Who DIDNT decide to get the  watch?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When I first watched the presentation a few months back I was exited that  made a cool watch with an amazing build quality and design.
But something in me just didn't feel it was necessary to buy a watch that I know will be dated by next year or even the year after. I've always been the type to buy the latest and greatest in  gadgets but this watch seems pretty pointless.
I have an iPhone 6plus that does everything the watch can and I honestly wouldn't Wana call someone on my watch?
Lol.....
It's a great concept but don't think it's something I need....-
Anyone in the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
For me at this current moment in time it's functionality is not worth $400 to me. I'll either wait till the second gen Watch or buy a used one on eBay for half.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
To clarify, it's not that I "didn't decide to get the Watch". I DID decided NOT to get the Watch. To me, there is a difference.

But, yeah, I passed on the Watch, as well. Cool item, but not something that I see a need for, personally. I will definitely consider the next generation device when it's announced. But for now, I'm good.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I also decided not to get the Watch. At first I was like "ok, this is a new gadget that I must have". Then the prices were announced and I was immediately turned off. I may reconsider when the next generation watch is released.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I decided to pass on the first version. I'm not sold on the design (read: I don't find it attractive) and feature set is still limited for the price. And having only 9 watch faces is pretty weak sauce. Apple can say "millions of options" all they want, but really it's just changing little details of it. You're very likely to see another person with your watch face but maybe just in a different color. And given that to me a watch is about my personal style being limited in such a way plus only having apple's overpriced bands means you just end up looking like everyone else. I'll wait for more customization options and real watch apps and not just notification extensions.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was excited to get one a month or so back but decided against it. I'm getting a Yeti cooler instead for the same price.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At first I wanted one but after seeing the pricing in Canada, I started to think do I really need one and does it fit my needs for a watch. After thinking for a good while I decided not to get one since it would not improve my work flow plus the extra battery usage on my phone.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been very happy with my pebble for the last year plus and have decided to wait for the Pebble Time to come out this summer. It fits my needs quite well and the 7 day charge cycle can't be beat.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never enjoyed wearing a watch...I have two very nice ones given to me as gifts which cost a lot more than most of the sport and even mid range watch options from Apple, and I never even consider wearing them anywhere unless my wife asks me to for an event or whatever.

I think the tech is cool, and I enjoy the idea of having exercise really monitored, but at the end of the day, it's something I don't really want, something I can't see myself using regularly like you should to get any value out of it, and while I happily ordered my wife's, I used the same money and bought myself half season tickets for the Braves, lol!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm sitting round one of the Apple Watch out. My gut tells me version two will have drastic improvements, and at the current price point combined with the 1st generation "issues" I cannot add another Apple device to my purchasing cycle...

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The Apple Watch looks like a great device but I'm not getting one because it isn't for me. As much as I use and enjoy technology, an old school watch with Roman numerals and a moving second hand is still something I treasure.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You would have to pay me to wear one of those things. Personally the last thing I need in my life is another screen let alone one strapped to my body.

Yossi12

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Way too expensive. Can't imagine ever having any type of smart watch. For me, my $20 Casio watch, and my $10 Quartz watch (for special occasions) is good enough.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Way too expensive. Can't imagine ever having any type of smart watch. For me, my $20 Casio watch, and my $10 Quartz watch (for special occasions) is good enough.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it has nothing to do with being "too expensive", it has to do with not being marketed to someone like you at all. Kind of like a Porsche...I'm guessing that'd be "too expensive" as well in your opinion...but the truth is, it's not at all, it's just not made for you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I decided when there were nothing but rumors that I wasn't going to get one of these things when they were available. It's just another thing to worry about being charged and making sure I don't forget when I leave the house.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro