Apple Watch Edition concern

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking we all know mostly celebrities and high net worth individuals are the ones that will be buying this. The celebs already have bodyguards but for anyone else buying. I would think it might become a security concern. Personally I'd be scared that I would be the target of possibly mugging or theft. I mean if someone ripped someone's fingers off to steal an iPad what about a 10K device?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking we all know mostly celebrities and high net worth individuals are the ones that will be buying this. The celebs already have bodyguards but for anyone else buying. I would think it might become a security concern. Personally I'd be scared that I would be the target of possibly mugging or theft. I mean if someone ripped someone's fingers off to steal an iPad what about a 10K device?

I'm sure they have Rolex watches worth way more than that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah but that's the thing I think there will be way more higher paid regular joes able to afford a 10K watch as opposed to a 200K Rolex.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
but you can't really tell is a Rolex from far away (unless you're a watch person)
apple watch on the other hand.. you'll be able to tell from far away, and as you get closer and you see gold.. you will immediately know that's at least $10k

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's small print on Apple's website that says the Edition can only be purchased online.
So I think that when the others can be purchased in the store you still can't purchase the Edition in the store.

a4b2c50bbd851de72f5bf9112e059e95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
There's small print on Apple's website that says the Edition can only be purchased online.
So I think that when the others can be purchased in the store you still can't purchase the Edition in the store.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/a4b2c50bbd851de72f5bf9112e059e95.jpg

I hope that is an online order with a store pick up.
I'm not buying one, but can't imagine having a $17,000 watch delivered to my house while I'm at work.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not buying one, but can't imagine having a $17,000 watch delivered to my house while I'm at work.

Probably so 17k for a watch is out of my pay grade.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

A person spending $17,000 on a watch like this isn't concerned with having things delivered to their home while they are at work...they'll either be working from home, have a concierge or someone trusted to sign for it at any given time anyways. One of the perks of being wealthy enough to afford such things is also being able to afford the luxury of having such security methods.

Hell, I'm not even close to wealthy enough to afford one of these top tier Apple watches, and I have a concierge in my building that signs for everything, logs it into a system that notifies me and keeps the stuff in a secured room with specific smartcard access for residents only.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Those people have jewelry insurance that covers theft, loss, damage etc. They are not taking a huge risk like that without being compensated if something happens.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
true true and I just thought. You know there are going to be Watches that end up in police evidence lockers. We all know drug dealers are gonna have to have the latest and greatest lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

My neighbor at work who deals in high-end watches has gotten Rolex Daytonas and such delivered by UPS without a problem even when he's not at work. It's not that big a deal, really.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW