I tried (and failed) to make a reservation for an Apple Store in the nearest city to me. I'm planning on visiting in a week.

The reservation system is up and running. They have plenty of slots for this weekend, then nothing at all for the weekdays next week, and don't allow reservations more than one week in advance.

Seems really unlikely to me that they would have slots this weekend, yet be fully booked during the week. So I'm guessing the system isn't correctly configured yet.

Anyone else seeing anything similar?
    04-10-2015 09:58 AM
    Then again, too many people may have assumed that the weekend would be super busy and opted to schedule during the weekday...
    04-10-2015 10:00 AM
    I made an appointment this morning at around 7:30 for today at 11:30 am- I will be going to the New Haven Connecticut store
    04-10-2015 10:01 AM
    I made an appointment this morning at around 7:30 for today at 11:30 am- I will be going to the New Haven Connecticut store
    Do you need to preorder first to make an appointment or can you just make an appointment to test one out at the store? Some say you need an Apple ID to preorder one, others are saying you must bring in a compatible IPhone to the store. Sorry for my ignorance, there seems to be some confusion or conflicting info floating around.
    04-10-2015 10:39 AM
    Do you need to preorder first to make an appointment or can you just make an appointment to test one out at the store? Some say you need an Apple ID to preorder one, others are saying you must bring in a compatible IPhone to the store. Sorry for my ignorance, there seems to be some confusion or conflicting info floating around.
    That's ok- they asked me for my apple id to make the appointment. I paid for the watches last night or wicked early this morning but I was already signed in on my Apple Store app-

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:47 AM
    same here weekdays are booked solid because I wanted to go in next week. I'm not in a rush I have 14 daysish till it gets here.
    04-10-2015 11:08 AM
    That's ok- they asked me for my apple id to make the appointment. I paid for the watches last night or wicked early this morning but I was already signed in on my Apple Store app-

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Thanks, and congrats on your order. So I wonder if I can create an Apple ID, but not pay anything for online, but just want to make an appontment. In other words, is the preorder necessary to make an appointment to try out the Watch?

Add: would you please post your experience from today's appointment?
    04-10-2015 11:08 AM
    Thanks, and congrats on your order. So I wonder if I can create an Apple ID, but not pay anything for online, but just want to make an appontment. In other words, is the preorder necessary to make an appointment to try out the Watch?
    No you won't need to preorder to try it on. Just need to make the appointment. Good luck- let us know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone 6
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-10-2015 11:10 AM
    Experience making an in-store appointment?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1428681048.834233.jpg
    38mm

Sent from my iPhone 6
    04-10-2015 11:51 AM
    I am stopping in this weekend just to check things out.
    04-10-2015 12:04 PM