If you pre-ordered...

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What time did you place the order and what was your delivery?

My wife's was placed at 3:06a EDT and she got mid to late May!

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Crazy how a few min changes everything. It was June by 3:15

yea i originally was trying for the space greay 42mm watch sport but it gave me an error with my address and by time i fixed it it was 4-6 weeks delay so i switch to the silver version.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I woke up at 2:56, and by 3:03, the Apple watch 42mm with Milanese loop was already delayed to 4-6 weeks. I would have ordered a different model, but everyone of them were 4-6 freaking weeks.

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I ordered just past midnight here on the mobile app as the website was still down. I got a 4/24-5/8 ship date. Did anyone get a for sure 4/24 date? Wondering if they are just not sure when things will be ready.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
42mm Stainless Steel w/ Link Bracelet here! Ordered 2 minute after the Apple Store opened up. Was already at 4-6 weeks. "Estimated Delivery of May 13-27"

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Crazy how a few min changes everything. It was June by 3:15

yeah apple really dropped the ball with stock for the watches. Almost seems like they had no stock, they are building them as the orders came in. No way it should have slipped to months shipping time within a few minutes of launch. This isn't an iPhone after all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I ordered just past midnight here on the mobile app as the website was still down. I got a 4/24-5/8 ship date. Did anyone get a for sure 4/24 date? Wondering if they are just not sure when things will be ready.

It's funny how the numbers work out. The 24th is 14 days from the 10th and the 8th is 14 days from the 24th. So I think they just gave themselves a nice 1 month buffer for delivery. I think most people will get it on the 24th but if some deliveries are late or there aren't enough units then it doesn't lead to users complaining.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Typical purposely limited supply to drive the hype through the roof

I have heard this every year for many years now. You would think people would just accept it as normal by now insted of saying it like it's a sticking point.

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It's funny how the numbers work out. The 24th is 14 days from the 10th and the 8th is 14 days from the 24th. So I think they just gave themselves a nice 1 month buffer for delivery. I think most people will get it on the 24th but if some deliveries are late or there aren't enough units then it doesn't lead to users complaining.

It's pretty standard under-promise/over-deliver. Better to give yourself more buffer room than have angry calls after the fact.

MattDing

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
42mm Stainless Steel w/ Link Bracelet here! Ordered 2 minute after the Apple Store opened up. Was already at 4-6 weeks. "Estimated Delivery of May 13-27"

This was also the watch I ordered and had it saved as my only favorite.

I'm not trying to brag but I ordered QUICK. I clicked Account, Favorite, that Watch, Buy With ApplePay and held my thumb on the home button. Boom, boom, boom, boom, hold.

I didn't even pause to order AppleCare.

My CONFIRMATION EMAIL is time stamped at 3:01 and my delivery date is the same as yours - May 13-27.

If they had ANY 42MM Stainless with link bracelets that shipped by the 24th the supply had to have been minuscule.

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This was also the watch I ordered and had it saved as my only favorite.

I'm not trying to brag but I ordered QUICK. I clicked Account, Favorite, that Watch, Buy With ApplePay and held my thumb on the home button. Boom, boom, boom, boom, hold.

I didn't even pause to order AppleCare.

My CONFIRMATION EMAIL is time stamped at 3:01 and my delivery date is the same as yours - May 13-27.

If they had ANY 42MM Stainless with link bracelets that shipped by the 24th the supply had to have been minuscule.

Dang that was efficient!

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that maybe they are just lying about half the delivery dates. When I went to order mine, even at 3:02, the Stainless Steel with a Milanese loop was already at 4-6 weeks. My order was placed around 3:18, but that was because I was staring at confusion on a new tab where I was double checking to see if there was a mistake.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Oddly, up in Canada, the Milanese loop watches were in stock for 4/24-5/8 for quite some time. (Like 20 minutes or so.)

On the other hand, the leather loop watches (which is what I wanted going in) were at 4-6 weeks as of 3:02 AM.

So I was: 3:05 AM (three minutes' hesitation), 42mm SS with Milanese loop. 24/4-8/5 delivery.

Just broke down and ordered a stone leather loop, which'll deliver in 2-4 weeks. (1-14 May.)

Apple is Apple. We'll be annoyed till we get our stuff, then happy. In a few weeks, it'll all be forgotten.

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The Milanese loop is nice but smaller than I expected. It was snug around my hand when I put the watch on and took it off

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro