The sports version is lighter, and comes with bands that can handle sweat, etc.

But because the sapphire is more expensive & higher quality, they were reserved for the other tow versions.

I think the ion x will still be strong, but just not as strong as sapphire.
    I believe I read somewhere that the ion-x glass is more shatter resistant than the sapphire. I'd imagine that would come in handy to people like me who are always banging their watches on stuff working/playing/exercising.
    04-16-2015 06:27 PM
    I believe I read somewhere that the ion-x glass is more shatter resistant than the sapphire. I'd imagine that would come in handy to people like me who are always banging their watches on stuff working/playing/exercising.
    Yep. Sapphire is more scratch resistant but more brittle. Rumor has it that's why Apple hasn't been able to put sapphire on the larger surface of a phone. Ion-x glass is less likely to crack or shatter but not quite as scratch resistant.
    04-16-2015 07:10 PM
    Yeah for the price it should have the more durable screen. I mean like you said they are calling it "sport"
    "Sport" has nothing to do with durability. It's a style.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-16-2015 08:44 PM
    "Sport" has nothing to do with durability. It's a style.

Yes but sport is more rough and physical compared to other "lifestyles"

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    04-16-2015 08:49 PM
    Yes but sport is more rough and physical compared to other "lifestyles"

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    One would think! But Apple is selling style. Thus the kinky colored bands for the Sport model. And by "Sport", they're probably referring to runners, and working out in gyms, rather than rugged work situations.

04-17-2015 10:27 AM
    Sport is just a name/style I don't believe it denotes durability.
    Ford makes a Explorer Sport that's 43k and a Explorer Limited that's 38k. One would think the limited would be the higher price because limited sounds exclusive.
    I doubt the Sport would survive a crash into a wall any more than the Limited.
    As far as the  Watches Sport can be looked at being more casual than the Watch and Edition and not necessarily more durable. It's just a name don't get caught up in it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iEd; 04-17-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-17-2015 10:51 AM
    One would think! But Apple is selling style. Thus the kinky colored bands for the Sport model. And by "Sport", they're probably referring to runners, and working out in gyms, rather than rugged work situations.

Even so, those are a little more demanding on the watch then if you are just wearing it for business or luxury. Guess only time will tell if they are more durable and hold up to the everyday bumps and nicks.
    04-17-2015 06:00 PM
32 12