How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My appointment (10 am yesterday) went great. The 38 mm was definitely the right choice for me. My wrist is 150 mm / 6 in. I was worried that the display would be too small to see, but it was gorgeous! I could even read it without my reading glasses. :)

Here is a picture with the model I ordered:
image.jpg

Laura

iChris8

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I had a appointment for 11:35 but went in at 10:30 and surprisingly the store was not crowded at all. I was able to walk in and get my Apple watch fitting done right away. By the way I went to the nanuet store in ny.

My sa was really great I thought that he did a good job of explaining the watch to me. I personally thought that I knew way more than my sa but I just let him do the talking and corrected him a couple times (in my head of course).

So my story is that I was able to do the 3am Apple watch preorder and reserve not only my 42 mm space grey sport watch but the bright blue leather loop. My watch has the time frame of 4/24-5/8 while my extra band shipping estimate is 4/29-5/12.

The months before preordering I like many was unsure of the size to get. I'm a man with small 7 inch wrists and I was worried if 42 mm would be too big. My appointment today confirmed that I made the right choice in ordering the larger size.

First impressions of the watch was that boy were they much much smaller and lighter than I had previously expected. Each watch I tried on was beautiful in my opinion. Even the quality of the sport bands were great. Unfortunately I was not able to creat the combo that I ordered (42 space grey sport with blue leather loop), but I was impressed by how comfortable the watch was. I was unsure of the leather loop being secured by a magnet but I was wrong. The leather loop was a perfect fit, to me it felt like there was magnets inside the band making the contact when the band overlapped very secure. I had a really good time trying on the watches. I even played with a working demo for about 30 minutes before leaving.

On thing to note is that with Apple products come accessibility options. The watch' text can be enlarged and there is even an option for the text to be in bold.

iMoreAppImg_20150411_151422.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151435.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151422.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151440.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151422.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151422.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151446.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151451.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151455.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150411_151440.jpg

Attachments

• iMoreAppImg_20150411_151355.jpg
    iMoreAppImg_20150411_151355.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 51

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Already had ordered the 42mm Milanese band, but made an appointment to try on the watch to see how it felt. Also,made one for my wife...who had NO interest in buying one...just for the heck of it. The girl that "handled" us was very knowledgable...so much to the point that she sold my wife on the 38mm Sport. Anyway, the Milanese fit PERFECTLY and thats coming from someone with not so large wrists. The watch itself is an amazing piece of technology. Looks great! Absolutely cannot wait to get this in a couple weeks.

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So I took my hour drive to try on the Watch. I had pre-ordered the 42mm White Sport, but that one wasn't available to try on. I tried the Space Gray 42mm Sport and the 42mm SS with Milanese Loop. My wrist is 170mm. Sorry for the lack of pics. I handed my hubby my phone and this was all he got. :(

The Apple associate who helped me was awesome, BTW. I had no issues with my appointment at all.

Summary: The Watch is beautiful. It feels great on. I'm glad I got the 42mm. I'm going to also buy the Milanese Loop.

IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg

blueyz628

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
So I took my hour drive to try on the Watch. I had pre-ordered the 42mm White Sport, but that one wasn't available to try on. I tried the Space Gray 42mm Sport and the 42mm SS with Milanese Loop. My wrist is 170mm. Sorry for the lack of pics. I handed my hubby my phone and this was all he got. :(

The Apple associate who helped me was awesome, BTW. I had no issues with my appointment at all.

Summary: The Watch is beautiful. It feels great on. I'm glad I got the 42mm. I'm going to also buy the Milanese Loop.

View attachment 79844
View attachment 79845
View attachment 79846

I have the same size wrist and I was waiting for your reply... I also ordered the 42mm Sport. Thanks for posting pics, it looks really good! Question: how well will the Milanese look on the Sport? Do the metals clash? I ordered one as well but now I'm wondering how it will look...

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same size wrist and I was waiting for your reply... I also ordered the 42mm Sport. Thanks for posting pics, it looks really good! Question: how well will the Milanese look on the Sport? Do the metals clash? I ordered one as well but now I'm wondering how it will look...

The connector on the loop has a brushed look where it joins the band. The aluminum is a lighter silver color, but I don't think it will look bad. You can see the difference in the pic with the white sport and SS loop next to it. It won't bother me, but it might you.

I wish they had a "silver" 42mm Sport at my try on. If so I was going to ask to put the loop on it.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
It was really cool. I only got pictures of the pins in the band holder cavity, I did get to try on the kind that I preordered though.

blueyz628

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
The connector on the loop has a brushed look where it joins the band. The aluminum is a lighter silver color, but I don't think it will look bad. You can see the difference in the pic with the white sport and SS loop next to it. It won't bother me, but it might you.

I wish they had a "silver" 42mm Sport at my try on. If so I was going to ask to put the loop on it.

Thanks for your input! I'm not a "matchy matchy" girl so that won't bother me at all. I wasn't sure if the loop band had a shiny part near the watch, that may have looked odd. My loop band should be here sometime in May, I'll post pics if you haven't decided/ordered by then.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures. But is the one SS one upside down on the left hand? Vs it's crown is up right other the other ones you tried on

YES! I know!

We had one of the first Apple Watch appointments that our store had. Our person was putting the watch on us. When she was putting it wrong on me, I corrected her. My wife was a bit more polite.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay just making sure they didn't randomly place the band on the watch incorrectly. Would be foolish of them.

Yes, they did put it on my wife upside down.

All things considered, we were probably the second or third appointment of the day and from what I can tell the people got crash courses the night before. I can understand the slight mishap.

I politely corrected our sales lady when she was putting the band on me.

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Appointment went really well. Super helpful Apple employee, as usual. tried on both sizes of the sport. Haptic feedback was really nice, so much better than my MSFT Band. Really subtle and the different vibrations for different notifications was excellent. I'm a guy with a fairly small wrist. The 42 didn't look too big, and surprisingly the 38 didn't look too small. I ordered the 38mm sport, mainly because the 42mm was already backordered when I got my order in (at 12:02 btw). The Apple store guy confirmed there's no way to have the initial batch shipped to the store, and there's also no way to upgrade shipping to overnight. Guess we'll have to wait and keep our fingers crossed. Really want mine on the 24th,
I think I'd probably prefer the 42mm, but it was really close. Probably stick with the 38 until the 42's are available then ebay.

I'm in the same boat. I am a former watch guy, and haven't worn a watch for many years. My first Christmas gift to my now wife was a Movado watch that I picked out for her and she's loved it. Since then every single gift giving event she offers to get me a watch of my choice. Knowing an Apple Watch was seemingly inevitable, and probably more expensive then the watch I got her I've told her that I simply want permission to get one when they are released.

Sure enough my birthday party is scheduled for April 24th, and I have an Apple Watch with a leather loop (Link was backordered, and have a separate order for the band) and I want it to be in before I have to leave for my party.

Dumb story, but 2 birthdays and Christmas worth of telling her "Do whatever you want for now, but I want permission when the Apple Watch comes out" worked in my favor.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

Mine went really well and was very short LOL. I just tried on the space gray sport model with black which is the one I preordered. My quick impression is the watch is really light, looks sexy as hell in person and the band is really nice. I'm super excited!!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Last edited:

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had my appointment on Friday. I was uncertain which size watch and which band. I arrived 45 minutes early. I waited about 10 minutes and then was taken to try on watches. I have done a lot of reading and didn't learn anything new about the watches, but everyone was friendly and helpful. I learned that I liked the way the 38 better on my wrist. I also found that even though I did not like the Milanese band prior to my visit I fell in love with it on. They did not have every band or every size band. You could try on as many as you like and the associate I was working with asked her neighbor if they had a band I was interested in. I was very undecided when I went in and left knowing exactly what I wanted. My order was placed as I was leaving the store!

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I went to my appointment today and was surprised to see no one else with an appointment and the table was empty, except for the 3 or 4 employees waiting around. My friends were even able to try on watches without an appointment.

One thing that surprised me was how small the 38mm felt. I originally planned on getting the 38 based on how it looked on the Apple Store app. However the 42mm was the perfect size. The sport band felt very soft and comfortable, definitely not a cheap rubber band. Overall very impressed with the watch, now to wait until June to get one :(

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how many people will want to exchange their 38mm for a 42mm?

Thanks for confirming my choice to order the bigger watch. And I hope you get your watch sooner than June.

Jnorton2724

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I went in without an appointment and was able to check them out. The store wasn't very busy to my surprise. The watch is nice but I really don't see a reason to own one.

Stokkes

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Went in for my appointment today, originally ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport model.

I flip flopped around a lot between the 38 and 42. Both fit my relatively small wrists, but I find the 38 to be far more subtle and nuanced than the 42. The 42 screams "smart watch" to me.

I did however change my mind and went with the Stainless. Here's the thing, I tried the Space Gray with many other bands and the fact that it's all-black makes it clash with quite a few other band styles. The Space Gray with the link bracelet looked awful. Also, the Milanese loop with the Space Gray was not nice at all. I really wanted to get a Milanese Loop with the Space Gray as an extra strap, but after trying it on, it just doesn't look good.

In Canada anyway, my original order for a Space Gray was done about half an hour after 12pm PST, so my delivery date was June. However, I placed the order for the SS 38mm with black sport band right in the Apple Store and delivery was quicker, 4-6 weeks (Mid May).

I'll keep both orders and contemplate it some more. I didn't really want to get the Stainless steel due to price, but after actually trying it on, the SS is the only watch model that looks good with ALL the bands.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Went in for my appointment today, originally ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport model.

I flip flopped around a lot between the 38 and 42. Both fit my relatively small wrists, but I find the 38 to be far more subtle and nuanced than the 42. The 42 screams "smart watch" to me.

I did however change my mind and went with the Stainless. Here's the thing, I tried the Space Gray with many other bands and the fact that it's all-black makes it clash with quite a few other band styles. The Space Gray with the link bracelet looked awful. Also, the Milanese loop with the Space Gray was not nice at all. I really wanted to get a Milanese Loop with the Space Gray as an extra strap, but after trying it on, it just doesn't look good.

In Canada anyway, my original order for a Space Gray was done about half an hour after 12pm PST, so my delivery date was June. However, I placed the order for the SS 38mm with black sport band right in the Apple Store and delivery was quicker, 4-6 weeks (Mid May).

I'll keep both orders and contemplate it some more. I didn't really want to get the Stainless steel due to price, but after actually trying it on, the SS is the only watch model that looks good with ALL the bands.

The Apple employee who helped me was fantastic and she warned me about this very issue. She said the space gray sport watch doesn't really go with many of the bands (really the leather loop and that's it). She took the time to show me how the Milanese loop band looked against the space grey. It doesn't go at all, the steel against the space gray where the band clips into the watch makes it stand out and not in a good way. Since I only plan on wearing the sport band with the watch, not a concern for me but I wonder how many others will care? As for the 38 vs 42 it's going to come down to preference. Subtle is a perfect description for it. Although proportionately, I felt the 42 was the better fit for my wrist. Overall, really surprised how big the app makes the watch faces look. In person, they are much smaller.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner