Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
So happy the clocks are forward in London. 8:01am and a 38mm Stainless Steel with classic buckle is on its way. Yet I still couldn't sleep - too excited!

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
For everyone that was up all night with me... already tried it on in store. I have some pics comparing the size to the Pebble watch. The 42 seems fine even though my wrist is the smallest size on the medium/large sport band, Largest size on the small/medium sport band.

The black is the 42 mm sport and the white is the 38 mm sport. I ordered the white 42 but am seriously reconsidering because the black looks amazing especially with the screen off.

white38SportVsPebble.jpgwhite38Sport.jpgblackSport42vsPebble.jpgblackSport42.jpg

Larry Ganz

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Last night someone suggested the stainless with classic buckle wasn't selling as fast, so before I went to sleep I was able to change from "stainless sport band" to a "stainless with classic buckle" model to get it here between 4/24 and 5/8.

Right after my first order I had accidentally added a sport band as an extra order (along with a milanese loop), so I was still getting a sport band too. I left the black space grey on my original order with the 5/13 - 5/27 shipping date - for either me and a change of color, or for my son.

Whoever that was that posted the tip, thanks!

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
For everyone that was up all night with me... already tried it on in store. I have some pics comparing the size to the Pebble watch. The 42 seems fine even though my wrist is the smallest size on the medium/large sport band, Largest size on the small/medium sport band.

The black is the 42 mm sport and the white is the 38 mm sport. I ordered the white 42 but am seriously reconsidering because the black looks amazing especially with the screen off.

View attachment 79782View attachment 79783View attachment 79784View attachment 79785

They both look cool! And you could always buy a black band to go with the silver. I bought a white 38mm and plan on getting a black band with it.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I was able to try on the Apple Watch at 10 am today. The store was busy, but not insane. People were walking in and able to try on watches. Best of all, there were plenty of demo watches to play with after my appointment. I'm in love! I was worried the 38 mm would be too small and hard to read, but it was perfect for me, and the text was incredibly clear, even without my reading glasses!

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping someone older than me would chime in. But no one has. GEEEZ! is 62 that old?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping someone older than me would chime in. But no one has. GEEEZ! is 62 that old?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Whilst you are twenty years my senior, you do NOT come across as being old in the way you write. I suspect you are very young for your age, Led! Rejoice in that fact. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I didnt wait up :) I got up :)

I get up at 3am for the gym, I took a look at the pre-ordering even though I am passing on Apple Watch v1 and waiting for v2. At 3:11 all of the non-bright colors were at 4-6 weeks already.

Nice work Apple you did it again!!! 5 million people took the blue pill :)

Now time to get an appointment to at least check out the watch (I dont want my blue pill to expire ;))

perrinsf

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Got an appointment for 1pm today to go try on what I bought to compare the sport versus the stainless steel. Was impressed an no regrets getting the sport version. No buyers remorse. So light and fits really well. Can't wait to get it for real, but taking 4-6 weeks.

I believe Apple has a winner here!
image.jpg

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Worked a night shift the night before. I was so tired. I finished at 7.30. I was planing on going to Starbucks and waiting till 8.01 with iPhone and iPad in hand to make my pre-order but was feeling so tired and groggy. I got on the train (no data signal) to go home. Came into signal coverage at 08:20. Sleepily placed my order, went through at 08.24. Delivery date is 24/4-8/5. Quite pleased with that as I was 23 mins late to the party!

I've got an appointment to try on later on this afternoon.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I need way more than that. When I have to be up at 5:30 for work I force myself to sleep at 10:30

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR