So I took my hour drive to try on the Watch. I had pre-ordered the 42mm White Sport, but that one wasn't available to try on. I tried the Space Gray 42mm Sport and the 42mm SS with Milanese Loop. My wrist is 170mm. Sorry for the lack of pics. I handed my hubby my phone and this was all he got.

The Apple associate who helped me was awesome, BTW. I had no issues with my appointment at all.

Summary: The Watch is beautiful. It feels great on. I'm glad I got the 42mm. I'm going to also buy the Milanese Loop.

How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?-img_0677.jpg
    How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?-img_0678.jpg
    How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?-img_0680.jpg
    04-11-2015 04:32 PM
    So I took my hour drive to try on the Watch. I had pre-ordered the 42mm White Sport, but that one wasn't available to try on. I tried the Space Gray 42mm Sport and the 42mm SS with Milanese Loop. My wrist is 170mm. Sorry for the lack of pics. I handed my hubby my phone and this was all he got.

The Apple associate who helped me was awesome, BTW. I had no issues with my appointment at all.

Summary: The Watch is beautiful. It feels great on. I'm glad I got the 42mm. I'm going to also buy the Milanese Loop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0677.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	79844

Name:	IMG_0678.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	79845

Name:	IMG_0680.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	79846
    I have the same size wrist and I was waiting for your reply... I also ordered the 42mm Sport. Thanks for posting pics, it looks really good! Question: how well will the Milanese look on the Sport? Do the metals clash? I ordered one as well but now I'm wondering how it will look...
    04-11-2015 05:29 PM
    I have the same size wrist and I was waiting for your reply... I also ordered the 42mm Sport. Thanks for posting pics, it looks really good! Question: how well will the Milanese look on the Sport? Do the metals clash? I ordered one as well but now I'm wondering how it will look...
    The connector on the loop has a brushed look where it joins the band. The aluminum is a lighter silver color, but I don't think it will look bad. You can see the difference in the pic with the white sport and SS loop next to it. It won't bother me, but it might you.

I wish they had a "silver" 42mm Sport at my try on. If so I was going to ask to put the loop on it.
    04-11-2015 05:51 PM
    It was really cool. I only got pictures of the pins in the band holder cavity, I did get to try on the kind that I preordered though.
    04-11-2015 06:42 PM
    The connector on the loop has a brushed look where it joins the band. The aluminum is a lighter silver color, but I don't think it will look bad. You can see the difference in the pic with the white sport and SS loop next to it. It won't bother me, but it might you.

I wish they had a "silver" 42mm Sport at my try on. If so I was going to ask to put the loop on it.
    Thanks for your input! I'm not a "matchy matchy" girl so that won't bother me at all. I wasn't sure if the loop band had a shiny part near the watch, that may have looked odd. My loop band should be here sometime in May, I'll post pics if you haven't decided/ordered by then.
    04-11-2015 08:51 PM
    Thanks for the pictures. But is the one SS one upside down on the left hand? Vs it's crown is up right other the other ones you tried on
    YES! I know!

We had one of the first Apple Watch appointments that our store had. Our person was putting the watch on us. When she was putting it wrong on me, I corrected her. My wife was a bit more polite.
    04-12-2015 02:31 AM
    Okay just making sure they didn't randomly place the band on the watch incorrectly. Would be foolish of them.
    Yes, they did put it on my wife upside down.

All things considered, we were probably the second or third appointment of the day and from what I can tell the people got crash courses the night before. I can understand the slight mishap.

I politely corrected our sales lady when she was putting the band on me.
    04-12-2015 02:34 AM
    Appointment went really well. Super helpful Apple employee, as usual. tried on both sizes of the sport. Haptic feedback was really nice, so much better than my MSFT Band. Really subtle and the different vibrations for different notifications was excellent. I'm a guy with a fairly small wrist. The 42 didn't look too big, and surprisingly the 38 didn't look too small. I ordered the 38mm sport, mainly because the 42mm was already backordered when I got my order in (at 12:02 btw). The Apple store guy confirmed there's no way to have the initial batch shipped to the store, and there's also no way to upgrade shipping to overnight. Guess we'll have to wait and keep our fingers crossed. Really want mine on the 24th,
    I think I'd probably prefer the 42mm, but it was really close. Probably stick with the 38 until the 42's are available then ebay.
    I'm in the same boat. I am a former watch guy, and haven't worn a watch for many years. My first Christmas gift to my now wife was a Movado watch that I picked out for her and she's loved it. Since then every single gift giving event she offers to get me a watch of my choice. Knowing an Apple Watch was seemingly inevitable, and probably more expensive then the watch I got her I've told her that I simply want permission to get one when they are released.

Sure enough my birthday party is scheduled for April 24th, and I have an Apple Watch with a leather loop (Link was backordered, and have a separate order for the band) and I want it to be in before I have to leave for my party.

Dumb story, but 2 birthdays and Christmas worth of telling her "Do whatever you want for now, but I want permission when the Apple Watch comes out" worked in my favor.
    04-12-2015 02:41 AM
    Mine went really well and was very short LOL. I just tried on the space gray sport model with black which is the one I preordered. My quick impression is the watch is really light, looks sexy as hell in person and the band is really nice. I'm super excited!!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    Last edited by swarlos; 04-12-2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Mr_Kracker likes this.
    04-12-2015 04:51 AM
    I had my appointment on Friday. I was uncertain which size watch and which band. I arrived 45 minutes early. I waited about 10 minutes and then was taken to try on watches. I have done a lot of reading and didn't learn anything new about the watches, but everyone was friendly and helpful. I learned that I liked the way the 38 better on my wrist. I also found that even though I did not like the Milanese band prior to my visit I fell in love with it on. They did not have every band or every size band. You could try on as many as you like and the associate I was working with asked her neighbor if they had a band I was interested in. I was very undecided when I went in and left knowing exactly what I wanted. My order was placed as I was leaving the store!
    04-12-2015 01:44 PM
    I went to my appointment today and was surprised to see no one else with an appointment and the table was empty, except for the 3 or 4 employees waiting around. My friends were even able to try on watches without an appointment.

One thing that surprised me was how small the 38mm felt. I originally planned on getting the 38 based on how it looked on the Apple Store app. However the 42mm was the perfect size. The sport band felt very soft and comfortable, definitely not a cheap rubber band. Overall very impressed with the watch, now to wait until June to get one
    04-12-2015 03:00 PM
    I wonder how many people will want to exchange their 38mm for a 42mm?

Thanks for confirming my choice to order the bigger watch. And I hope you get your watch sooner than June.
    04-12-2015 03:52 PM
    I went in without an appointment and was able to check them out. The store wasn't very busy to my surprise. The watch is nice but I really don't see a reason to own one.
    04-12-2015 03:52 PM
    Went in for my appointment today, originally ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport model.

I flip flopped around a lot between the 38 and 42. Both fit my relatively small wrists, but I find the 38 to be far more subtle and nuanced than the 42. The 42 screams "smart watch" to me.

I did however change my mind and went with the Stainless. Here's the thing, I tried the Space Gray with many other bands and the fact that it's all-black makes it clash with quite a few other band styles. The Space Gray with the link bracelet looked awful. Also, the Milanese loop with the Space Gray was not nice at all. I really wanted to get a Milanese Loop with the Space Gray as an extra strap, but after trying it on, it just doesn't look good.

In Canada anyway, my original order for a Space Gray was done about half an hour after 12pm PST, so my delivery date was June. However, I placed the order for the SS 38mm with black sport band right in the Apple Store and delivery was quicker, 4-6 weeks (Mid May).

I'll keep both orders and contemplate it some more. I didn't really want to get the Stainless steel due to price, but after actually trying it on, the SS is the only watch model that looks good with ALL the bands.
    04-12-2015 05:16 PM
    Went in for my appointment today, originally ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport model.

I flip flopped around a lot between the 38 and 42. Both fit my relatively small wrists, but I find the 38 to be far more subtle and nuanced than the 42. The 42 screams "smart watch" to me.

I did however change my mind and went with the Stainless. Here's the thing, I tried the Space Gray with many other bands and the fact that it's all-black makes it clash with quite a few other band styles. The Space Gray with the link bracelet looked awful. Also, the Milanese loop with the Space Gray was not nice at all. I really wanted to get a Milanese Loop with the Space Gray as an extra strap, but after trying it on, it just doesn't look good.

In Canada anyway, my original order for a Space Gray was done about half an hour after 12pm PST, so my delivery date was June. However, I placed the order for the SS 38mm with black sport band right in the Apple Store and delivery was quicker, 4-6 weeks (Mid May).

I'll keep both orders and contemplate it some more. I didn't really want to get the Stainless steel due to price, but after actually trying it on, the SS is the only watch model that looks good with ALL the bands.
    The Apple employee who helped me was fantastic and she warned me about this very issue. She said the space gray sport watch doesn't really go with many of the bands (really the leather loop and that's it). She took the time to show me how the Milanese loop band looked against the space grey. It doesn't go at all, the steel against the space gray where the band clips into the watch makes it stand out and not in a good way. Since I only plan on wearing the sport band with the watch, not a concern for me but I wonder how many others will care? As for the 38 vs 42 it's going to come down to preference. Subtle is a perfect description for it. Although proportionately, I felt the 42 was the better fit for my wrist. Overall, really surprised how big the app makes the watch faces look. In person, they are much smaller.
    Les74 likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:28 PM
    So I had a great experience. Only two setbacks - first was they didn't have the Space Black stainless steel to try on (which is what I ordered), and they only had a small in the stainless steel with Light Pink Modern Buckle, which doesn't fit my wife. Other than that, they were super cool. Let us try on as many different ones as we wanted, and even let me get the hang of securing the Link Bracelet, taking links out, etc. I was able to take the bands off the stainless steel, swap them, and even put the watch on/off myself, after I built a little trust with the employee that was showing them to me, and his manager. What I thought was most striking was when the Watch and the Watch Sport were without bands, there was a SIGNIFICANT difference in weight. Nice, if you're looking for something lighter, but I like my watches with more heft, so I'm super glad I went with the Watch. Also, sizes were smaller than I envisioned, so I'm glad I went with the 42mm (and my wife was glad she went with the 38mm).
    04-12-2015 10:45 PM
    At my spouse's appointment today, the store associate wouldn't even let him touch the watch. He put it on his wrist, let him move his arm around a bit to decide whether the size was right for him, then took it off and put it away. So, there's definitely a learning curve going on here. We weren't very impressed with the session.
    04-13-2015 03:53 AM
    Went Saturday afternoon. The associate could not have been more helpful and knew a lot about the watches. She had ordered one also. I went to see the 42mm Milanese band, and the Black SS Link watch. The SS Link watch was heavier than I had expected, and I am very happy with my choice. They let my wife try on anything she wanted to (not the Watch Edition, thank you), and now she will likely get one once the initial orders get shipped.

The store was set up nicely and they were ready. Since they were already into Saturday I am sure the major rush was over.

Glad I went with the 42mm and not the 38mm.
    Les74 likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:47 AM

Same thinking here. I like that the 38mm is more subtle because I see it from a fashion standpoint as well. I still think the display is big enough. On my very small wrist (although I'm male) the 42mm looked HUGE! So I went with the 38mm and classic leather buckle - delivery from 04/24 - 05/08. I hope it will be sooner rather than later

This is how the 38mm looks on my wrist

How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?-img_0051.jpg

How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?-img_0050.jpg
    04-13-2015 10:09 AM
    Same thinking here. I like that the 38mm is more subtle because I see it from a fashion standpoint as well. I still think the display is big enough. On my very small wrist (although I'm male) the 42mm looked HUGE! So I went with the 38mm and classic leather buckle - delivery from 04/24 - 05/08. I hope it will be sooner rather than later

This is how the 38mm looks on my wrist

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	652.8 KB 
ID:	79921

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	79922
    I wish your pictures were taken from the same distance. The disparity makes the comparison difficult. Did you crop the 42mm pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-13-2015 11:01 AM
    I made an appointment for later to day to see the Watch - mostly out of curiosity. After coming to the absolute realization that I will not wear an Watch or any watch, smart or not, I cancelled the appointment.

I have a lot of Apple stuff in my home (Macs, iPhones, iPads, routers, AppleTVs, etc) and my family uses iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch as their personal/mobile devices, almost universally. But for some reason, I cannot conjure up any interest in the Watch, personally.

Good luck to all of you who are excited, anxious and in your "feeding frenzy". I truly hope each of you gets the device that you are seeking.
    John Yester and Les74 like this.
    04-13-2015 11:18 AM
    Fine, don't be one of us then...... lol
    Les74 likes this.
    04-13-2015 11:28 AM
    Sorry forgot to do that...both of them are the 38mm on my wrist...
    04-13-2015 11:44 AM
    So are the appointments primarily just to try on the watches?

Is there any instructional info given? I heard that there's a a bit of a learning curve.

Also did anyone happen to hear if the apple store would be carrying bands in the stores at launch?
    04-13-2015 05:34 PM
    Can someone who tried the watch with the Milanese Loop tell me if the watch band will separate completely? I'm nearing the top range of the band size, and while I'm not really concerned about it fitting my wrist, I am worried about getting it over my hand when putting it on. I suppose I should have just tried one on when I was in the Apple Store the other day picking up a new iPad, but I'm hoping to keep the whole experience a surprise when I get mine delivered.
    04-18-2015 07:40 AM
98 1234