Who DIDNT decide to get the  watch?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ah I just don't find the need for it. I stopped wearing watches as soon as I became more engaged with my iPhone. If any, I find it a distraction and will make me use my iPhone less.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope and for one reason ... Battery life .. I have a pebble works for what I need it I don't think I would use all the other features a apple watch has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I was a bit afraid of creating this thread cause I thought y'all would think I would be trolling over the  watch lol..... But it's good to see people agree with me here on this forum....

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

G Stoned

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
In < 2 years Apple Watch 1.0 will be obsolete. Smart watch tech is in its infancy and I'll wait until the technology develops further and more developers get on board... and for the beta testers, er, early adopters to send in their bug reports. As it stands the Apple Watch (or any other smart watch for that matter) doesn't offer features that I find compelling. However, it will be interesting to see this trend develop and one or two years from now the market should be quite lively.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't held any interest in a smart watch since inception and Apple's has not changed that. The price, feature set, and possibility of being replaced by the next version sooner, rather than later, hold no bearing on my decision not to get one. I am simply not a watch wearer to begin with. Also, I always have my phone with me. I don't need a watch to send me alerts, my phone does that. I don't need it for time, weather, or calls...my phone does that. You get the point. Lastly, I was finally given a phone with the screen size I had been clamoring for. I am not about to start spending time on a screen the size of a stamp.

Kudos to Apple for taking the smart watch concept and making it beautiful. By all accounts the Apple watch appears to be every bit of the quality and design that Apple excels at. But at the end of the day, to me, a smart watch....any smart watch....is an attempt to coerce people to buy something they don't really need. Cleverly marketed as fresh innovation in an ever maturing electronics market.

Last edited:

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't held any interest in a smart watch since inception and Apple's has not changed that. The price, feature set, and possibility of being replaced by the next version sooner, rather than later, hold no bearing on my decision not to get one. I am simply not a watch wearer to begin with. Also, I always have my phone with me. I don't need a watch to send me alerts, my phone does that. I don't need it for time, weather, or calls...my phone does that. You get the point. Lastly, I was finally given a phone with the screen size I had been clamoring for. I am not about to start spending time on a screen the size of a stamp.

Kudos to Apple for taking the smart watch concept and making it beautiful. By all accounts the Apple watch appears to be every bit of the quality and design that Apple excels at. But at the end of the day, to me, a smart watch....any smart watch....is an attempt to coerce people to buy something they don't really need. Cleverly marketed as fresh innovation in an ever maturing electronics market.

Well said Finn. On point and I agree wholeheartedly with all your comments.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm done getting first gen product. I do not see me spending over 400 on a smartwatch and for something that is still in it infancy stage.

Pebble is more what I need and want and has been through three gem already.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
funnily none of the main gripes (first gen product, price) put me off, but what ultimately made me not order mine was the shipping times. No way, jose. If I have to wait until mid June even if I ordered now I might as well think about it a little longer and perhaps grab one once they're available in stock. I doubt that'll be much later than end of June. Having said that, I feel my personal hype for the watch is wearing off already, so I doubt I'm going to want one later this year.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I decided not to get one. Saw the presentation and liked it but at $500 dollars or so it isn't worth it imo. I will wait till it's on sale (doubtful) or a good enough reason to spend $500 on it

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
After playing with one while being a bit buzzed from a good drink, I really decided the watch was too complicated. It's interface really bugged me.... =/

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
At first I wanted one but after seeing the pricing in Canada, I started to think do I really need one and does it fit my needs for a watch. After thinking for a good while I decided not to get one since it would not improve my work flow plus the extra battery usage on my phone.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Same. Plus, its a 1st gen device. They usually have many problems with them at first.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
funnily none of the main gripes (first gen product, price) put me off, but what ultimately made me not order mine was the shipping times. No way, jose. If I have to wait until mid June even if I ordered now I might as well think about it a little longer and perhaps grab one once they're available in stock. I doubt that'll be much later than end of June. Having said that, I feel my personal hype for the watch is wearing off already, so I doubt I'm going to want one later this year.

True, by June, they are gonna be selling them at Best Buy and they are gonna have promotions and is gonna be much cheaper. LOL

Andrawer

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Battery life. Even though I switched back to iPhone last fall specifically to get the iwatch, when I found out less than a day for Battery life I decided to wait for other options in the future.

Charging daily is a hassle, I don't think it would last on my longer bicycle training / events, and definitely not last for backpacking. Oh well.

I had at least 3 other Android based smartwatches in the last 18 months and <day battery life was the reason I returned each one. Major hassle.

I predict the majority of the 2.8million will try their new iWatch for a month then it will sit in the drawer.

So even though I usually buy 1st release versions ...this time i decided to wait.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Reading up on the Apple Watch has got me looking into cheaper alternatives actually, but the Apple Watch I will definitely pass on due to the price. The fact it needs to be charged daily and doesn't display all the time also are rather big turn offs. It's a nice concept though, but I need a watch that acts like a watch.

Yossi12

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it has nothing to do with being "too expensive", it has to do with not being marketed to someone like you at all. Kind of like a Porsche...I'm guessing that'd be "too expensive" as well in your opinion...but the truth is, it's not at all, it's just not made for you.

True.
But I'd be way too worried about a watch that's more than $40, especially since i like to take it off, and play around with it. Also, it just doesn't entice me. My watch does exactly what I want it to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner