Heart Rate Monitor Question?

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to an Apple Store today to try on some watches. I pre-ordered a couple of them but not sure now if they will do what I want. The sales person stated that the heart rate monitor feature only checked the heart rate once every 10 minutes. That would be useless as an exercise watch where I would want to see my heart rate more frequently ( real time). I am question gif the sales person was correct?

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll get the first one in 4-6 weeks so I will find out. I am disappointed that there is no more detailed information on this. Hopefully it's not style over substance.. I am looking for something that can replace my Polar HRM watch as well as do other things.

lowlifeplayer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
From my understanding the watch does a continuous heart rate check when it is in exercise mode. The checking every ten minutes is what it does throughout the day. I sure hope that is the case. I will know when mine arrives in about 5 weeks.

akanne

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Of course, because otherwise that optical sensor would burn through the battery way too fast. That being said, the Apple Watch doesn't really feel like a replacement for a proper sports watch for more than casual exercise due to the various limitations and lack of GPS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2