When I first watched the presentation a few months back I was exited that  made a cool watch with an amazing build quality and design.
    But something in me just didn't feel it was necessary to buy a watch that I know will be dated by next year or even the year after. I've always been the type to buy the latest and greatest in  gadgets but this watch seems pretty pointless.
    I have an iPhone 6plus that does everything the watch can and I honestly wouldn't Wana call someone on my watch?
    Lol.....
    It's a great concept but don't think it's something I need....-
    Anyone in the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    mike1280 and anon(73368) like this.
    04-11-2015 11:55 PM
    For me at this current moment in time it's functionality is not worth $400 to me. I'll either wait till the second gen Watch or buy a used one on eBay for half.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    04-12-2015 12:09 AM
    To clarify, it's not that I "didn't decide to get the Watch". I DID decided NOT to get the Watch. To me, there is a difference.

But, yeah, I passed on the Watch, as well. Cool item, but not something that I see a need for, personally. I will definitely consider the next generation device when it's announced. But for now, I'm good.
    04-12-2015 12:42 AM
    I also decided not to get the Watch. At first I was like "ok, this is a new gadget that I must have". Then the prices were announced and I was immediately turned off. I may reconsider when the next generation watch is released.
    04-12-2015 12:50 AM
    I decided to pass on the first version. I'm not sold on the design (read: I don't find it attractive) and feature set is still limited for the price. And having only 9 watch faces is pretty weak sauce. Apple can say "millions of options" all they want, but really it's just changing little details of it. You're very likely to see another person with your watch face but maybe just in a different color. And given that to me a watch is about my personal style being limited in such a way plus only having apple's overpriced bands means you just end up looking like everyone else. I'll wait for more customization options and real watch apps and not just notification extensions.
    Hectorius likes this.
    04-12-2015 01:42 AM
    I was excited to get one a month or so back but decided against it. I'm getting a Yeti cooler instead for the same price.
    04-12-2015 02:41 AM
    I was excited to get one a month or so back but decided against it. I'm getting a Yeti cooler instead for the same price.
    My thoughts exactly.

Chrisy likes this.
    04-12-2015 02:44 AM
    At first I wanted one but after seeing the pricing in Canada, I started to think do I really need one and does it fit my needs for a watch. After thinking for a good while I decided not to get one since it would not improve my work flow plus the extra battery usage on my phone.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    04-12-2015 10:05 AM
    I've been very happy with my pebble for the last year plus and have decided to wait for the Pebble Time to come out this summer. It fits my needs quite well and the 7 day charge cycle can't be beat.
    04-12-2015 10:47 AM
    I'd say the whole watch fuss is "first world problems"😝
    04-12-2015 11:15 AM
    I've never enjoyed wearing a watch...I have two very nice ones given to me as gifts which cost a lot more than most of the sport and even mid range watch options from Apple, and I never even consider wearing them anywhere unless my wife asks me to for an event or whatever.

I think the tech is cool, and I enjoy the idea of having exercise really monitored, but at the end of the day, it's something I don't really want, something I can't see myself using regularly like you should to get any value out of it, and while I happily ordered my wife's, I used the same money and bought myself half season tickets for the Braves, lol!
    ladyc0524 and mmcfly23 like this.
    04-12-2015 12:21 PM
    I'm sitting round one of the Apple Watch out. My gut tells me version two will have drastic improvements, and at the current price point combined with the 1st generation "issues" I cannot add another Apple device to my purchasing cycle...
    04-12-2015 12:48 PM
    The Apple Watch looks like a great device but I'm not getting one because it isn't for me. As much as I use and enjoy technology, an old school watch with Roman numerals and a moving second hand is still something I treasure.
    04-12-2015 01:10 PM
    You would have to pay me to wear one of those things. Personally the last thing I need in my life is another screen let alone one strapped to my body.
    Miska Hietala likes this.
    04-12-2015 01:16 PM
    Way too expensive. Can't imagine ever having any type of smart watch. For me, my $20 Casio watch, and my $10 Quartz watch (for special occasions) is good enough.
    Last edited by Yossi12; 04-12-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    04-12-2015 07:46 PM
    You would have to pay me to wear one of those things. Personally the last thing I need in my life is another screen let alone one strapped to my body.
    Could they entice you with a little blinky light?

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.
    04-12-2015 07:52 PM
    Could they entice you with a little blinky light?

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.
    I do like blinky things.
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    04-12-2015 08:16 PM
    I decided not to get one. I tried it out and it's a more expensive moto 360. I'm waiting for the second generation of the apple watch.
    04-12-2015 08:59 PM
    Way too expensive. Can't imagine ever having any type of smart watch. For me, my $20 Casio watch, and my $10 Quartz watch (for special occasions) is good enough.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it has nothing to do with being "too expensive", it has to do with not being marketed to someone like you at all. Kind of like a Porsche...I'm guessing that'd be "too expensive" as well in your opinion...but the truth is, it's not at all, it's just not made for you.
    04-12-2015 09:13 PM
    I decided when there were nothing but rumors that I wasn't going to get one of these things when they were available. It's just another thing to worry about being charged and making sure I don't forget when I leave the house.
    04-12-2015 09:48 PM
    Ah I just don't find the need for it. I stopped wearing watches as soon as I became more engaged with my iPhone. If any, I find it a distraction and will make me use my iPhone less.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    04-12-2015 10:25 PM
    Nope and for one reason ... Battery life .. I have a pebble works for what I need it I don't think I would use all the other features a apple watch has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carrickfergus likes this.
    04-13-2015 02:25 AM
    I was a bit afraid of creating this thread cause I thought y'all would think I would be trolling over the  watch lol..... But it's good to see people agree with me here on this forum....

04-13-2015 02:27 AM
    In < 2 years Apple Watch 1.0 will be obsolete. Smart watch tech is in its infancy and I'll wait until the technology develops further and more developers get on board... and for the beta testers, er, early adopters to send in their bug reports. As it stands the Apple Watch (or any other smart watch for that matter) doesn't offer features that I find compelling. However, it will be interesting to see this trend develop and one or two years from now the market should be quite lively.
    04-13-2015 04:08 AM
    I haven't held any interest in a smart watch since inception and Apple's has not changed that. The price, feature set, and possibility of being replaced by the next version sooner, rather than later, hold no bearing on my decision not to get one. I am simply not a watch wearer to begin with. Also, I always have my phone with me. I don't need a watch to send me alerts, my phone does that. I don't need it for time, weather, or calls...my phone does that. You get the point. Lastly, I was finally given a phone with the screen size I had been clamoring for. I am not about to start spending time on a screen the size of a stamp.

Kudos to Apple for taking the smart watch concept and making it beautiful. By all accounts the Apple watch appears to be every bit of the quality and design that Apple excels at. But at the end of the day, to me, a smart watch....any smart watch....is an attempt to coerce people to buy something they don't really need. Cleverly marketed as fresh innovation in an ever maturing electronics market.
    Last edited by finn5975; 04-13-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Clarifying thoughts
    04-13-2015 11:29 AM
40 12