently just like I ordered my iPhone 6 plus without trying it out. When Apple offers me more screen I take it ! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods