If Android Wear was a lot cheaper, would you get it instead of the Apple watch?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Assuming that Android wear would function with the iPhone , which it seems likely in the future (though not fully) , would you get it instead, if the price was right? I ask because I saw the LG G Watch new for $50 earlier today.

Some people mainly need notification and call capabilities, and I suspect that this will work with Android wear in the future.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The apple watch is more expensive that android wear and I've ordered one of those so price isn't a reason for me not to get an android wear watch.

However I'm not keen on the way any of the android wear watches look. The best looking is the new LG urbane. The rest look clunky. The Galaxy gear watches look nice though but they only work with Galaxy phones and at the moment I don't have one.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
no it's a personal choice. The Android Wear smartwatches I've seen don't make me want to own it. Just like there are cheaper smartphones and tablet devices the cost is not the primary concern. Pricing is a concern meaning that if it's acceptable I will buy if it's not I wont. It doesn't mean I will buy something else just because it's cheaper.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Never. I can't even feign the slightest interest in friends' non-Apple tech. Except Fitbit. I like that.

TGR1

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Pebble so one unattractive, not so well designed model is enough for me :biggrin:

I like my Pebble but it leaves me wanting. Can't imagine an Android Wear would be much of an improvement.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Android watches are cheaper because they are inside and out. People are not buying those watches because they are UGLY!!! I bought my dad a Moto 360 for Christmas (because he is not an apple fan which he and I disagree on) and he had me return it for its uselessness and ugliness. This coming from a man who likes watches and Android devices. Watches have to be worn so they have to have that WANT factor. These are luxury items. A want not a need. So if you are going to put something out there as a product in the WANT category, android watches are not the way to go. Unless you are willing to give it away for free like most of the Android phones out there today.

eh-up

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
No. I really don't like the style of the watches so far and I really don't like the UI at all.

Price is irrelevant.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
No, if not for the Apple Watch, I would not own a smartwatch. . . . And really, I don’t mind spending more money on a quality product.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I do NOT like Android enough at all for it to be my main platform. And before I get labeled as a sheep, which is want Android fanboys want to do, I have had two android phones and I have a Nexus 7. So no.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711