Time: 4:05 pm JST ( 12:05 PST )

Method: Apple Store app on iPhone 6+

Model: Apple Watch 42mm Sport - Space Grey / Black Band

Quoted ETA: 5/11- 5/22

The online Apple store was AWOL here in Japan for the entirety of my order and confirmation process - I was prepared for this and had the Apple Store app ready to go on my iPhone, just in case...

Managed to connect at about 3 minutes past go time - selection process was quick - logged into my account and unfortunately there was a problem with my listed phone numbers... On its own this should not have been a problem but because I am ordering from the Japanese Apple Store the app was only displaying in Japanese and it took about 90 seconds for me to straighten out my account information...

Probably this small delay bumped off the initial ship date but I am not displeased with early May as I can roll over the CC payment for another month as Apple doesn't charge the card until shipment...

I have since gone into my Apple Account management page and corrected the incorrect items that caused my delay in ordering - - This won't happen again...
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-15-2015 03:02 AM
    I have since gone into my Apple Account management page and corrected the incorrect items that caused my delay in ordering - - This won't happen again...
    I had problems with the phone number as well. It appeared to be fine on the order page (I just deleted it to continue). When I went into the account page later I saw that the area code field was blank and the area code was included with the rest of the number. All fixed now.
    04-15-2015 05:13 AM
    That's true. And I only spend a few seconds with it. I was in the bit of a hurry, and a walk-in, so it was a quick comparison.
    04-15-2015 12:55 PM
    Haha , I would but the black band isn't shipping till May, so I'll be rocking the white band!
    04-15-2015 12:57 PM
    Lots of people are going for the space grey with black strap.

Time: 8:09 am GMT
    Method: Apple Store app on iPhone 6+
    Model: Apple Watch 42mm Sport - Aluminium / Blue Band (probably will order a black band at a later date for more formal occasions)
    Quoted ETA: 12/5- 26/5
    04-15-2015 06:38 PM
    Time: 2:03 CST
    Watch: 42mm Space Gray Sport
    Shipping:4/24-5/8
    Ordered on Apple Store app on iPhone 6
    Just for kicks I kept refreshing my MBA and MBP and it took until 2:08CST to access the store via Safari.
    Texas
    04-15-2015 09:57 PM
    Damn I should have put a poll to choose between the site and the apple store app. Just my sense from the thread is that a lot more people used the app. I was going to use the app myself but didn't want to get anything incorrect and end up with a late shipment. So I thought it was safer to go through the site.
    04-16-2015 11:21 AM
    I originally went through the app, had an April 24 - May 8 delivery, but didn't preorder because it wouldn't take the $250 in apple store gift cards I had. Thought I was doing something wrong. Didn't get on the computer based site until 15 minutes after preorders went live. Low and behold, it already went to June for the Space Gray 42mm. Come to find out, the apple store app does NOT accept gift cards as payment even though clicking on the gift card in passbook takes you there. You need to go through the computer browser to use gift cards.
    04-16-2015 11:30 AM
    I originally went through the app, had an April 24 - May 8 delivery, but didn't preorder because it wouldn't take the $250 in apple store gift cards I had. Thought I was doing something wrong. Didn't get on the computer based site until 15 minutes after preorders went live. Low and behold, it already went to June for the Space Gray 42mm. Come to find out, the apple store app does NOT accept gift cards as payment even though clicking on the gift card in passbook takes you there. You need to go through the computer browser to use gift cards.
    Well that is just a bit stupid You should report the error to Apple Apple - Feedback
    04-16-2015 12:52 PM
    I did and got a call back from them. They apologized and said that they know at this time the app cannot accept gift cards. They also said that this is a feature they are looking at adding in the future. They also said there was nothing they could do about the shipping time even though they knew of this problem. So I will have my leather loop to wear well before my watch...lol
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-17-2015 10:43 AM
    I did and got a call back from them. They apologized and said that they know at this time the app cannot accept gift cards. They also said that this is a feature they are looking at adding in the future. They also said there was nothing they could do about the shipping time even though they knew of this problem. So I will have my leather loop to wear well before my watch...lol
    At least you got a call back, it's not much but better than some other companies right?
    04-17-2015 11:23 AM
    Deleted.
    04-17-2015 04:39 PM
    Bit late but scheduled my try on appointment right at 2:01 am on 04/10 for 10:00 am Sat 11th. Walked in and tried on a few and used  pay to purchase mine right after.

Went with 38 MM stainless steel with sport band. Estimated ship May 14-24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D and Ipheuria like this.
    04-17-2015 08:38 PM
    Bit late but scheduled my try on appointment right at 2:01 am on 04/10 for 10:00 am Sat 11th. Walked in and tried on a few and used  pay to purchase mine right after.

Went with 38 MM stainless steel with sport band. Estimated ship May 14-24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Where are you located? That's not a bad ship date considering you just ordered today!
    04-17-2015 11:07 PM
    Has anybody got an order status update beyond processing yet?
    04-19-2015 02:02 PM
    Nope.
    04-19-2015 02:38 PM
    Yeah, that is a really good ship date for the time ordered.
    04-19-2015 08:38 PM
    Where are you located? That's not a bad ship date considering you just ordered today!
    I think he ordered on Saturday, 4/11, it seems like he's just posting late.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-19-2015 09:15 PM
    Well I did my official try on the appointment today ( The first time was just a quick walk in)

I tried to 38mm sport with white band, which is what I ordered. I actually liked it more this time because I was able to spend more time with it.

I also tried the classic buckle, modern buckle & Milanese loop. I really like the classic buckle.
    The rep said eventually the bands will be in stores, ( after May), so I might get the classic buckle at some point.
    04-19-2015 09:22 PM
    Hi all, created an account to post to this thread.

Melbourne, Australia.
    Ordered with Store App at 5:02pm.
    42mm SS with Milanese
    24/4 to 8/5 delivery "window"

I'd previously checked that all my Apple Store settings were correct, and did a small test purchase to confirm that it all worked properly. Desired watch saved in favourites. Told my Boss and everyone else to go away as I was not "here" from 4:50pm...
    I had my work computer logged into the site and on the favourites page for the watch, with a 2 second refresh via a chrome extension. iPad beside me on a different internet connection. App Store on iPad came up at 5:02, grabbed it and ordered, took a minute or so to complete the order as Australia isn't important enough to have Apple Pay yet, grrrrr. Got confirmation email at 5:05pm.
    Interestingly, the website did not go live here until 5:10pm, and delivery dates were already in the middle of may. When I checked 15 minutes later my watch was delivering in June.

Hopefully Apple deliver for launch day, especially for those of us who got to order in the first couple of minutes.
    04-19-2015 09:40 PM
    Time: 12:05am
    Method used: Apple Store using Pay
    Model ordered: 42mm Watch Black Sport with Black Sport band.
    Shipping: May 13th - May 27th

Hoping for sooner >_< But then again. Aren't we all!?
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-19-2015 11:15 PM
    I think he ordered on Saturday, 4/11, it seems like he's just posting late.
    Thanks I was wondering how he worked that magic.

Hi all, created an account to post to this thread.

Melbourne, Australia.
    Ordered with Store App at 5:02pm.
    42mm SS with Milanese
    24/4 to 8/5 delivery "window"

I'd previously checked that all my Apple Store settings were correct, and did a small test purchase to confirm that it all worked properly. Desired watch saved in favourites. Told my Boss and everyone else to go away as I was not "here" from 4:50pm...
    I had my work computer logged into the site and on the favourites page for the watch, with a 2 second refresh via a chrome extension. iPad beside me on a different internet connection. App Store on iPad came up at 5:02, grabbed it and ordered, took a minute or so to complete the order as Australia isn't important enough to have Apple Pay yet, grrrrr. Got confirmation email at 5:05pm.
    Interestingly, the website did not go live here until 5:10pm, and delivery dates were already in the middle of may. When I checked 15 minutes later my watch was delivering in June.

Hopefully Apple deliver for launch day, especially for those of us who got to order in the first couple of minutes.
    woah crazy setup GL with the delivery
    04-20-2015 06:43 PM
    Pre-order complete-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1429574787.482835.jpg Preapreing for shipment!
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-20-2015 08:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1429574787.482835.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	80349 Preapreing for shipment!
    very jealous of you right now
    04-21-2015 07:48 AM
    Thanks for posting. And I hope you'll stick around and partake in other conversations.
    04-21-2015 12:17 PM
177 ... 5678