How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I would love to hear from those who went to Apple Store for a "Try-On Appointment". I've got my appointment set for 1 hour from now.

I'll post back with my report in a few.

Please share if you have already had your appointment.

Thanks, Cody

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
They had several watches but not every model and every color at my station. The kid was super nice but I was by far more knowledgeable about the watch than him but it is day one and my appointment was the second of the day.

I tried on everything I was interested in, compared sizes and even tried some of the bands I previously wasn't considering but in the end was very impressed with them. We chatted for a bit, he ran the demo for me on a watch I had on so I could feel their version of vibrating alerts. I had already placed my order so that was it. Others were being helped to place an order online.

I checked out the new MacBook which was tiny. If the screen wasn't so small I'd consider getting that too.

Overall a very pleasant experience. The store wasn't crowded, I was helped early since I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment and wasn't rushed at all. They helped a few people without appointments try on the watch while I was there too.

Huge change from the days of waiting in giant lines only to end up with whatever color and size was left available.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
it was great- they had tons to try on- the people as always are super nice. If you are considering one I would absolutely do it. I will say was really having a hard time deciding which size I wanted so I ordered both last night- I am a female who likes big watches but the 42 was WAY too big for me.

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
it was great- they had tons to try on- the people as always are super nice. If you are considering one I would absolutely do it. I will say was really having a hard time deciding which size I wanted so I ordered both last night- I am a female who likes big watches but the 42 was WAY too big for me.

Eek.. I ordered a 42mm because I like big watches too. I hope my experience is different. I'm not going to try on until tomorrow.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

Actually 6.5" is 165mm which is close to the top of the range for women on Apple's sizing charts. I just measured myself at 170mm. Apple's size charts say that "most women" are in the 140mm to 175mm range and "most men" are 165mm to 195mm.
Thanks for the picture.

No problem. When I tried the band it was somewhere in the middle in terms on where it buckled.

Sent from my iPhone 6

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a small wrist. Just measured and it like 6.5 inches. The small band was perfect too. (snip)

Okay, thanks. My wrist is closer to 7 inches (just measured at 170mm) so hopefully I'll be happy. Wish I would have thought to order both too. Heh.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks. My wrist is closer to 7 inches so hopefully I'll be happy. Wish I would have thought to order both too. Heh.

Yeah when I measured the 6.5 is with a little slack. If I was measuring tight it was like 6.25 I just hate anything tight.

Sent from my iPhone 6

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered early morning with a shipping date in May. I'm considering pulling a no show to my appointment tonight. I don't even see the point of teasing myself. If I change my mind on a different watch then I'm SOL and most likely waiting until June

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has asked, but if someone is going to a future appointment, could you ask if the bands are going to be sold in stores on the 24th?

I wanted to order a black sports band, but online it's not shipping till May (it stated this at the pre order launch).

I would like to pick one up at the apple store if they plan on stocking them.

Thanks!

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I had an appointment earlier today during my lunch. It went pretty well. I mainly wanted to confirm the preorder I made at 2:02 CST for the 42mm sport white.

I've been borderline obsessed with watch info (as probably a lot of people here) and I must say that trying on the watch is definitely something you should do if you can. Pictures and video just don't do it justice. It's much lighter and smaller in person than I thought it would be.

As an original pebble owner, it's pretty comparable, size wise to the 42. I tried on a sport white in 38mm and a sport black in 42. They both fit my 166mm wrist just fine but the 42 fit more of my style and confirmed I made the right choice in my preorder. Though I didn't get a chance to play with the OS as the store I went to only showed me the watch in demo mode.

iMoreAppImg_20150410_171606.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150410_171627.jpg

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
4e9bc284da153aae0d083cebc58758f5.jpg

Quick appointment. Was fun. Watch was nice. Big screen. Lighter then I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

inmnbob

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I was surprised when I got to the Apple Store this morning that the line was long but when I walked up the line man said I can have the first appointment slot at 10:00 to try on a watch. Interesting that most people were there for the MacBook. Then I think the watch excitement captured their attention. The store personnel didn't know a lot they said they were trained at 8:30 that morning.

I thought the process where they have struck rules on how many watches they can show at a time was clumsy. Since I didn't know why size watch or band I wanted he was constantly opening the case, which wasn't quick and needed a security scan each time.

The watches we smaller and lighter than I thought they would be in the pictures. I have a 7.75 in wrist but thought the small watch with the classic back band looked really classy and would look good in a suit. The bigger watch wasn't a big as I thought but did have a different look. The Milanese band only fit me in the 44mm size. I was disappointed that not every model and combination was available.

bottom line I couldn't make up my mind. I didn't play with the software too much since it was in demo mode.

Fortunately for me I was able to buy online today both watches The small one with the black leather band and the. Large one with the Milanese band. I will play with them more when I get it and then make a decision on size and then get both bands. I really was convinced I was going to go small but now I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kajacee

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to try on a 42m Sport Watch with the small band but unfortunately they only had it with the large band. I am going to get the 42m one and hope that it fits. I have a 5 1/2" wrist but I like a bigger watch face.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have my try on spot set for tomorrow. I would have loved to pre order but I really need to figure out which size face and if can live with sport version or do I need to order the more expensive one. I hope that I like the sport version more then the $750 one that I think I want.

I'm also on the fence about just holding out and just waiting till gen 2 but that's highly unlikely.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Very fast! Got there at 10am for my 1045am appointment, didn't know if it was gonna be crazy or what, but surprisingly I got to try it on right away! The Sport model as well as the link bracelet, and Milanese! All felt great, it was super fast

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to try on a 42m Sport Watch with the small band but unfortunately they only had it with the large band. I am going to get the 42m one and hope that it fits. I have a 5 1/2" wrist but I like a bigger watch face.

Are you worried about the band fitting or just the face

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro