So i know they haven't said much about where it will be sold, but I was wondering if it will make it into stores like best buy and that which normally are big apple sellers, or if they are keeping it just in apple and high end fashion stores? only reason I ask is because BB is a lot closer to me than any apple store, not that it will be sold for awhile at those stores even if they were to carry it.
    04-09-2015 12:31 PM
    I think for this first release - it's Apple & the few high-end fashion stores...
    04-09-2015 12:51 PM
    Great question,l. In addition to what Keith stated, I assume the wireless carriers will sell them at some point as well as retail stores that also sell the iPhone and iPad.
    04-09-2015 12:57 PM
    Great question, in addition to what Keith stated, I assume the wireless carriers will sell them at some point as well as retail stores that also sell the iPhone and iPad.
    I only asked because I have a bunch of BB gift cards, would have been nice to use on it. Oh well lol. If nothing else maybe Gen 2 will be sold in more stores.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-09-2015 01:00 PM
    I only asked because I have a bunch of BB gift cards, would have been nice to use on it. Oh well lol. If nothing else maybe Gen 2 will be sold in more stores.
    Understood...
    04-09-2015 01:06 PM
    I would be very surprised if Best Buy didn't end up selling even the "cheapest" version
    04-09-2015 02:08 PM
    I would be very surprised if Best Buy didn't end up selling even the "cheapest" version
    Agreed! And I also believe the carriers will get it eventually.
    04-09-2015 02:33 PM
    Apple does not want to sell at other retailers yet because the Watch requires a certain amount of "customer service" to sell it. Apple Sale Reps should be equipped to spend 15 minutes, but perhaps other retailers may not have the training and manpower? Besides, it may be hard to convince other retailers to require by appointments only when their business is based on walk-ins. Just my guess though.
    04-09-2015 04:29 PM
    Apple does not want to sell at other retailers yet because the Watch requires a certain amount of "customer service" to sell it. Apple Sale Reps should be equipped to spend 15 minutes, but perhaps other retailers may not have the training and manpower? Besides, it may be hard to convince other retailers to require by appointments only when their business is based on walk-ins. Just my guess though.
    And the retail stores personnel that I live don't know much about technology even though they work at a tech store....
    04-09-2015 06:13 PM
    I don't think you would really need appointments. Have certain modes at other stores and if they want a different one they can order it from Apple.
    04-09-2015 09:19 PM
    I don't think you would really need appointments. Have certain modes at other stores and if they want a different one they can order it from Apple.
    Yeah, I would think not too...but the other explanation I can think of on why other retailers aren't selling the Watch is perhaps the demand isn't really there afterall? If the demand is high enough, you would think other retailers would sell it too, so...

I would like to think other retailers wouldn't be equipped with the sales pitch needed is the reason.
    04-09-2015 09:28 PM
    Yeah, I would think not too...but the other explanation I can think of on why other retailers aren't selling the Watch is perhaps the demand isn't really there afterall? If the demand is high enough, you would think other retailers would sell it too, so...

I would like to think other retailers wouldn't be equipped with the sales pitch needed is the reason.
    Yeah I think it's a much harder sell compared to an iPhone which essentially sells itself.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:34 PM
    I'm positive that retailers like Best Buy will end up retailing the Sport models for sure. It's in Apple's best interest to make it widely available.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:35 PM
    I'd bet that Best Buy and a few other big box stores will eventually end up carrying the Apple Watch
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:39 PM
    Yes, Best Buy will be selling at least some of them when production catches up with demand at Apple stores. Our local Best Buy already has secure cabinets with power in its drawers for securing watches overnight while they're being recharged.
    Premium1 likes this.
    04-10-2015 02:04 AM
    Yes, Best Buy will be selling at least some of them when production catches up with demand at Apple stores. Our local Best Buy already has secure cabinets with power in its drawers for securing watches overnight while they're being recharged.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info.
    04-10-2015 08:05 AM