Yup, this is the one thing I've been missing from smartwatches: Waterproofing.

Most are water resistant, but want to go for a swim? Think again. And since swimming is my sport of choice AND my relaxing leisure activity (nothing beats floating belly up for an hour in the sun hehe), I really miss having my watch on me while on the pool.

Activity trackers like the FitBit or such can even track how many strokes you take when swimming laps, but smartwatches? Nope. I know that's not exactly what they're designed to do, but I would love to have a version that I can take with me to a pool, even if it doesn't track my activity there, as long as it's still working at the end of the day.

What about you guys?
    04-09-2015 11:21 AM
    I don't want it personally but I see your point especially on the Sports version.
    04-09-2015 11:22 AM
    Yeah, I'm one of those guys who just feels 'naked' without their watch (be it smart or regular), so before the Smartwatch, I had a waterproof one that could stand me going into the pool all the time, and never took it off (except for sleeping). Now I have to remember to take it off every time, and I know most can be subjected to a little bit of submersion without it becoming a fish bowl, but it's not the same as having your watch on you all the time.

I thought the Moto360 could have done it since there are no pins for charging, but nope, they only made it water resistant.
    04-09-2015 11:27 AM
    I agree, I'm not a swimmer, but when I go swimming I don't want to take my watch off and most times I forget anyway. Bring on the waterproofing.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-09-2015 11:28 AM
    I would love to see a waterproof version. The issue might be size though...it might be slightly bigger. So guess we will have to see how size is impacted by waterproofing, before making a decision
    04-09-2015 11:29 AM
    Personally, not having a water-proof  Watch wouldn't deter me from getting one, especially being that I rarely allow any of my electronic devices to get wet. Still, I'd welcome one if Apple were to introduce a water-proof version.
    04-09-2015 11:32 AM